The porterhouse was always called a T-bone in the past. It's the thicker end of the loin where it meets the tenderloin. as you move away from the tenderloin, the T-bone is mostly just striploin. We bone everything out as I'm always saying you can't eat bone and it just takes up room in the freezer. So boned out, the porterhouse, (T-bone) turns into the tenderloin and loin steak packaged separately. If you buy T-bone steaks, look for the ones with the largest piece of tenderloin on the smaller side of the bone.

If you buy T-bone steaks, look for the ones with the largest piece of tenderloin on the smaller side of the bone.
When we were first married we'd treat ourselves to a T-bone once a week. She'd get the little side and I'd eat the rest.
Including the bone! ;)

When we were first married we'd treat ourselves to a T-bone once a week. She'd get the little side and I'd eat the rest.
Including the bone! ;)
You dog you.... lol... Yeah. My wife always got the tenderloin. same reason. She thought she was doing me a favor giving me the big portion.... :rolleyes:

What the heck I'll contribute something different than dead meat.... or maybe not! LOL

Circa 1980 .... ish

1705613381746.png

Free range grass fed and a bucket of grain each day for over the last month....Larry and I slaughtered a vegetarian Angus beef two Fridays ago and he's been hanging in my buddy's temp controlled cooler since then. We are butchering it this Friday. Can almost taste those steaks now... lol... Gotta love Alberta Beef... Just in case Wlgj happens by, no animals were harmed in the process... ;)

View attachment 118945
Be sure and save some to cut it up into porkchops

My hunting/fishing/antique sale buddy Larry is the pro. I know all the cuts and help some and do the bagging and wrapping, but breaking the animal down from what you see in the picture, other than a few pieces, I would be lost other than stripping the backstrap and tenderloin out. It's an art for sure. He was a butcher for 46 years, starting on a kill floor and retiring as the meat manager for our local Safeway. Other than size, there is zero difference between a beef, moose, deer, elk, caribou and most others. We have also done Ostrich, Llamas, Pigs (there's some differences with pigs and ostrich but a lot of the cuts are the same), sheep, antelope, caribou, elk, even did a cougar once for a guy. Premium cut would be tenderloin, Loin steaks (striploin) and standing rib roasts. Some people just want steaks so the standing rib turns into ribeye's. But really, if the cook knows what they are doing, any cut can be fall apart tender and mouthwatering.
Ummm... what does cougar taste like?

No worries Murray. I will strive to keep your reputation protected and it, along with your bank accounts and Pins are secure in the CCF database. :devil:
OH! No! Not another couch! :(

Had two trees that wifey has wanted removed from the yard now for several years and finally got around to it. Had my Tree cutting business buddy come and take them down as they were really close to my overhead power line. I said "just bring them down and I will take care of the wood and the branches....BIG MISTAKE.... 5 days later and I'm still cleaning up lol....

PXL_20240201_204858100.jpg

PXL_20240201_211400319.jpg

PXL_20240201_212703950.jpg