Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. My dealer hasn't said anything is up... just that's its not shipped....
Once it was sitting there for 3 weeks I asked if it was a quality control problem..... they said nope.
I spoke with my dealer last week and he told me pretty well what is stated in the recall notice. They are in contact with GM frequently regarding this and he tells me that they expect the solution to be available within about two weeks according to his GM contact. Said he will let me know as soon as they find out. Fingers crossed. Who is your dealer? They should be more upfront if they are aware of the situation which you would think they should be. I’m dealing with Northgate in Edmonton. They have been very good to deal with, very upfront about everything , quite professional.

Reactions: rommel
Thanks a lot 2020.... 😄
1stvette.... lookin like you and I aren't driving til late spring lol.... na hopefully not.

That transport canada thing of testing vehicle first.... how long will it take our great government to do this lol

• Scared
Reactions: 1st Vette
Interesting? Recall must be stingray thing? If your non lift and my lift Z06's are not recalled we must have a different set up? Which is a good thing........
Every Canadian car is part of the recall! I believe @Mr.Corvette confirmed it was an intermittent software issue with the DRL's. If so, for all delivered cars there will be an OTA update pushed out within a few months. Here is my recall.

1710014232825.png

Why do you say months?
That's the way of OTA updates. They have thousands of cars to do and they have to be in a certain condition and location for the OTA to download.
If an update fails or is deferred it won't download again for at least 2 to 3 weeks.

If Chevy has any business intelligence they will focus first on the cars clogging up bowling green and preventing dealerships from finalizing sales. Updates to used cars already in Canada should come after. Assuming everything can't just be updated at once
If you read my other thread, that's exactly what's happening. I posted and update tonight.

Um, has anyone actually looked at the headlight configuration on their car, when running/moving, in any/all of the 3 active lighting modes, to see if the headlights come on automatically in "auto" mode when it's dark, and if the DRLs light up when the car is placed in D or R in any lighting mode during daylight hours? I'm still not sure what specific lights are the DRLs on the C8. I do see lots of cars driving with the LED perimeter lights surrounding their main headlight enclosures on, when in motion, and I'm guessing that they are sufficient to act as their DRL lights.
Isn't that what the recall is all about? GM seems to be admitting, according to various sources, they don't know which units might be affected, if at all.
When the weather improves, I'm going to test my car's lighting system, to see what works and what doesn't, under the aforementioned settings/conditions.
This is beginning to remind me of the Covid chaos.
Just leave the headlight switch in the auto position and you should be fine.
I did and I was.
This recall reminds me of covid chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.