Status
Not open for further replies.
I will double check but Corvettes don't go by rail to Concord. It doesn't sound like your dealer used Vin View to look at the exact location of the car once it's been shipped and the approximate time it will arrive at the dealership.
Mr Corvette, do you happen to know the routing From BG to western Canada, Alberta in particular? Thanks.

Mr Corvette, do you happen to know the routing From BG to western Canada, Alberta in particular? Thanks.
Sure Bowling Green to the Kansas City Terminal Mill Street yard 540 Miles to the northwest. Then 510 miles northeast to the Corwith rail facility in Chicago.
Then another 870 miles through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota, heading Northwest and then straight North to Winnipeg.
Beyond that you will have to check with Northgate. There's a 1325 km route to Calgary and a 1295 km route from the Winnipeg yard to the Edmonton Cloverbar yard.
Has your dealer mentioned if your car arrives by rail in Edmonton or if it is trucked up from the Calgary Sarcee rail yard? The majority of Corvettes take the 2300 km ride on the western route directly to the CN Vancouver main rail yard from Winnipeg with stops in Regina and Calgary. Northgate should know which rail yard your car will come to and be trucked to them from.

Us lowly 2020's don't have Intellibeam. At the risk of irritating oncoming traffic, I don't miss it.
I had no choice about the car. I was told by the boss what to get. ;)
It does just the opposite, it rarely ups the beams, as the sensor system sees everything as either a headlight or taillight.
I think it turns them off if a bat flies nearby. Or a reflective roadside marker, or something on an overpass with side marker lights, or....
Same here, on choice. I told her what they had available, coupe/HTC, colors, options.
I actually had very little to do with the finished product, but we love it. :Cheers2:

Reactions: Murray20c8
It does just the opposite, it rarely ups the beams, as the sensor system sees everything as either a headlight or taillight.
I think it turns them off if a bat flies nearby. Or a reflective roadside marker, or something on an overpass with side marker lights, or....
Same here, on choice. I told her what they had available, coupe/HTC, colors, options.
I actually had very little to do with the finished product, but we love it. :Cheers2:
Mike are you also going to check that the DRL shuts off when your front turn signals come on in orange? Wouldn't want you to miss anything!✅

Mike are you also going to check that the DRL shuts off when your front turn signals come on in orange? Wouldn't want you to miss anything!✅
At night they do that, but when in daylight the DRL flashes on and off for signals.

Reactions: MKC8
Sure Bowling Green to the Kansas City Terminal Mill Street yard 540 Miles to the northwest. Then 510 miles northeast to the Corwith rail facility in Chicago.
Then another 870 miles through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota, heading Northwest and then straight North to Winnipeg.
Beyond that you will have to check with Northgate. There's a 1325 km route to Calgary and a 1295 km route from the Winnipeg yard to the Edmonton Cloverbar yard.
Has your dealer mentioned if your car arrives by rail in Edmonton or if it is trucked up from the Calgary Sarcee rail yard? The majority of Corvettes take the 2300 km ride on the western route directly to the CN Vancouver main rail yard from Winnipeg with stops in Regina and Calgary. Northgate should know which rail yard your car will come to and be trucked to them from.
Thanks again for your time. Northgate told me last week that the car will arrive at the railhead in Edmonton. I just didn’t know how convoluted a route it would take to get there. Or how long although I think I remember something from previous conversations about it taking about a month once it leaves BG I just couldn’t remember exactly. They also said that to their information that the fix should roll out within two weeks which would mean one week now if that is accurate. Basically what you said in your last update. Not a few months as some have suggested . Or I should say guessed. Thank you for your reply.

Thanks again for your time. Northgate told me last week that the car will arrive at the railhead in Edmonton. I just didn’t know how convoluted a route it would take to get there. Or how long although I think I remember something from previous conversations about it taking about a month once it leaves BG I just couldn’t remember exactly. They also said that to their information that the fix should roll out within two weeks which would mean one week now if that is accurate. Basically what you said in your last update. Not a few months as some have suggested . Or I should say guessed. Thank you for your reply.
Just check with Northgate to see if they know if the train arrives from Winnipeg or Calgary? It takes a month as I have said before. As I said in my original post dealers will start hearing what I posted last Tuesday. I was just letting the members know on here about their cars before the dealers found out. Corvette production has just about completely stopped and they need to get the solution within two weeks. I am hoping to have good news in the next week.

Just check with Northgate to see if they know if the train arrives from Winnipeg or Calgary? It takes a month as I have said before. As I said in my original post dealers will start hearing what I posted last Tuesday. I was just letting the members know on here about their cars before the dealers found out. Corvette production has just about completely stopped and they need to get the solution within two weeks. I am hoping to have good news in the next week.
Excellent. Mine was built on Feb 8 so based on all of this, with luck and the Gods willing I would hope to see it by the first week of May or so. Then again there is always Mr. Murphy ….

Reactions: rommel
The DRL colour changes to amber during turn signal or 4-way flasher operation. Reverts to white afterwards. Also noted they dim slightly during full headlight activation, as expected.

Don't get too optimistic. Mine was built sept 6 and its still in transit..
You would think they could’ve pushed it to Manitoba by now. What have you been told the problem is ? It obviously originally wasn’t the DRL .
On the one hand though, much like a lot of us, as long as you get your mitts on it two days before the last of the snow goes you will be good. I don’t want to think of the other hand.

Reactions: rommel
Mine was built September 14th and it’s in my garage. Why the long delay?
I don't have a great answer but the research I have done is and its looking like a DCT issue which needed to be replaced. (happened to 200-400 cars) I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full in a way I'm happy they replaced it as it would have been annoying getting delivery in October then sits until end of march early April and it breaks on me then I'm out of a car for the summer. yeah I don't know but a new 24 it not worth the difference. (20K more for a 24 same spec)

they have another month before I move on to another brand.

I don't have a great answer but the research I have done is and its looking like a DCT issue which needed to be replaced. (happened to 200-400 cars) I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full in a way I'm happy they replaced it as it would have been annoying getting delivery in October then sits until end of march early April and it breaks on me then I'm out of a car for the summer. yeah I don't know but a new 24 it not worth the difference. (20K more for a 24 same spec)

they have another month before I move on to another brand.
Ah... ok....tranny problems. Maybe a good thing then as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.