Nov 16, 2017
VetteCoins
This was in the parking lot of the hotel for the Northland 50th Anniversary Corvette Conference being held in Alberta. It was nice to finally see the Z06 in person
PXL_20230805_012019845.jpg

Sad part to me is they had another option for install of front plate. A friend of mine just picked up his red mist z06 and their selling dealer did exactly the same thing - installed the front plate assembly so the plate sits essentially on the top of the bumper - why?
The c8 was designed with a
recessed plate holder

Screenshot_20230801_184253_Messenger.jpg

Versus mine recessed .... you have options.

20230726_081015.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Sad part to me is they had another option for install of front plate. A friend of mine just picked up his red mist z06 and their selling dealer did exactly the same thing - installed the front plate assembly so the plate sits essentially on the top of the bumper - why?
recessed plate holder

It wasn't designed with a "recessed plate holder". It was designed for use with the plate holder if needed and without that need, it had a nice cover plate. Previous cars have done the same, like the Firebird. Now a trick one can employ because of the situation is to drill holes and mount the plate as you did. The reason why the plate holder is so high is because a few states require the plate be mounted at a certain height. There are obviously other options as well. I made my own. Others don't mount the plate and others buy other options.

recessed plate holder

View attachment 112700

View attachment 112701
My dealer installed mine just like yours. I had ordered the GM holder but this looks much better and discrete.

WHY DO PEOPLE PUT THE PLATE ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR!! My C8 is almost 3 years old. My front plate is in my trunk. I paid $120k for my car, so I sure as hell can afford a couple of $150 tickets each year for missing plate and you know what..........I HAVE NEVER HAD A COP STOP ME!! That front plate looks like s**t!! There is my rant!!

WHY DO PEOPLE PUT THE PLATE ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR!! My C8 is almost 3 years old. My front plate is in my trunk. I paid $120k for my car, so I sure as hell can afford a couple of $150 tickets each year for missing plate and you know what..........I HAVE NEVER HAD A COP STOP ME!! That front plate looks like s**t!! There is my rant!!
Sorry, but my rant is not done. DON'T PUT A PLATE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR CAR!! Ok, I can't guarantee it, but I think my rant is done. Don't make me rip the plate off your car!!!

Oh, please. You just didn't think about it. I just drove it Toronto to Sarasota and the US border guy was laughing when he noticed no plate. He said "I know why you don't have a plate on that car. Have a great trip!! Here's the plate NOT ON THE CAR!!

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the TicToc hack. I'm so outta touch :rolleyes: ...
lol... You are out of touch. I know a lot of drivers in Ont who have never had a plate on the front of their ride and never had a problem. Much like my tinted side windows on my Vettes and my daily. Totally illegal here in AB and have never turned a head in 14 years on my daily and 12 years on my Vettes...

lol... You are out of touch. I know a lot of drivers in Ont who have never had a plate on the front of their ride and never had a problem. Much like my tinted side windows on my Vettes and my daily. Totally illegal here in AB and have never turned a head in 14 years on my daily and 12 years on my Vettes...
Agree. I have 2 friends who are cops and they said they would never pull someone over just for a plate issue. If you are pulled over for say speeding, they may ticket you for no plate, but who speeds in a Corvette!!! LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.