Apr 4, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8
Province
ON
Hello everyone,

I picked up a brand new 2024 C8 and when I brought it home noticed that it had an oil leak. I took it to a GM dealership and they stated that the transmission was faulty and needed to be replaced. After speaking to GM they stated that I had 2 options: Either trade this vehicle in and order a new one (and pay $2000 for the trade in for dealer fees) which would come in 3 months or have the transmission on the current model replaced. Has anyone experienced an issue like this and has GM done anything i.e discounts, extended warranty?

Might take 3 months to have DCT replaced , has your dealer did this replacement work before, do they have the proper tools, I'd get a new car but that's me, the dealer that I just bought a Z06 from didn't know how to check the oil with car running, very few competent dealerships. what dealership in Ontario?

BTW this is the final allocation cycle for 2024 so you could get hit with the 2025 price increase

Ya, Spencers is a large volume dealer and works on a lot of Corvettes. If it was me I'd get the tranny replaced. Your gonna wait either way. Bummer yes but your caught between a rock and a hard place.

Ya, Spencers is a large volume dealer and works on a lot of Corvettes. If it was me I'd get the tranny replaced. Your gonna wait either way. Bummer yes but your caught between a rock and a hard place.
Agree. Get it replaced, and then it's documented as their problem, your choice was to keep the current car. Particularly if you like the car as is.
Any further problems downstream can be negotiated from a position of "I accepted your fix it offer, and it didn't fix it.. Now what are you going to do to make it right?". Then take it from there.

Reactions: Bunny hop
New car. Or crappy maybe-repaired car. This is a no brainer.

Remember they always damage something else while doing repairs. A trany swap is not trivial.
You aren't guaranteed that a new car will not have issues though.

Ok I'll start, car grounded at Dealership for Front Trunk August 2020...
Mine came with a frayed seat belt and is in the window for faulty valve springs.
Edit: It was valve springs and not lifters.

Last edited:
Faulty lifters ? What is your kilometrage ? Is that even a word?
My kilometrage is about 52K now, but my vin falls in the range where there was a batch of faulty valve springs.

Last edited: