My dealership wanted wanted $3178.00 and told me that was their family & friends rate. I told him I’m shopping around so sharpen your pencil. He then said I can knock off $200 if that helps ya. Hence, I bought at the above dealer and the above price with no song and dance or anything.
Same here , my dealer said I can knock off a couple of hundreds but I lose my profit. :mad: :Arghh: , so I called another one and saved at least 1500$.

My dealership wanted wanted $3178.00 and told me that was their family & friends rate. I told him I’m shopping around so sharpen your pencil. He then said I can knock off $200 if that helps ya. Hence, I bought at the above dealer and the above price with no song and dance or anything. :Biggrin:
friends out for dinner and he wants you to pay for it.

Thanks @C8vette19 for Don's info. He hooked me up with the $1999 extended warranty package for 2023MY, have to say the best deal around for GM warranty.
Why are you giving your money away for a new car when you can buy "if" you still have the car in 3 years?

Asking for a "friend"...

Why are you giving your money away for a new car when you can buy "if" you still have the car in 3 years?

Asking for a "friend"...
The longer you wait the more expensive it gets. This is what I have been told. Plus the fact that every year price goes up on everything. Best to get it the first week you pick it up.
Remember the $1900 everyone is getting only for 80Km. For the daily drivers you might want to pay what I did for the 7 year 100km $100 deductible.

My dealership wanted wanted $3178.00 and told me that was their family & friends rate. I told him I’m shopping around so sharpen your pencil. He then said I can knock off $200 if that helps ya. Hence, I bought at the above dealer and the above price with no song and dance or anything.

Asking for a "friend"...
With the increase in MSRP of the car, I was told that there is a good chance that GM will increase the price of warranty as well. Even if I don't keep the car for that long it will help with resale especially if sold privately

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny hop
Yes I saw this yesterday, glad I got mine when I bought it.
$1700 for 80K, basically two additional years.
I thought this is a no brainer, as I will be driving this car as it was designed for, which is hard.

Has anyone confirmed this increase is for Canada too?
Given the number of other companies that all offer extended warranties and the number of dealerships that promote them instead of GM's extended plan, it either won't make any difference to them what GM does or on the flip side, they may see this as a way to increase their profits by 30%. Since dealerships mark up the plans by 100% anyway for their pure profits, there should still be deals out there for anyone who realizes this markup and does a tough negotiation with the dealer. Many GM dealerships, at least in the western provinces promote and only offer FCS for extended warranties. My dealer wouldn't even quote me on the GM plan as FCS is owned by the Wheaton group. $$$$. As I walked out of my dealer's finance manager's office it was much like dealing with a mexican beach vendor... he followed me out reducing the price 9 years ago until it went from $3200 down to $1800 before I got out the door. No matter. I didn't buy it anyway and glad I didn't as haven't had a sniff of a problem in those 9 years.

This is what I was quoted by my dealer and his comment about other prices. I contacted a small local dealer and they came in at $ 2761.00 + tax.

I honestly am not sure how its even possible for them to sell you a GM protection plan for that kind of discount.

As an employee of gm I can’t get even come close to that pricing.

1712006798913.png

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller