Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a great answer but the research I have done is and its looking like a DCT issue which needed to be replaced. (happened to 200-400 cars) I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full in a way I'm happy they replaced it as it would have been annoying getting delivery in October then sits until end of march early April and it breaks on me then I'm out of a car for the summer. yeah I don't know but a new 24 it not worth the difference. (20K more for a 24 same spec)

they have another month before I move on to another brand.
You and I have the 2024 DCT on our 2023. I hope mine is problem free.

I don't have a great answer but the research I have done is and its looking like a DCT issue which needed to be replaced. (happened to 200-400 cars) I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full in a way I'm happy they replaced it as it would have been annoying getting delivery in October then sits until end of march early April and it breaks on me then I'm out of a car for the summer. yeah I don't know but a new 24 it not worth the difference. (20K more for a 24 same spec)

they have another month before I move on to another brand.
The increase was I believe $12,500 . Not $20,000 . Still too much.

Factor in the luxury tax plus the HST and its not insignificant.
True. We are lucky here in that we only pay GST . No Territorial tax . Same as Alberta. So if you wanted to look at it from that perspective we save $12,500 on a $125,000 vehicle so in a way it balances out. Or so we would like to think, lol . At the end of the invoice it’s still an increase for us as well. But if you go back and look at the numbers you will see that the 2024 increase actually brought the Canadian price to par with US pricing. Canadian buyers had been getting a pretty good deal in comparison up to that point.

Reactions: rommel
I had a customer call me last week...2024 C8 Z51...needs a transmission. Only made it a few hundred KM apparently. Getting the run-around from his selling dealer (wasn't us). Wanted us to verify parts and what he was being told was correct. Felt bad for the guy!!!! Warranty of course but eeeesh

Edit - Sorry that was meant to quote the guy mentioning transmission troubles!

Reactions: Murray20c8
I had a customer call me last week...2024 C8 Z51...needs a transmission. Only made it a few hundred KM apparently. Getting the run-around from his selling dealer (wasn't us). Wanted us to verify parts and what he was being told was correct. Felt bad for the guy!!!! Warranty of course but eeeesh

Edit - Sorry that was meant to quote the guy mentioning transmission troubles!
Of course everyone now wants to know who the Dealership is.

Of course everyone now wants to know who the Dealership is.
I never understood why any customers who post about bad dealership experiences don't like to name them, Chris is a Tubman Chevrolet employee and not the customer.

I've bought C8 Corvettes from 3 different dealers:

Butler Chevrolet Pembroke: Average at best
McCurdy Chevrolet Trenton: Excellent
Taylor Auto Mall Kingston: Way below expectation

We probably need a forum just to rate dealerships :canada:

I never understood why any customers who post about bad dealership experiences don't like to name them, Chris is a Tubman Chevrolet employee and not the customer.

I've bought C8 Corvettes from 3 different dealers:

Butler Chevrolet Pembroke: Average at best
McCurdy Chevrolet Trenton: Excellent
Taylor Auto Mall Kingston: Way below expectation

We probably need a forum just to rate dealerships :canada:
I purchased a 2020 C8 at McGee Motors in Goderich, they were Excellent
My 2023 at Ray Cullen in London, excellent as well.

so we are 2 months away from start of Corvette season with cars built in Jan and Feb still not delivered. March allocation last week was "big", but even without delays those cars would be delivered in June, and if the curse of the C8 continues they will be delayed and half of the 2024 driving season will be gone.
Thankfully, I still have my 2023 Stingray to drive until my 2024 Z06 arrives! Looking forward to your first cruise of the season, Denis! When will that be, again? May?

I have a used 21 stingray sitting at budds in oakville and I am being told there's no way they can release the car to me until the recall has been actioned. I was under the impression used cars could were not impacted by stop sale orders. Other than walking away from the deal do I have any other options to expedite?

I have a used 21 stingray sitting at budds in oakville and I am being told there's no way they can release the car to me until the recall has been actioned. I was under the impression used cars could were not impacted by stop sale orders. Other than walking away from the deal do I have any other options to expedite?
Possibly, purchasing the vehicle un-certified and taking it to a garage that you know and have them certify it for you.

I spoke to a dealership the other day, and it is all about knowingly selling a vehicle with a major (in Transport Canada's eyes) recall and the legal ramifications of that.

Reactions: 21vert3LT
Do you have a sales agreement and have you paid already?
I have a signed bill of sale and financing in place... the annoying bit of it all is that I only came to find out about the recall after the financing had come through and I asked when I could schedule delivery for.

What do you mean by financing in place? Are you actually paying right now or are you saying they have approved you for a certain amount but nothing has been finalized yet.

If you are paying then ask them if title has already been put in your name. If the car is already registered then I dont see how they can legally hold your car.

What do you mean by financing in place? Are you actually paying right now or are you saying they have approved you for a certain amount but nothing has been finalized yet.

If you are paying then ask them if title has already been put in your name. If the car is already registered then I dont see how they can legally hold your car.
Idk if they have registered the car yet - my assumption is likely not because the car wouldn't have a completed safety certificate with the open recall (headlights being a safety item). I see the loan registered in my name but no payments yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.