This the cow trail across my pasture. Cows are much like zombies. They follow each other nose to tail pretty much whenever they are on the move. Given the size of their brain, you would think they would realize that following each other like that only results letting the cow in front of you $hit on your face. But no. they never learn to think for themselves

PXL_20230921_195558613.jpg

Sort of like the 5 monkeys experiment.

1. Start with a room containing five monkeys. In the room, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. You don't need to wait long and a monkey will go to the stairs and start climbing towards the banana.

2. Now, as soon as the monkey touches the stairs, spray all the monkeys with cold water as punishment. After a while, another monkey gives it a try with the same result – all the monkeys are sprayed with cold water.

3. Next step, turn off the cold water. If, later, another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it even though no water sprays at them.

4. Now, remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be punished.

5. Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

6. Again, replace a third original monkey with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four monkeys that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

7. After replacing the fourth and fifth original monkey, all the monkeys that were sprayed with cold water have been replaced.

Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs, but no one really knows why.

What we're left with are five monkeys who know that they can't touch the banana because that's the way it's always been done around here.

Just came back from a run down through the US. Did some of the Blue ridge Parkway. Got on at Waynesboro but soon realized we were going nowhere fast. After a few hours got off and did the highway thing. Got back on down around Little Switzerland. My neighbour has done the BRK three times and he says it takes around a two and a half day drive. Beautiful scenery and worth the drive but don't have set schedule.. Managed to visit Carlisle and Gettysburg (pretty close together). Lots of history in that area if you do the Corvettes at Carlisle show. Hotel prices are jacked up for the show by close to 300%.
Ran the Tail of the Dragon. You'll see in one of the pics that there a few cars trailing me. That is because there was a slowpoke two cars ahead of me who didn't pull over. A word of advice if you ever do the TOTD. Hold back in a waiting area at either end to see who is going to be in front of you. Trucks and trailers, Trikes and SUV's are going to slow you down. There are places to pull over if someone is running faster than you. It is simple courtesy to try and let them appreciate the TOTD. It is not that long, 11Miles. Some people do not understand that! So if you have the time you could run it two or three times in the same day.
Did the museum and luckily met some people from Missouri & Arkansas who had a spare set of tickets as one of their group had dropped out so we got to tour the plant on Monday the 18th. Last 2023 was at the end of the line. Next one was a 2024. They hope for 94 builds per day but were running at -15 when we got to the end. Unfortunately the Z06 has some kind of problem so it did not get driven off the line. It was started up but then shutdown for whatever reason.
And then back home. Will need a second and maybe third post for pics - to follow
For those that have read this previously I got out my computing skills (very little) and have managed to get the pic of the car on TOTD. As mentioned there was a slowpoke two cars ahead of me holding us all back. So much so that I could casually flash the photographer a peace sign. A remanent from my days in the '70's.
IMG_3349.JPG
IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3412.JPG

Last edited:
Look like a great trip to do. It's on my bucket list

Well worth it.
I didn't run the complete Blue Ridge Parkway mainly because it was taking longer than I thought. Talked to my neighbour who has done it three times and he says it takes minimum 2 1/2 days to run it from top to bottom. The bottom is at Cherokee which is the Cherokee reservation. From there the TOTD is just about an hour away. Maybe a bit more but not much. And once you have done the TOTD then you might as well head off to the museum. It was 4901km from my place although we did deviate off to Connecticut to visit some friends for a day.

The car get togethers have officially ended at -
A couple of dirt trackers out front
It was free to register and if you did the beer was less expensive.
Any donations went to local charities
IMG_3522.JPG

This is a rare one

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

Plastic tub on the ground sit in the rear to serve as a trunk
IMG_3550.JPG

Al showed up for a visit

IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

Benn working on this for ten years. Car was originally a government vehicle in California. Motor swapped out for a Chrysler

IMG_3512.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

Not that many Vettes around but this is a nice one (I'm biased)
IMG_3539.JPG

Sponsor's three cars. The red one is a stroker. 2015 coupe and a Mustang. He's looking to buy a Transam now. Blocked off the boulevard in front of Farnham Ale & Lager for the show

IMG_3519.JPG

Don't want to bore you so just a few more. We lucked out with a sunny 24C.

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

First aid was available on site. Ambulance originally from BC. Trust you appreciate my finger

IMG_3523.JPG

Beautiful 50th Anniversary

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

Nice T-Bird

IMG_3551.JPG

And a snake in the grass

IMG_3555.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For anyone interested, my wife Brenda has a BlogSpot and occasionally posts stories about her travels. This latest is her trip with a girlfriend to Memphis in October. Don't be shy leaving a comment.

For anyone interested, my wife Brenda has a BlogSpot and occasionally posts stories about her travels. This latest is her trip with a girlfriend to Memphis in October. Don't be shy leaving a comment.

@Rruuff Day tried to leave a comment but I don't think it was sent. No idea why.

Great travelogue, Brenda does a really good job with them. :thumbs:

@Rruuff Day tried to leave a comment but I don't think it was sent. No idea why.

Great travelogue, Brenda does a really good job with them. :thumbs:
Thanks Murray. I thought the same thing about my comment but she told me she has to approve comments before they show up so I'm assuming yours will be in there next time she logs in and approves it.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06