There has been no word on any of the 2023's yet. I was expecting them to have updates available by the end of this week but it has been nothing said since the push to get the 2024 solutions done across the entire product lineup.
Got a text from Northgate saying my car was on the move with an estimated ETA of April 18 . Finally, and perfect timing for me if in fact this information is accurate.

Reactions: redpearl99
Got a text from Northgate saying my car was on the move with an estimated ETA of April 18 . Finally, and perfect timing for me if in fact this information is accurate.
Did Northgate tell you the exact status code of your car? I do expect cars to be loaded on trucks and trains this week but I am still waiting for confirmation that they have been released!

Did Northgate tell you the exact status code of your car? I do expect cars to be loaded on trucks and trains this week but I am still waiting for confirmation that they have been released!
No code , he simply said it looks like it’s finally on the move, ETA April 18 . So it would appear that at least some have been released. That’s all I know until I call him tomorrow to get some more details. I will let you know what I find out.

No code , he simply said it looks like it’s finally on the move, ETA April 18 . So it would appear that at least some have been released. That’s all I know until I call him tomorrow to get some more details. I will let you know what I find out.
Dealer told me similar yesterday.... that it looks like things are on the move.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Not waiting for a car but did get a notice in the mail quote "in your vehicle 23 both the DRLs and lower beam headlamps may not activate when the manual lighting switch is in the off or parking lamp mode" . The recall notice is N232431050 and until the recall remedy is available, drivers must ensure the lighting switch is in the AUTO position prior to driving. The remedy to repair your vehicle is not currently available but when it becomes available to correct the condition we will inform you by letter to take your vehicle in to your local GM dealer. So I would assume all these vehicles on hold will still be sitting?

Not waiting for a car but did get a notice in the mail quote "in your vehicle 23 both the DRLs and lower beam headlamps may not activate when the manual lighting switch is in the off or parking lamp mode" . The recall notice is N232431050 and until the recall remedy is available, drivers must ensure the lighting switch is in the AUTO position prior to driving. The remedy to repair your vehicle is not currently available but when it becomes available to correct the condition we will inform you by letter to take your vehicle in to your local GM dealer. So I would assume all these vehicles on hold will still be sitting?
Dealers will install the update. I believe the cars will move shortly.

Reactions: rommel
Mines been sitting there since built Feb 7th.
I'm at code 4150 but that is all I know.
Car hasn't moved as far as I know nor have I heard anything as to when I will be receiving it.

Barney, check to see if your status code has moved but as of this afternoon none of the cars have moved from the plant yet. I believe 4B00 Bayed status will be the first ones to be shipped. The 3800 status right now is a step backward to the prior 4000 status that so many members cars were previously.
Mr Corvette, just touched base with my dealer. Car (January 10 build) still remains at BG sitting at Event Status 3800. My dealer reports even the western Canadian sales manager states GM has gone quiet!
They could appear so much more user friendly and caring, if they would just communicate! It shouldn’t be this hard.

The new 2023's at dealerships are on hold and can not be released to buyers until the solution is found for the 2023 Corvettes. The solution was found by March 15th for the 2024 Corvettes and that has been downloaded on dealers computers to install into 2024's that were already there, or will shortly be on their way to the dealers.
Do not take your 2023 to the dealer for service until the solution is found.

I have to take my C8 for service in about a month, so are you saying they will hold my car?
I don't believe they can legally do that. It's your car, not theirs. The ones at the dealers, that haven't changed hands legally, can be held.
Ones that are new and at dealers that have legally changed hands can not legally be held, but what's the saying? Possession is 9/10ths of the law?

Mr Corvette, just touched base with my dealer. Car (January 10 build) still remains at BG sitting at Event Status 3800. My dealer reports even the western Canadian sales manager states GM has gone quiet!
They could appear so much more user friendly and caring, if they would just communicate! It shouldn’t be this hard.
Sorry, Barney my exact words last week. I haven't got a reply from Tadge, so I have to go back digging to get updates for you all. Have your dealer notify you when your car is Bayed status, that means it will be moving shortly!