So still no tapatalk in your plans?
Oh well. I will probably still use this site as a desktop reference for technical issues but I will miss the general discussions.
Tapatalk made it so much more convenient than opening a browser and navigating through your new layout on my phone.
Dan

It's in the plans still just not immediate ones. I'm testing out support on the development version of this forum.

In the interest of transparency, the issue with Tapatalk is two-fold:

1. Their official plugins have historically been buggy and prone to cause complete outages on forums. They're also a very unresponsive company in general on support.

2. The tapatalk modules provide unvetted posting rights meaning it can lead to increase in spam. It's almost a backdoor to the forums. We're currently proudly catching 99% of spam and don't want to change that.

Once it's cleared the dev cycle and beta testing we will put them in. For now I'm being extremely careful in the interest of the greater good.

Last edited:
Hey Nik, Just went on New Posts, thread, "Lapping at Icar", Never been on that thread before, hit the Title of the thread, takes me to the last post? Now I have to scroll up to the top.....????

Just installed Win10 and am using Edge, forum looks good and seems to be working perfectly. If I get any bugs I'll post them.

You're a braver test pilot than I :) I've not even tried Win 10 yet. That sense of adventure will get you into Google's ad sponsored space program one day.

Nik, I am being swarmed by deer flies, horse flies and mosquitoes. Can you help? :Biggrin:

My beer will not stay cold at all. :Cheers2:

Moving into a fridge will solve both problems. :) I will be creating an agony aunt forum to address life's little bumps in the near future lol :)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Out of 3 computers I've only been "brave" with 2. Had to figure out how to disable the touch screen on my ailing laptop. That was a lot of fun to do while it was "ghost typing". At least I've stopped playing with beta versions.

Not really a bug, but a feature request.

When I go to have Posts" any thread that I am the last poster does not show. Can this be changed or added as a behavior in our own personal preferences?

Thanks,

Mike

Hmm, that sort of goes against the concept of new posts. The reason it doesn't show is because it only shows threads with unread posts. The fact that you're the last poster means you've obviously read the last post.

Few things you can do is make use of the watch thread tool then hit watched threads instead of new posts. You can also see the most recent posts in the side block called recent posts or you can even log out and new posts will change to recent posts and will give you a user agnostic list of recent posts.

I guess I can put in a recent posts next to new posts even if you're logged in to give easier access.

Thanks Nik,

Yes I understand that what I was looking for goes against the concept of new posts, since it's not new to me. Yes an alternative link of active/recent post in datetime desc order would solve the problem. I guess my only issue is I look at the listing to see what is new and when I don't see anything I posted to, I start thinking did I screw up or what happened to those threads.

I can live without it but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Mike

Thanks Nik,

Yes I understand that what I was looking for goes against the concept of new posts, since it's not new to me. Yes an alternative link of active/recent post in datetime desc order would solve the problem. I guess my only issue is I look at the listing to see what is new and when I don't see anything I posted to, I start thinking did I screw up or what happened to those threads.

I can live without it but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Mike

And Merry Christmas to you. Just added recent posts for logged in users. Suppose I'd better announce it swiftly before mailbombs start flooding in. :)

Nik, lets start the conversation by saying this is probably something I screwed up. I have noticed that when you start a thread or respond to one that you do not always see the replies. I forget what I was looking at the other day but I went to my content, clicked on my post and was surprised to see there were other comments, most of them nasty and mean (do you have a blocker for that:D). However earlier when I clicked on "new posts" the other comments never came up.

Just wondering.:thumbs:

Nik, lets start the conversation by saying this is probably something I screwed up. I have noticed that when you start a thread or respond to one that you do not always see the replies. I forget what I was looking at the other day but I went to my content, clicked on my post and was surprised to see there were other comments, most of them nasty and mean (do you have a blocker for that:D). However earlier when I clicked on "new posts" the other comments never came up.

Just wondering.:thumbs:

Leaves the two of us wondering. Haven't seen this one yet. So you started a thread, there were some replies and it didn't show up in new posts? Keep in mind that if you ever click into that thread and go to the last post (even by accident) it goes poof from new posts because it assumes you've read it. But curious if I can recreate this.

You can click on a profile and hit the ignore link in the pop up to ignore them nasty mean internet bullies..

Nik I think that is essentially what happens. It is not an occasional thing it seems to happen a lot. But it is one of those things that I know now and I can just scroll up but it is strange. No worries.

First time I've seen this title on my "Last Week's most popular Corvette topics Saturday email.......

forum.jpg