she told me she has to approve comments before they show up
OK, glad you told me. I'll comment on what I think of you and we'll see if she approves of my comments! ;)

Build it on the ground, move it to the crane, lift and place.................just so we can drive our Corvettes

Attachments

• DSCN2686.JPG
    DSCN2686.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2699.JPG
    DSCN2699.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2730.JPG
    DSCN2730.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Free range grass fed and a bucket of grain each day for over the last month....Larry and I slaughtered a vegetarian Angus beef two Fridays ago and he's been hanging in my buddy's temp controlled cooler since then. We are butchering it this Friday. Can almost taste those steaks now... lol... Gotta love Alberta Beef... Just in case Wlgj happens by, no animals were harmed in the process... ;)

-7639822404926070692.jpg

Free range grass fed and a bucket of grain each day for over the last month....Larry and I slaughtered a vegetarian Angus beef two Fridays ago and he's been hanging in my buddy's temp controlled cooler since then. We are butchering it this Friday. Can almost taste those steaks now... lol... Gotta love Alberta Beef... Just in case Wlgj happens by, no animals were harmed in the process... ;)

View attachment 118945
I like my sirloin medium rare thank you.🔪

View attachment 118945
BBQ at Rruuff's this coming Aug/Sept

The filet (tenderloin) is the tenderest part of the animal but it doesn't carry as much flavor due to how lean it is. Gotta have some marble in the meat for the best taste. But yes. any cut works just fine if cooked right. Even a cross rib, brisket or flank steak will be tender and tasty if the cook knows what he/she is doing...

@Rruuff Day I suspect that the butchering process has an impact on the quality of the meat. How did your learn your trade? Any difference between beef and say butchering a moose? Do they have similar roasts? What is the premium cut on a deer or moose?
My hunting/fishing/antique sale buddy Larry is the pro. I know all the cuts and help some and do the bagging and wrapping, but breaking the animal down from what you see in the picture, other than a few pieces, I would be lost other than stripping the backstrap and tenderloin out. It's an art for sure. He was a butcher for 46 years, starting on a kill floor and retiring as the meat manager for our local Safeway. Other than size, there is zero difference between a beef, moose, deer, elk, caribou and most others. We have also done Ostrich, Llamas, Pigs (there's some differences with pigs and ostrich but a lot of the cuts are the same), sheep, antelope, caribou, elk, even did a cougar once for a guy. Premium cut would be tenderloin, Loin steaks (striploin) and standing rib roasts. Some people just want steaks so the standing rib turns into ribeye's. But really, if the cook knows what they are doing, any cut can be fall apart tender and mouthwatering.