Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the DRL's
1710077421153.png

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8 and DenisC8
If Chevy has any business intelligence they will focus first on the cars clogging up bowling green and preventing dealerships from finalizing sales. Updates to used cars already in Canada should come after. Assuming everything can't just be updated at once
I believe it's only the Canadian C8's that are affected, so honestly, the # of cars produced for Canada is so small, I wouldn't call it 'clogging up' anything....They can handle thousands of cars....It's not that big of deal for them...

I believe it's only the Canadian C8's that are affected, so honestly, the # of cars produced for Canada is so small, I wouldn't call it 'clogging up' anything....They can handle thousands of cars....It's not that big of deal for them...
Looks pretty backed up to me.

1710078097219.png

So long as they stay on regardless of the headlight switch position in the daylight or dark AND your headlight sensor works in the dark and turns on the headlights regardless of the switch position with the DRL’s still on, I believe that is the requirement. Does that all work in your 2020 Murray?

So long as they stay on regardless of the headlight switch position in the daylight or dark AND your headlight sensor works in the dark and turns on the headlights regardless of the switch position with the DRL’s still on, I believe that is the requirement. Does that all work in your 2020 Murray?
Yup, but I always leave it in auto mode and haven't had any issues. I don't think I even know where the switch is! lol

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8
Looks pretty backed up to me.

View attachment 121452
Well, I can tell you, it's never empty...and although it may look full, there are many many other locations for them to store vehicles....I was still working during the Rail strike at another Manufacturer, and we never stopped building, just kept piling cars up at different locations, and I believe we peaked at 18K cars at one time. (we were storing cars at Wonderland, and other Fairgrounds. GM / Ford Chrysler also had cars in these locations when something like this happens......A normal # of cars for us on site at any 1 time was 3-4K cars....No big deal...

Reactions: Murray20c8
Yup, but I always leave it in auto mode and haven't had any issues. I don't think I even know where the switch is! lol
Just in case you need to find it Murray, it's at the end of your turn signal stalk!😂

• Haha
The only overflow lot I know of for the plant once the 1900 spots are full is over at the NCM racetrack. From my count since the hold started there are approx. 475 cars being held for Canada with about 60% of those coming to Ontario directly by truck. The problem isn't the number of truck Jack Cooper has, it's the number of drivers they have available to bring them into Canada. I know the trucking company will figure it out, but my contacts at Jack Cooper have told me, there will be some delays.
First they have to catch up, then they will have to deal with the additional Canadian units that have been delayed being produced due to the problem. More to come on that as many members here have had their TPW's pushed back due directly to this.

The only overflow lot I know of for the plant once the 1900 spots are full is over at the NCM racetrack. From my count since the hold started there are approx. 475 cars being held for Canada with about 60% of those coming to Ontario directly by truck. The problem isn't the number of truck Jack Cooper has, it's the number of drivers they have available to bring them into Canada. I know the trucking company will figure it out, but my contacts at Jack Cooper have told me, there will be some delays.
First they have to catch up, then they will have to deal with the additional Canadian units that have been delayed being produced due to the problem. More to come on that as many members here have had their TPW's pushed back due directly to this.
I was wondering about shipping to ottawa area?
Would they go by truck or would they do rail first then truck.
Just wondering because I heard that southern ontario vettes go by truck all the way.

I was wondering about shipping to ottawa area?
Would they go by truck or would they do rail first then truck.
Just wondering because I heard that southern ontario vettes go by truck all the way.
Rommel, did you buy your truck from a Myers dealership? The Ottawa cars come directly by truck. The first part of the drive takes them to Flint or Lansing, Michigan.
From there over to Sarnia then on to Kingston and eastern Ontario drops with Ottawa being last drop. This current backlog will have truck loads all for Ottawa area so your car will come straight to you.
This is good news for you as coming by rail would add a month to the journey as they always have a backlog at the rail yards.

Reactions: rommel
Rommel, did you buy your truck from a Myers dealership? The Ottawa cars come directly by truck. The first part of the drive takes them to Flint or Lansing, Michigan.
From there over to Sarnia then on to Kingston and eastern Ontario drops with Ottawa being last drop. This current backlog will have truck loads all for Ottawa area so your car will come straight to you.
No i didn't get this one from myers. I have bought from myers before but thought I'd keep the business local by buying from my small town dealer this time. They aren't evening getting one vette per year now.
My salesman thinks it comes to concord by rail then trucked.
Appreciate the enlightening on how it really comes... so that's good news anyway.

This is good news for you as coming by rail would add a month to the journey as they always have a backlog at the rail yards.
And my dealer is about 40 minutes west of Ottawa so hoping they still follow same protocol for shipping

And my dealer is about 40 minutes west of Ottawa so hoping they still follow same protocol for shipping
I will double check but Corvettes don't go by rail to Concord. It doesn't sound like your dealer used Vin View to look at the exact location of the car once it's been shipped and the approximate time it will arrive at the dealership.

I will double check but Corvettes don't go by rail to Concord. It doesn't sound like your dealer used Vin View to look at the exact location of the car once it's been shipped and the approximate time it will arrive at the dealership.
If you could double check that would be great.
I'm about 30 minutes just west of myers ottawa. I'm down the 417.
I sent my salesman a message yesterday mentioning the running light recall and that's why the car is still sitting in bg.
I'll probably hear something from him early this week.

so we are 2 months away from start of Corvette season with cars built in Jan and Feb still not delivered. March allocation last week was "big", but even without delays those cars would be delivered in June, and if the curse of the C8 continues they will be delayed and half of the 2024 driving season will be gone.

Um, has anyone actually looked at the headlight configuration on their car, when running/moving, in any/all of the 3 active lighting modes, to see if the headlights come on automatically in "auto" mode when it's dark, and if the DRLs light up when the car is placed in D or R in any lighting mode during daylight hours? I'm still not sure what specific lights are the DRLs on the C8. I do see lots of cars driving with the LED perimeter lights surrounding their main headlight enclosures on, when in motion, and I'm guessing that they are sufficient to act as their DRL lights.
Isn't that what the recall is all about? GM seems to be admitting, according to various sources, they don't know which units might be affected, if at all.
When the weather improves, I'm going to test my car's lighting system, to see what works and what doesn't, under the aforementioned settings/conditions.
This is beginning to remind me of the Covid chaos.
Thanks. That's what I assumed after seeing the rest of the newer automotive world using similar LED lighting around their headlight enclosures, yesterday during the daylight hours. And so, mine are functioning flawlessly, along with headlight auto on/off after dark, and Intellibeam high beam control. I'm not sure I like the IB system, as it tends to err on the side of not using the high beams, in situations where I would probably use them (wildlife tends to appear the 402 after dark). It's easily defeated, double tap the turn signal/high beam enable, and it shuts off.
BTW, your car looks familiar. ;)

Thanks. That's what I assumed after seeing the rest of the newer automotive world using similar LED lighting around their headlight enclosures, yesterday during the daylight hours. And so, mine are functioning flawlessly, along with headlight auto on/off after dark, and Intellibeam high beam control. I'm not sure I like the IB system, as it tends to err on the side of not using the high beams, in situations where I would probably use them (wildlife tends to appear the 402 after dark). It's easily defeated, double tap the turn signal/high beam enable, and it shuts off.
BTW, your car looks familiar. ;)
Us lowly 2020's don't have Intellibeam. At the risk of irritating oncoming traffic, I don't miss it.
I had no choice about the car. I was told by the boss what to get. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8 and 1st Vette
Status
Not open for further replies.