Status
Not open for further replies.
I recieve today a note from my dealer. My Stingray was out of production line since 29 January and i stand by in parking at Bowling Green, is now on the road for delivery. Very good news. :)
Hi CWO, has your car left bowling green and been shipped?
Is it coming by truck or rail? If you happen to know.
Thanks

Hi Rommel, Not confirm but as far as I read. It is ship by rail to Toronto and then either by rail or truck to Montréal.
I am in Southern Ontario and mine came on a truck direct from BG (last summer). I spoke to the driver and the load was going as far as Cobourg.

Attachments

• IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I assume it will be on the same train run. My dealer told me it should be at the dealer by April 6. So it should be about the same with you. You may ask your dealer, with the tracking he will be able to give you a feed back.

Reactions: rommel
I'm in the ottawa area so mine should be trucked then too which is good news.
They just have to start moving them out.
Don't want to damper your enthusiasm, but they may sit in the Ingersoll lot for a while. JCT drops them there for a Canadian transport company to complete the trip.

Yours will likely be a lot faster than mine, but my 'vette sat in the USA for something like six weeks waiting for transport to Western Canada.

The Great Lakes area cities seem much quicker though.
I recall @Mr.Corvette saying that units heading west go by rail. Which I think I would prefer, no flying rocks from highway traffic or salt spray etc . Just a thought.

Reactions: CWO and rommel
I recall @Mr.Corvette saying that units heading west go by rail. Which I think I would prefer, no flying rocks from highway traffic or salt spray etc . Just a thought.
Rail units have protective sides to them plus your car is wrapped in a bag. If I was waiting on a car to be shipped to Quebec, I would check with my dealer to find which route the last 2024 came by. Usually trucked to Toledo, Ohio rail yard and then sent by rail to Quebec from there.
Ontario cars come by JCT right through to Ottawa direct, but some dealerships have Ingersoll as a transfer point where cars are dropped in the yard there like Denis's car was for 2 weeks when I went to take photos of it, and then loaded by a different carrier to the final destination. I also know that this carrier takes loads to the Maritimes.
Last summer a members Z06 sat in Ingersoll for a month before being trucked to New Brunswick for those that remember that. The delay was finding a truck to go.
Has anyone who is waiting on a 2024 got confirmation from their dealer that the car is on the way showing up on the vin view map on the dealerships computer?
This would show that the car is actually moving.

Rail units have protective sides to them plus your car is wrapped in a bag. If I was waiting on a car to be shipped to Quebec, I would check with my dealer to find which route the last 2024 came by. Usually trucked to Toledo, Ohio rail yard and then sent by rail to Quebec from there.
Ontario cars come by JCT right through to Ottawa direct, but some dealerships have Ingersoll as a transfer point where cars are dropped in the yard there like Denis's car was for 2 weeks when I went to take photos of it, and then loaded by a different carrier to the final destination. I also know that this carrier takes loads to the Maritimes.
Last summer a members Z06 sat in Ingersoll for a month before being trucked to New Brunswick for those that remember that. The delay was finding a truck to go.
Has anyone who is waiting on a 2024 got confirmation from their dealer that the car is on the way showing up on the vin view map on the dealerships computer?
This man.
Thank agsin sir

Reactions: CWO
I'm going to do vin tracking with my dealer.
I have a vin.
Keep yous posted

Reactions: CWO and Murray20c8
Ontario cars come by JCT right through to Ottawa direct, but some dealerships have Ingersoll as a transfer point where cars are dropped in the yard there
I think there is no absolute method. Mine sat in Ingersoll for a couple of hours before being picked by a Canadian carrier to go to Brian Cullens, yet I know others went straight there with JCT. I also have seen cars being delivered to Uxbridge via JCT and an alternate carrier.
If, like I suspect, they actually do load cars with similar destinations then they might take them all to every dealer in Ontario or Quebec.

Reactions: CWO
Has it been established that vehicles are now moving across the border?

Reactions: rommel and CWO
Status
Not open for further replies.