Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
Guys, Matt Orleans - Mathieu and I had a discussion yesterday about the pending April 7th price increase for the GMPP extended warranties. He discovered better pricing than the business manager that I had call him offered. The Canadian pricing of the maintenance packages has already increased 13% and the US pricing of the GMPP warranties goes up 30% at the end of next week. Canadian price increases for GMPP have not been announced yet, but if your going to keep your car beyond the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty that it came with, now would be a good time to get a quote on an extended warranty. It's a lot cheaper than paying luxury tax on a new car that's for sure. Let me know if your interested.
Scott

Scott, is it expected that the April Canadian price increase will also apply to the Essential/Enhanced Maintenance Plans too or just the GMPP Extended Warranty as mentioned? Thanks
There has been no mention of a further increase to the Maintenance Plans beyond the recent 13% increase. It's possible those could also be increased again with less than one weeks notice as was the case last time.

I saw there were a few threads about extended warranty. Is there a go-to guy or dealership that offers a good price? Should probably get them to sponsor the forum and get us a member discount lol

I saw there were a few threads about extended warranty. Is there a go-to guy or dealership that offers a good price? Should probably get them to sponsor the forum and get us a member discount lol
I can set that up. Right now we have employee pricing available on extended warranties for those that want one before the price increase.

Scott I'm interested, but have a few questions (forgive my ignorance):
  • Is gmpp also bumper to bumper?
  • 7yrs / 60k total or that is on top of 3 year bumper to bumper?
  • There's a deductible? I've never heard of that for a car warranty
I went back to our conversation and you never said what your name was? GMPP is North America wide bumper to bumper extended warranty.
If your car breaks down anywhere away from Pickering you can take it to any GM dealer and you have full coverage on your car. It shows your covered when they input your VIN # in the GM computer. Happened to me in Naples, Florida when I went to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet after I noticed my Mobil 1 oil was down a bit, they put my VIN into the computer and everything about my car popped up, they just topped me up with oil for free and sent me on my way. No questions.
The 7 years is a 4 year extension to the base 36 month or 60,000 km bumper to bumper warranty that will be coming with your 2024 C8 and it is whichever comes first.
Many Corvette owners don't put 20,000 km per year on their cars, most are under 10K a year as most cars are stored for 4-5 months. If you average 8500 km per year, you will not hit 60,000 km until the end of your 7th season with your car. If you want 80,000 km coverage that's $300 more for the same 7 years.
A zero deductible is available. A small deductible is similar to car insurance as it reduces the cost.
The point of all of this today was to notify members that an up to 30% increase is coming on these extended warranties on April 7th. You have up until your 36th month with the car to buy an extended warranty if you want one, but the earlier you do the more inexpensive it is.
Let me know if you have any other questions, but warranties can be built to suit just about any situation if the dealer knows what works best for you.
Scott

I went back to our conversation and you never said what your name was? GMPP is North America wide bumper to bumper extended warranty.
If your car breaks down anywhere away from Pickering you can take it to any GM dealer and you have full coverage on your car. It shows your covered when they input your VIN # in the GM computer. Happened to me in Naples, Florida when I went to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet after I noticed my Mobil 1 oil was down a bit, they put my VIN into the computer and everything about my car popped up, they just topped me up with oil for free and sent me on my way. No questions.
The 7 years is a 4 year extension to the base 36 month or 60,000 km bumper to bumper warranty that will be coming with your 2024 C8 and it is whichever comes first.
Many Corvette owners don't put 20,000 km per year on their cars, most are under 10K a year as most cars are stored for 4-5 months. If you average 8500 km per year, you will not hit 60,000 km until the end of your 7th season with your car. If you want 80,000 km coverage that's $300 more for the same 7 years.
A zero deductible is available. A small deductible is similar to car insurance as it reduces the cost.
The point of all of this today was to notify members that an up to 30% increase is coming on these extended warranties on April 7th. You have up until your 36th month with the car to buy an extended warranty if you want one, but the earlier you do the more inexpensive it is.
Let me know if you have any other questions, but warranties can be built to suit just about any situation if the dealer knows what works best for you.
Scott
Hi Scott. This situation has created a bit of a dilemma for me as I have been considering the extended warranty but the ETA for my car is now April 12 and seeing how I wasn’t planning on paying for it until around May 1 so I can insure and register it prior to picking it up on May 5 I’m thinking I should pay for it now or at least prior to the warranty price increase to avoid what seems to be a $600 increase in the extended warranty. Any reason you can see why that couldn’t be done? Thanks.

Hi Scott. This situation has created a bit of a dilemma for me as I have been considering the extended warranty but the ETA for my car is now April 12 and seeing how I wasn’t planning on paying for it until around May 1 so I can insure and register it prior to picking it up on May 5 I’m thinking I should pay for it now or at least prior to the warranty price increase to avoid what seems to be a $600 increase in the extended warranty. Any reason you can see why that couldn’t be done? Thanks.
None, you just need your VIN # I believe. I can double check for you. I don't know if you have to have paid for your vehicle before you can buy an extended warranty.
Let me get back to you on that.

None, you just need your VIN # I believe. I can double check for you. I don't know if you have to have paid for your vehicle before you can buy an extended warranty.
Let me get back to you on that.
That was my thought about paying if you have the VIN but wasn’t sure about getting warranty for a vehicle you don’t own yet. Didn’t seem logical but I will wait to see what you can find out. Thanks again.

You should send Don an email. He was really helpful answering the hundreds of questions that I had :)
Thanks for the recommendation but I suppose I should contact my dealer but just saw about the increase today. I will be on it tomorrow. Saving $600 is nothing to sneeze at. I’ll see if they will offer employee discount and if not I’ll look elsewhere.

Thanks for the recommendation but I suppose I should contact my dealer but just saw about the increase today. I will be on it tomorrow. Saving $600 is nothing to sneeze at. I’ll see if they will offer employee discount and if not I’ll look elsewhere.
It's possible your dealer could price protect you now even if your still waiting on the car. Don Le is one of the contacts that I've met and have this price from.
Still going to check on your situation tomorrow. I have known about the 30% increase coming in the US for over a month now, but still no word on the exact increase
for Canada. If members are considering getting this, now is the time and that was my point of this thread.

It's possible your dealer could price protect you now even if your still waiting on the car. Don Le is one of the contacts that I've met and have this price from.
Still going to check on your situation tomorrow. I have known about the 30% increase coming in the US for over a month now, but still no word on the exact increase
for Canada. If members are considering getting this, now is the time and that was my point of this thread.
Now is the time indeed. I appreciate your help as always.