1000021096.jpg

Murray I just did a quick search and numerous hits said it’s not…….more about a persons privacy..

Murray you and I are flying at different altitudes…….ha ha

I should have been more clear in my question……In fact I’m quite aware that certain covers that hide the characters of a license plate are illegal……we’re on the same page there…..what I was enquiring is why do posters hide or cover (blur) the characters of their license plate when posting pictures of their car?

I was trying to be somewhat humorous, because I believe that they do this to try and protect their privacy so as not to disclose the location of their prized car. However in a recent post of a beautiful new orange C-8 the owner forgot to hide his home address……….

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller

I should have been more clear in my question……In fact I’m quite aware that certain covers that hide the characters of a license plate are illegal……we’re on the same page there…..what I was enquiring is why do posters hide or cover (blur) the characters of their license plate when posting pictures of their car?

I was trying to be somewhat humorous, because I believe that they do this to try and protect their privacy so as not to disclose the location of their prized car. However in a recent post of a beautiful new orange C-8 the owner forgot to hide his home address……….

I guess we all know where he will be sleeping tonight.

LOL, OK, well call me thick! ;)
I don't know why. Like you said privacy I guess. The more information they have the easier it would be to steal identity.

It's the law in Ontario.

Section 13(2) of the HTA​

Entire plate not plainly visible​

Set Fine: $85.00​

Total Payable: $110.00​

Demerit Points: 0​

Every number plate shall be kept free from dirt and obstruction and shall be affixed so that the entire number plate, including the numbers, is plainly visible at all times, and the view of the number plate shall not be obscured or obstructed by spare tires, bumper bars, any part of the vehicle, any attachments to the vehicle or the load carried

LOL, OK, well call me thick! ;)
I don't know why. Like you said privacy I guess. The more information they have the easier it would be to steal identity.

So true ... but dont we all drive around with our plates fully exposed for all the world to see ... call me crazy but I think I would trust the people on this forum more than those on the street ;)

My wife always tells me that when random people take pics of my C8 ... oh dont let them get the plate ... and I'm like ... why ?;)

Heres is the frame that I have ...... Got it from Corvette Mods ... not too wild but follows the body lines of the opening ... and its in Carbon Flash

Didnt make much of an effort to cover the plate ... whats even worse ... My C8 is featured in HRE Wheels gallary for the P 107 SCs and yup the plate is visible

Dam I'm in trouble now ;)

Attachments

• Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 0
Heres is the frame that I have ...... Got it from Corvette Mods ... not too wild but follows the body lines of the opening ... and its in Carbon Flash

Didnt make much of an effort to cover the plate ... whats even worse ... My C8 is featured in HRE Wheels gallary for the P 107 SCs and yup the plate is visible

Dam I'm in trouble now ;)
I like the license plate frame, as you stated it follows the lines of the car……nice!

I give up though. What’s T1 stand for?

Reactions: Vettenut