Cam, as was the case 25 years ago the District Managers from Oshawa are saying today that the roll out of the E-Ray is going to be slow for Canada.
They still look at the Corvette as being a low volume product and being a small piece of the overall business, hence no effort or attention is given to the product.
My thoughts are by the time they get around to building some E-Rays for Canada we will be touching winter, hence the slow roll out for Canada.

Next time you speak to the District Managers in Oshawa, tell them that Jack has been driving his 2020 C8 24/7/365 since delivery and would be honoured to be Brand Ambassador. Photos to prove, no speculation or false promises...

Next time you speak to the District Managers in Oshawa, tell them that Jack has been driving his 2020 C8 24/7/365 since delivery and would be honoured to be Brand Ambassador. Photos to prove, no speculation or false promises...
Sorry Jack, they gave that job to Ron Fellows, but certainly if I can get them to discuss Corvette as it barely shows up on their radar, I could mention it!:)

Depends on the demands. From what I hear they want a 4 day work week. That might just be a bargaining ploy, but things like that can get really sticky. I was referring to monetary gains. Strike pay helps but there is only so much in that kitty. I've been retired for too long now, but as I recall losing 2 weeks pay = about 3.8% of your yearly salary. So 6 weeks you lose about 11% of your yearly salary with a 6 week strike. That's a lot of cash!
Correct, so a 13 week strike could be about a quarter of the union workers yearly salary. If they want to go to a 32 hour work week plus get a 40% raise as well as other demands, don't tell anyone but I am hearing zero E-Ray allocations for Canada in 2023. I have just reached out to one of my contacts inside the Bowling Green plant to see how the strike vote went internally on Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Correct, so a 13 week strike could be about a quarter of the union workers yearly salary. If they want to go to a 32 hour work week plus get a 40% raise as well as other demands, don't tell anyone but I am hearing zero E-Ray allocations for Canada in 2023. I have just reached out to one of my contacts inside the Bowling Green plant to see how the strike vote went internally on Monday.
They want a 32 hours work week or 4 days as in 4 x 10 hours?

4x 10 actually bumps productivity with one less startup/ shutdown in the week and helps employee retention with long weekends every weekend.

4x 10 actually bumps productivity with one less startup/ shutdown in the week and helps employee retention with long weekends every weekend.
Fridays off so a 8X4 day work week equals 32 hours, plus a 40% raise. That's going to go over like a lead balloon with GM negotiators.

From what I'm told 2 shifts can't run at 10 hour shifts.

Fridays off so a 8X4 day work week equals 32 hours, plus a 40% raise. That's going to go over like a lead balloon with GM negotiators.
Bargained at a few tables and hopefully it’s just the regular song and dance.

Both sides start with ridiculous stuff just because that’s tradition and then meet in the middle.

Don’t take too much time as Murray said on strike pay to negate any gains you make at the table.

It will all get sorted out; too much money at stake for both the workers and the company.

What the what? None?

You'd think they knew Cam was planning on winter driving and exploit it's virtues on YouTube

What the what? None?

You'd think they knew Cam was planning on winter driving and exploit it's virtues on YouTube
Cam, perhaps they got wind you were planning on driving yours in the winter and they said "no soup for you!"

The previous UAW strike in 2019 lasted 40 days and it delayed the launch of the C8 Corvette for several months. Now we are looking at a repeat as the 2024 model year Corvettes are supposed to start production the same week that the existing contract ends.

Has UAW designated GM as their target? They usually choose one of the
big three to strike at and then settle quickly at the remaining two manufacturers.
Blu, this time they are targeting all 3 at the same time.

• Informative
Having just watched the Carlisle Corvette Talk video with Josh, Harlan and Tadge it appears as though the UAW strike is the limiting factor for the E-Ray release. GM likely planned the media driving videos to be released after the strike for very good reason so that folks aren't putting undue pressure on GM during. Tadges comments on the UAW strike seemed very well planned in that they aren't worried as in almost sending a message that "meh its what it is..."

1st E-Ray allocations should coming Sept regardless of the strike as GM needs to fill the order bank to start planning for production.
And I don't believe clerical staff are part of the union are they?