Sep 2, 2014
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 Mag ride
Province
ON
Delivered today. Seems there is a hold-up on getting GM price protection sorted out, but in Owais we trust... still, it's like waiting at the dessert table when you are 5 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 49
I was tolds when I ordered mine in November that it is price protected that's why they wanted a deposit is there a loophole somewhere we don't know about?

I was tolds when I ordered mine in November that it is price protected that's why they wanted a deposit is there a loophole somewhere we don't know about?

I don't know all the details but it looks like the car arrives with an invoice based on current MSRP and the dealer then gets GM to do a price write-down to the price protected amount. I have no reason to doubt Owais, as he has been completely transparent so far and delivered as agreed, so I think it's just GM bureaucracy in the background.

I did a trade when I order mine they did up a vehicle purchase agreement stating what is owing. Hope that sticks mind you I did make some changes to order for it to go through which increase the cost by 3,500. Guess I will know by next week! Still pumped though the weather is warming up best time of year to get it!

I don't know all the details but it looks like the car arrives with an invoice based on current MSRP and the dealer then gets GM to do a price write-down to the price protected amount. I have no reason to doubt Owais, as he has been completely transparent so far and delivered as agreed, so I think it's just GM bureaucracy in the background.
What happens is the cars are always shipped with the current price.

When it arrives the dealer applies to gm to get the price protection credit. Then they prepare your final invoice, which will show on the top line the new higher price, but then there will be a discount applied which should bring the net price back to what was on your original contract.

This is what happened when I bought from Owais last year.

This Corvette has arrived and our service will be performing the PDI and cleanup today.

We are waiting for our rep at GM Canada to authorize the Price Protection discounts so we can apply them to the bill of sale as SmackYYZ indicated above. As soon as we have the needful we will be able to print the final bill of sale and get the licensing done.

We expect a delivery to be scheduled for early next week.

Congrats JB08! The wait is almost over!

Some great info here and thanks Owais and JB08. There were some last year that lost out on price protection they believed they were fully entitled too as they never knew the process, or how to approach the dealer who didn't seem to know anything about the price protection as well.

That's great news happy for you JB08!

Thanks 7th... Hope you get yours soon. The weather is cooling down for next week, but at this point it's a small detail in an otherwise good week.

Allflash... yes, still not at the finish line, but at least to this point in the process Owais has demonstrated nothing but transparency with what is otherwise a process that puts the customer at a great disadvantage.

Price Protection

My car arrived last Tuesday with a sticker price $4550 higher than the price when ordered. The dealer wrote up a new invoice showing the new price then put "Discounted" $4550 with the total below being the original order price. This should be done for anyone who ordered the car before the price increases.

Finally picked up the car tonight. :D
Proceed to stall it out the parking lot and generally feel like was learning to drive standard all over again. (That's one way sports cars make you feel young :rofl:)
By the end of the evening was giving the neighbours rides and I felt like pro... all I can say is that first impressions = WOW... the chassis is incredibly solid and well planted. I will upload pictures this weekend.

Also a big shout out to Owais who made it all happen and was very professional from start to finish... thanks for all your efforts. I also need to thank all the forum mates who've provide information throughout the last 9 months... yes it feels like we have a new family member... hope to meet some of you soon. :canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.