Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
From "John" on Midengine forum.

I have gotten the following from at least two reliable sources, and on some items from three. However what I was told was not 100% identical from among them, nor (I respect this) will any one of them go public. So please take the following with yet a “little non-confirmation needed” in mind. Yet the following are far more than just rumors….

Some factual pieces you have seen posted earlier. Good for those posts. Here’s a lot more information, some literally at the 100% confirmation point (direct eyeball observations having been made).

*There are a ZR1 mules are being assembled on the Bowling Green Assembly line. Their engines are officially called “LT7’s”. The LT7’s are however now being made at a special GM powertrain assembly facility in Michigan. At some point, prior to all customer cars starting down the line, all LT7 engine assembly would transition to the BGA Powertrain Build Center.

*The ZR1’s wheels are sized 20”x10” front and 21”x13” rear. That might that mean its front remain 275’s or will they be 285’s? As to the rears, will they remain 345’s? I doubt that 345’s would handle its immense torque and would expect the rears to be 355’s.

*BGA is already making some 2025’s, e.g., both ZR1’s and non ZR1’s. One of them that was made two weeks ago ws in a new for 2025 color. Think of something “bright” and as a pure color.

*There was a day last week when more than a couple of ZR1 CTF’s (Captured Test Fleet cars) were made. That included both coupes and HTC’s. It’s nice to already 100% confirm that ZR1’s will be offered in both versions!

*The LT7 “is an LT6 with turbo’s.” So it was described by two folks who IMO know that for sure. That means it has a flat plane crank. Its exhaust is deeper throated than the LT6’s. Are the very few workers inside BGA who are authorized not only direct access to ZR1 CTF’s (very, highly restricted numbers, special access badging, etc), and even more restricted the handful who are allowed to start up and move a ZR1, have they been told “to keep the rev’s low?”

*ZR1 will have the carbon fiber wheel option. However, would they look the same as the current five-spoke Z06 and E-Ray wheels? Or might they be majorly different - possibly a seven or even nine spoke wheel?

*Do not expect the first ZR1’s being customer delivered early in the 2025 model year…. Think quite a bit later than that. Maybe even into the spring of next year…. AND, the possibility as this has been back and forth decided and changed in at least two meetings, do not preclude it finally becoming a 2026 model. Right now, as of today, it remains a 2025. However…

Despite our friends and inside contacts, we still do not have a clue as to when or where the ZR1 would be revealed. Since we do not know about the reveal, what are the leading rumors around that? There are three rumors. But again, all are pure guesswork. Will the ZR1’s reveal be?

1. Less than a month away at the National Corvette Museum Bash on April 25-27th?

2. Mid/Late August at Corvettes At Carlisle?

3. At the end of the 7th National Corvette Caravan when approximately 5,000 Corvettes arrive at Bowling Green (when the NCM holds its special Anniversary event this year August 29th-31st)

4. Or as GM is wont to do, somewhere new and different than any previous reveal…

Lol @ Denis. So, we are basing our hopes and dreams on some random dude named "john". Let me know when it hits someone's driveway...
LOL @ jack! So exactly what are hopes and dreams based on? By definition they are intangibles.

I'm hoping the ZR1 is a 25. With a 23 z06 and a Eray coming for 24 I can't afford a ZR1 also in 24. I need another year.....I can't imagine the cost of the ZR1?
I don't get it.
You already have a 2020 C8, and orders in for a 2023 Z06 as well as a 2024 E-Ray, but you're a bit short on cash for the ZR1?
Assuming this isn't some form of semi-entertaining fable, my question would be "Why?"

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
I don't get it.
You already have a 2020 C8, and orders in for a 2023 Z06 as well as a 2024 E-Ray, but you're a bit short on cash for the ZR1?
Assuming this isn't some form of semi-entertaining fable, my question would be "Why?"
Likely a timing thing for the cash as his Phenom won't be paid off for another couple years...

1711845451508.png

I don't get it.
I guess I could be a little clearer. My profile is not currant. I don't have my 2020 C8 stingray. Traded the 2020 when I received allocation for my z06 which I took delivery in January of 23. I'm #4 on the list for an E-ray which I hope will be this year. I plan on keeping my Z06 and E-ray and hoping for future ZR1 in cash permits. I just couldn't afford 2 cars this year and glad the ZR1 will be another year away.

Reactions: Rruuff Day