Can't be my IP as both phone for desktops and an MBA all are on same network. Has anyone else stated it works on a Ipad yet? Tried restarting and clearing several times. Also it only occurs on my Ipad which uses my wifi IP when it is on at home, and bell when away. I have tried both both have same return 404 page.

IP pm'd

I am also finding that, at times, when I hover over 'Forums' to go to the 'New Post' tabs, it is not expanding...would be great to get New Posts right on the main screen as bookmarking does not update to New Posts like I thought.

Going to dust off my ipad and try this out.

Just obvious checks, you're not mistyping it with https or something? And it's the .com not the .ca one right?

I reset my password when accessing this forum on my desktop computer.
The phone doesn't seem to recognize my password and boots me off with the following message:
"Failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists."

I am using tapatalk.

Yeah, figured :)

We don't currently support tapatalk. If there's demand I can add it to the list of features but right now won't work more than likely. The forums render pretty well on most mobile devices I've tried so in many ways you don't need to resort to third party apps to browse and chat (I know tapatalk has a big following). Have a go in your mobile browser.

I'll be starting a poll thread soon about new features and taking on requests.

Sorry

Yeah, figured :)

We don't currently support tapatalk. If there's demand I can add it to the list of features but right now won't work more than likely. The forums render pretty well on most mobile devices I've tried so in many ways you don't need to resort to third party apps to browse and chat (I know tapatalk has a big following). Have a go in your mobile browser.

I'll be starting a poll thread soon about new features and taking on requests.

Sorry
I'm sorry too.
Please reconsider using tapatalk as I follow this and other forums exclusively on my phone.
Thanks.

Nik, just by coincidence I found a post this morning that was put up yesterday by Keith Tedford about Dasilva's Coping Charity event.

Is it possible that I just missed it under new posts? Never saw it come up which makes me wonder if for some reason not all new posts are showing up?

Nik, just by coincidence I found a post this morning that was put up yesterday by Keith Tedford about Dasilva's Coping Charity event.

Is it possible that I just missed it under new posts? Never saw it come up which makes me wonder if for some reason not all new posts are showing up?

I saw that post also. :)

The way it sorts new posts is it will show you new threads and posts foremost, followed by threads that have unread messages last, it's possible you may have skimmed (clicked on it) it by accident (or the forum glitched). I'll take a peek at the database, some older threads did not import cleanly so there was quite a bit of manual intervention on my part which may have had some unintended consequences.

I'm getting used to the new site.. good work.
Did we lose the location information for each member on purpose?
The previous site showed the city location in their posts under their name and avatar.

graham
(from Langley)

I'm getting used to the new site.. good work.
Did we lose the location information for each member on purpose?
The previous site showed the city location in their posts under their name and avatar.

graham
(from Langley)

Unfortunately that info is lost. Would appreciate members to put it back in again.

CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A BUTTON THAT TELLS ME HOW TO START A NEW THREAD!

Top right big red button, see screen shot.

Also at the bottom of every forum.

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/245186/13a428875ddfcbce1ed4feab57eb989b

At the bottom of each post, it displays the poster's nickname, and the date of the post.

We already know who they are.... it shows in the avatar with their other information
in the left info bar.

And the date shows as "Wednesday at x:xx A.M."
Can't we see the actual date (May 20), along with the weekday ?
Or forget the weekday... the date is more informative.

And I think there is still a lot of unnecessary space being taken up by "nothing".
Each post has extra space before and after it.

And the menu bar and sub-menu bar (at the top) has a lot of space before and after those menu lines.
I think this spacing could be reduced considerably.

And... can we have an option to change our font size?
I certainly don't need it to be as big as it is.

(The above last 2 items are directed to trying to reduce a page size, thereby reducing the amount of scrolling needed to view a page)

Last edited:
So still no tapatalk in your plans?
Oh well. I will probably still use this site as a desktop reference for technical issues but I will miss the general discussions.
Tapatalk made it so much more convenient than opening a browser and navigating through your new layout on my phone.
Dan