What time do you go to bed? 7 o'clock?? :D

Being a shift worker I don't always sleep real well; even on my days off. I can relate Doug. :(

depending on how hard i have worked and how bad my joints are i usually turn in around 9:30 or 10, if i'm occupied by something maybe 11 - 11:30. if the poor ol' joints are singin' from a lot of ladder work it's 8:30. back when i was in the litho trade i worked steady afternoons for about 5 years, i loved it. did four tens, from 1pm-3am, got a 10% shift premium and a long weekend every weekend. the afternoon shift consistently out performed the day shift because the supervisors were'nt there to screw around with scheduling. :rofl: you're in litho are'nt you greg ? you'll know what i mean. :D

Another old retired shift worker here. I also have a hard time sleeping in. Normally up by 5am anyway. Most days around 3 pm I can't keep my eyes open. I actually kind of like to have two or three sleeps a day, at least in the winter. Some of the winter days seem mighty long.

hahaha, brian.......it's called hibernation. imagine someone suggesting that when we were 20 :rofl: it seems when we get to a certain age we get our hiber-nation citizenship. :D

That's for sure Doug. I used to love winter, at one point in my life I was a very avid snowmobiler.....(Too dam much government crap in that now)(not to mention the cost of a machine)
Winter for me now is doing all the jobs that Jane can think of. Paint this; lay down some new floors, make be a new what ever. She likes to try and keep me busy. But I still find time to nap, sometimes out in the garage sitting in "Old Yellar" dreaming of spring.

Come on guys -- We're sounding like a bunch of old Grand-dads........:rolleyes:

Don't forget: "there's 'snow' on the roof, but still 'fire' in the furnace".

That afternoon nap sure is nice tho... and these 'vettes help us stay young (at heart)..... :D

(Grand-dad) Colin.

I always tell people that, "Our Corvette idles like a Grandpa car. Then again, I am a Grandpa 6 times over so it's ok." I think it is rather nice being a cool Grandpa. How many school kids can tell their buddies that they go for rides in Grandpa's CORVETTE. Back in the '80s, when our kids brought friends home, they were amazed that Dale and I had motorcycles. It's these cars that keep us young mentally and they help us forget our aches and pains when driving. When I get into the Corvette, I always say that I am 23 again. That's how old I was when I bought the COPO Chevelle. We're just a bunch of old kids....with a few aches and pains, and that is good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.