Jan 12, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
20 3LT Z51 Matrix G
Province
ON
Hey everyone,
A lot of you will be receiving your new C8 in the coming months and I wanted to take it upon me to start up a thread going over and issues or problems you are experiencing. If you have a concern you would like me to look into please tag me in the post using the @ function. I would love to hear what you all have to say :)

Hey everyone,
A lot of you will be receiving your new C8 in the coming months and I wanted to take it upon me to start up a thread going over and issues or problems you are experiencing. If you have a concern you would like me to look into please tag me in the post using the @ function. I would love to hear what you all have to say :)
Morgan the biggest issue is most of us can't get a car ( I know a salesman that should sell his " dealer demo " ) lol one problem that you may want to know in advance because Streetspeed717 put C7 wheels on his C8 for a few youtube videos is I contacted Carlos at MMR wheels about doing this as I found a great deal on a set of c7 wheels but he said 100% Do Not Do This as they have the wrong PCD, wrong center bore and incorrect offsets. Just a heads up

Morgan the biggest issue is most of us can't get a car ( I know a salesman that should sell his " dealer demo " ) lol one problem that you may want to know in advance because Streetspeed717 put C7 wheels on his C8 for a few youtube videos is I contacted Carlos at MMR wheels about doing this as I found a great deal on a set of c7 wheels but he said 100% Do Not Do This as they have the wrong PCD, wrong center bore and incorrect offsets. Just a heads up
G27 let them do what they want. They were jamming high revs on it and just doing stuff for content and to do stuff as they have big viewers and they generate $$$ off thier channels Youtube, Instagram, Twitter all those and more...they most likely write a bunch off stuff off as well get stuff for free from places to do work on their cars and get mod parts. These folks will use these C8s harder than most and dont care about the breakin recommendations. Have you seen the lot of Cars Street717 has did he win a lottery invent something amazing or is he leveraged out the yingyang in financing. hahahahhahaha

Morgan congratulations on doing so much for C8 owners the videos are amazing. Not one dealer seems to care about their customers or can't be bothered. Any thought of me purchasing from another dealer has gone out of the window you seemed to be genuine about helping Corvette owners and you are also very knowledgeable about the product you sell.
Unfortunately my C8 convertible will have to wait a bit as the stock market has temporarily set that goal back a bit but I will keep watching your videos meanwhile.

Reactions: Morgan and Gilles27
Morgan congratulations on doing so much for C8 owners the videos are amazing. Not one dealer seems to care about their customers or can't be bothered. Any thought of me purchasing from another dealer has gone out of the window you seemed to be genuine about helping Corvette owners and you are also very knowledgeable about the product you sell.
Unfortunately my C8 convertible will have to wait a bit as the stock market has temporarily set that goal back a bit but I will keep watching your videos meanwhile.
It's exactly why people know me for driving 500 miles return to buy vehicles.
I have done it 6 times since 2012 and they will be
my "go-to" dealership for a C8 only as I am in Alberta.
100% agreed, every GM Dealership is the same ...
EXCEPT for the People from the Ownership on down ... :thumbs:

If I resided in ONT I'd sure give both Morgan & Eric a visit.
I can't wait for a cross-country road trip with plans for me
to at least stop in both dealerships and just say HI

I’m in for that trip!

Ok I can not wait until friday to post this video, I am going to go out today and shoot it in more detail. I was filming about the utility of the vette and decided to wash my vette beforehand. I uncovered some important findings while washing. Enjoy!

Nice one Morgan!

I suggest you open the trunk and "spot free" rinse the engine bay when you wash. I use a CR Spotless filtered water on all my cars, for rinse only on the exterior and engine bay and no spots! Some car washes have spot free rinse also.

Reactions: ccltj
I rarely wash my car or bike as I don't take them out in the rain. The odd time I have got caught in it I would only hand wash and use a high powered leaf blower I have to blow off the water and then microfibre left over drops. Morgan did you have the wheels ceramic coated too? The place I go to does that. They take the wheels right off and coat them. Helps getting rid of brake dust. Great videos sir. I know we all appreciate that hard work you do.

They can do our first oil changes for us and give us a free tank of top end fuel hahahahaha

I have a video I am posting on friday that uncovers a big issue related to those water spots.
OK, never mind golf clubs, can my hockey bag fit in the trunk? Can my hockey sticks fit in the passenger seat?

Reactions: Rebby
Ok I can not wait until friday to post this video, I am going to go out today and shoot it in more detail. I was filming about the utility of the vette and decided to wash my vette beforehand. I uncovered some important findings while washing. Enjoy!

Great video as usual Morgan. I noticed at 2:30 or so that the majority of water in the engine bay seemed to come off the hatch upon opening it. Not a cure all end all but perhaps a quick chamois or absorber wipe of the surface hatch area would significantly reduce the inside drying time and effort. Just a thought. Keep the vids coming. :thumbs:

Love the video Morgan!

I noticed that water pours down into the engine bay from the underside of the lower portion of glass. I'm shocked that GM didn't put some form of rain duct going either direction to help reduce water accumulation. Xpel or other ceramic coating on the area I think will help.

Reactions: Morgan

ok .... @turbozig ....
i think we have been challenged on getting a C7 detailing video out
even although it may end up being a mini-series ... 😁😂👍🏻

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: turbozig
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.