I can't follow your dance steps Arthur Murray. Do you now have the plan?
LOL, Yes. Bought it from Don this morning. I think it's mileage related. I only have 27,000 km's. You likely have much more.

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
What I found out yesterday, is the price maximus got, was for maintenance only, oil changes etc. At that price he does not have extended warranty, for 7 years, like the first 3 years of the original warranty , everything like, switches, electronics, motor, etc. Unless he had bought it when he bought the car , of course. I inquired and it would of cost me around 3000$ for maintenance which covers everything that wears out like brake pads etc. I store my car 5 months out of every year and he recommended me, to not buy it. The way I drive and use my cars , more of a chance I break something than wear it out. ;)

What I found out yesterday, is the price maximus got, was for maintenance only, oil changes etc. At that price he does not have extended warranty, for 7 years, like the first 3 years of the original warranty , everything like, switches, electronics, motor, etc. Unless he had bought it when he bought the car , of course. I inquired and it would of cost me around 3000$ for maintenance which covers everything that wears out like brake pads etc. I store my car 5 months out of every year and he recommended me, to not buy it. The way I drive and use my cars , more of a chance I break something than wear it out. ;)
DCT canister service is $800.00. The fluid change is likely the same. In 6 years you will need to change the fluid twice and the canister might as well be changed then also. That is $3200 right there.

Reactions: Maximus74
DCT canister service is $800.00. The fluid change is likely the same. In 6 years you will need to change the fluid twice and the canister might as well be changed then also. That is $3200 right there.
I do get the first DCT oil and filter change for free at 12000 kms. Which I will get in November before storing the car. The next DCT is at 72 kms. I will get my first oil change this Tuesday for free. After that, once every year. Oil change once a year is what 250.00$

Last edited:
I do get the first DCT oil and filter change for free at 12000 kms. Which I will get in November before storing the car. The next DCT is at 72 kms. I will get my first oil change this Tuesday for free. After that, once every year. Oil change once a year is what 250.00$

They don't change the DCT fluid with the DCT canister at 12,000km. Your first DCT fluid change is at 3 years (on your own dime, of course)

They don't change the DCT fluid with the DCT canister at 12,000km. Your first DCT fluid change is at 3 years (on your own dime, of course)
Ok, so they change the filter and only top off the DCT oil? Still the oil does not need to be changed before 72 kms just the filter at 12 kms.

Yeah, $250 USD+ lol...

Correct, just top up the fluid at 12,000km. No DCT fluid change required before 3 years (unless you hit 72,000km, which I don't think many do)
I will worry about that in 2 years from now. I put in about 5 to 6000 kms a year. A new filter and top off and new motor oil change for free is a good deal , to start. By then neighborhood garages will offer for cheaper than GM.

I will worry about that in 2 years from now. I put in about 5 to 6000 kms a year. A new filter and top off and new motor oil change for free is a good deal , to start. By then neighborhood garages will offer for cheaper than GM.

Mr. Lube offer's good pricing, plus they have a program where they train graduating high school students for 20 minutes before they set them free on your car...

Mr. Lube offer's good pricing, plus they have a program where they train graduating high school students for 20 minutes before they set them free on your car...
Why do you think I never go to Canadian Tires for maintenance!? My local garage has a very experience crew and great prices and they price match.

whoa sorrrrrry. Price match? "yes we will be happy to match the Chevrolet Dealership, it means another $128 in our pockets"

Post up a link of your local garage. I might drive up to save some coin...
Nooooooooo , if I find cheaper than them , they will match. We all know dealerships charge way more for the same work. Not my first car. My first Bunny hopper, though.