Feb 25, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
24’ C8 Corvette 2LT
Province
BC
Hey!

I’m needing to order a front and rear license plate frame ideally gloss black.

There are tons on Amazon but not sure if they are cheap. Most reviews say they are good. I don’t want something that will eventually rust. Anyone have any recommendations with links?

Thanks!

I order this one from Amazon, and am very happy with it. Looks great, very solid ... and didnt break the bank ;)

Link to Plate on Amazon.ca

plate1.jpg

Also to note: I painted the heads of the screws black to match ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobravenomous
I order this one from Amazon, and am very happy with it. Looks great, very solid ... and didnt break the bank ;)

Link to Plate on Amazon.ca

View attachment 123640

Also to note: I painted the heads of the screws black to match ....
That is a nice one.
Mine is just a thin black frame, with a clear cover over it.
Available at Canadian Tire for anyone interested.

Plate.jpg

For me , what sold me on the one I posted above is that the bottom License plate holes are covered up and no longer an eyesore.
The do look good and no offense intended, but that's pretty anal.
BTW, do they cover any part of the words on the plate? It's illegal for that in Ontario.

Yes, that is nice.
I liked the plastic cover.
As with all things Corvette - each to their own.
All the ones I saw at C.T. were hard plastic. I already had covers. If I had to choose I'd still get the silicone ones from Amazon and buy the covers separately.

They do look good and no offense intended, but that's pretty anal.
I’m a Corvette owner and I’m anal……..aren’t all Corvette owners somewhat anal? (anal = particular!)

I bought a carbon fibre license plate frame from the Corvette Store……. there’s lots to choose from…….

Reactions: Murray20c8
I’m a Corvette owner and I’m anal……..aren’t all Corvette owners somewhat anal? (anal = particular!)

I bought a carbon fibre license plate frame from the Corvette Store……. there’s lots to choose from…….

Most of those are illegal in Ontario because the cover the lower message. Not that cops target them, but they could tack one on if they pull you over for other things. I prefer to not taunt the cops. I'm bad enough with speeding! lol

Most of those are illegal in Ontario because the cover the lower message. Not that cops target them, but they could tack one on if they pull you over for other things. I prefer to not taunt the cops. I'm bad enough with speeding! lol
Other than cutting off the bottom of the crown on the bottom right, I think I’m okay!

As to being pulled over for speeding, I’m terrified of quick acceleration now that they reduced the stunt driving charge to 40km/h over in areas below a posted 80km/h speed limit. I’m truly a rules follower so I respect speed limits, but I love the quick acceleration feeling, and after a quick shot I immediately brake to the speed limit, however if I do that in town, just to get that acceleration rush, 90 km/h comes up too quickly…….there goes the car for two weeks, plus points, a fine and increased insurance…….

I got pulled over last summer in town by an unmarked black Dodge Ram pickup. He said he pulled me over for noise. I had my exhaust note on “track”. I told him it was factory exhaust. He said I know, but I also know you can adjust it quieter. Must have been an enthusiast….ha ha

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Murray20c8