Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2024 z51 corvette
Province
AB
Hi Guys, my car is at the dealership and all ready for me to take possession but the dealer wont release the corvette to me because they have to fix a recall of faulty daytime running lights. The dealer says GM has'nt made a fix for the computer problem so im in limbo. My car has been sitting a whole week waiting for GM to fix this. Needless to say im getting frustrated because its paid for and sitting at the dealership. anyone else in this situation?

Hi Guys, my car is at the dealership and all ready for me to take possession but the dealer wont release the corvette to me because they have to fix a recall of faulty daytime running lights. The dealer says GM has'nt made a fix for the computer problem so im in limbo. My car has been sitting a whole week waiting for GM to fix this. Needless to say im getting frustrated because its paid for and sitting at the dealership. anyone else in this situation?
too bad, obviously anxious to get it, but if your profile is correct, it shows your in Calgary??? Feb is Calgary isn't Vette weather....I'd be leaving it indoors until Spring time....I also have not seen anything regarding this recall for my 19??

too bad, obviously anxious to get it, but if your profile is correct, it shows your in Calgary??? Feb is Calgary isn't Vette weather....I'd be leaving it indoors until Spring time....I also have not seen anything regarding this recall for my 19??
i just want it in my garage so i can stare at it, instead of people pawing at it in the dealership.

Reactions: Zedaholic
Interesting. I entered the VIN for my C8 which was built on Feb 8 into the GM recall site and it came up no issues. Here is the link if you’re interested. The link works.

i wonder if its because your new car isn't in canada yet because the recall is for canadian cars and if yours has'nt crossed the border maybe it doesnt recognize the recall.
Unfortunately my vin comes up with the recall, and i just talked to my dealer and he says it might be there a couple of weeks to a month because gm is slowly rolling out the recall computer fix to certain vin numbers first. unbelievable!

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
i wonder if its because your new car isn't in canada yet because the recall is for canadian cars and if yours has'nt crossed the border maybe it doesnt recognize the recall.
Unfortunately my vin comes up with the recall, and i just talked to my dealer and he says it might be there a couple of weeks to a month because gm is slowly rolling out the recall computer fix to certain vin numbers first. unbelievable!
You may well be right, l’m hoping mine has left Kentucky and it hasn’t joined the MAGA crew , lol . Maybe @Mr.Corvette could fill us in . I hope you see it soon. Good luck.

Last edited:
Just checked the GM site for recalls and see that both my 2020 and 2022 have this particular recall. I've not had any issues with DRL's on both cars but I'll check with the dealer later in the year.

1708641226679.png

You may well be right, l’m hoping mine has left Kentucky and it hasn’t joined the MAGA crew , lol . Maybe @Mr.Corvette could fill us in . I hope you see it soon. Good luck.
Ok everyone, here's the word that GM doesn't want to talk about. Canadian cars built recently are being held at the plant. The recall applies to Canadian cars only but other models like the Liriq, Silverado and a couple of others are having the same problem. Apparently, the headlight switch if turned off or in a certain position is having an impact on the new for 2024 IntelliBeam auto high beam and possibly the daytime running lights. Canada was the first country to mandate the third high mounted brake light along with daytime running lights. If the DRL's don't operate the cars don't get to Canada. Initially I heard the problem was with the IntelliBeam system only.
Since the beginning of the month the Canadian cars are being held at Bowling Green as they need a software update, but the problem is (and nobody is talking about it so don't tell anyone that I told you) is that the software update hasn't been written yet and will not be available until sometime in March. Late January built 2024's that were shipped and made it to the dealership are currently under a "do not sell" order and will not be released to the owners until the software fix is installed. Dealers have already paid for many of these cars as they have been moved to 4150 status and been invoiced. For those of you that have 2024's already you should test your headlights in the auto position and sensor on the dash to see if your headlights do come on automatically and that your daytime running lights are operating properly with your headlight switch in the auto position.

Well this shitty news explains why my Corvette has been sitting in Kentucky for 3 weeks
Bowling Green, KY
10 PM
Cloudy

13°
1 AM
Mostly Cloudy

11°
4 AM
Clear

7 AM
Mostly Clear

10 AM
Mostly Clear

12°
1 PM
Mostly Clear

16°
4 PM
Clear

14°
7 PM
Clear

Humidity: 93%Wind: 11 KPH NW
Thu
Cloudy

15°12°
Fri
Mostly Clear

16°6°
Sat
Partly Cloudy

7°-1°
Sun
Mostly Clear

17°-2°
Mon
Partly Cloudy

21°10°
Tue
Windy

21°15°
Wed
Rain

Precipitation-10.svg
30%
20°2°
Thu
Mostly Cloudy

Reactions: Bunny hop
There's also software issues on Blazer EVs and Colorados causing stop sales. Makes me real confident in GM's abilities, especially when they're ditching CarPlay and Android Auto because they say they can deliver a better user/software experience

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Ok everyone, here's the word that GM doesn't want to talk about. Canadian cars built recently are being held at the plant. The recall applies to Canadian cars only but other models like the Liriq, Silverado and a couple of others are having the same problem. Apparently, the headlight switch if turned off or in a certain position is having an impact on the new for 2024 IntelliBeam auto high beam and possibly the daytime running lights. Canada was the first country to mandate the third high mounted brake light along with daytime running lights. If the DRL's don't operate the cars don't get to Canada. Initially I heard the problem was with the IntelliBeam system only.
Since the beginning of the month the Canadian cars are being held at Bowling Green as they need a software update, but the problem is (and nobody is talking about it so don't tell anyone that I told you) is that the software update hasn't been written yet and will not be available until sometime in March. Late January built 2024's that were shipped and made it to the dealership are currently under a "do not sell" order and will not be released to the owners until the software fix is installed. Dealers have already paid for many of these cars as they have been moved to 4150 status and been invoiced. For those of you that have 2024's already you should test your headlights in the auto position and sensor on the dash to see if your headlights do come on automatically and that your daytime running lights are operating properly with your headlight switch in the auto position.
Thanks Scott, always a wealth of great info! My 2024 Z06 was built on January 26th and is still sitting at Bowling Green, as a result of the issue that Scott so kindly articulated in his post. I feel for those that have their cars sitting at the dealer and as a result of this issue, cannot take delivery! Hopefully GM gets their act together and figures out a fix soon!

Thanks Scott, always a wealth of great info! My 2024 Z06 was built on January 26th and is still sitting at Bowling Green, as a result of the issue that Scott so kindly articulated in his post. I feel for those that have their cars sitting at the dealer and as a result of this issue, cannot take delivery! Hopefully GM gets their act together and figures out a fix soon!
When you enter your VIN on the Z06 on the GM recall website does it confirm that your car is a part of the recall? My car was built a week after yours and it doesnt register on the recall website. So perhaps another member is correct that Canadian recalls are only recognized once they cross the boarder

When you enter your VIN on the Z06 on the GM recall website does it confirm that your car is a part of the recall? My car was built a week after yours and it doesnt register on the recall website. So perhaps another member is correct that Canadian recalls are only recognized once they cross the boarder
Not sure but my dealer told me that there was a hold because of the headlight issue and Scott confirmed the issue and subsequent holdup. My car has been bayed waiting to be shipped for 3 weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.