GM could have also had it their way and kept Stingray demand up by reducing its production, building a few more Z06 and introducing the E-Ray however they are delayed again.

Instead, Stingrays are now being ordered for stock inventory, loads are showing up at discounts in the U.S. and simply available here in Canada too. Big miss.

For Canada, the problem is now the massive price increase and the additional hit of the Luxury tax and then GST on both.
That has deflated the market for the car here and that is why dealers will actually need to start selling again instead of just taking orders.
There is no longer a waiting list for the Stingrays and the other models are now pricing themselves out of most peoples comfort zones.

• Agree
Reactions: cdnz and Blu427
2024 is a short production year, so most guys will be hit with a 2025 price increase or two...
I just hope for the sake of the people waiting for the E-Ray that the company doesn't hit Canada with another price increase before this model comes out.
They usually do have a mid model year price increase but we've been hit hard enough already.

Reactions: ScottyR
I suspect if your placing a new order for an ERay it will still be MSRP, but if one is stock for some strange reason (someone backed out ) then quite possibly a discount might be had.
Does anyone think they will pull over list as a resale like the z06 did? Such a crap shoot with so much up in the air with regards to the economy.

I suspect if your placing a new order for an ERay it will still be MSRP, but if one is stock for some strange reason (someone backed out ) then quite possibly a discount might be had.
Does anyone think they will pull over list as a resale like the z06 did? Such a crap shoot with so much up in the air with regards to the economy.
For the first year or two they will pull over list as a used unit due to the limited supply of E-Rays available in Canada. One clown who is supposed to get one already put an ad up on the auto trader from Stoney Creek for 100K over and it was quickly removed as he won't be getting the car now.

For the first year or two they will pull over list as a used unit due to the limited supply of E-Rays available in Canada. One clown who is supposed to get one already put an ad up on the auto trader from Stoney Creek for 100K over and it was quickly removed as he won't be getting the car now.
That also happened to a guy from the east end that tried it a few weeks ago on his Z06. Dummies

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
I just received a E-Ray allocation from my dealer, Murray Chevrolet, in Manitoba!!! I will be meeting to start the paperwork tomorrow. I have had a deposit on this for almost three years.
Make SURE you get a copy of the final Workbench order that is placed so you can check your order for accuracy!! That dealership forgot Magnetic Ride Control on Christians car there and they offered next to nothing for compensation!

Make SURE you get a copy of the final Workbench order that is placed so you can check your order for accuracy!! That dealership forgot Magnetic Ride Control on Christians car there and they offered next to nothing for compensation!
Excellent point Scott. Reviewing that workbench order and retaining a copy protects you from GM factory making a mistake and charging you for the error. In my case the factory changed the wheels and added the cost to my bill. Dealer submitted the order correctly but since it was documented I did not pay extra.