To answer just the question, I isolate the tire from the cold/frozen concrete mass in unheated storage. Found this real easy solution at home depot and they work like a dream for parking on. Just right to give the separation that is needed … one under each tire … no fuss
Side note: The product is awesome for its purpose in basements too. 😁👍🏻
I have already hibernated my corvettes, i am somewhere else (enjoying fresh atlantic seafood) until at least thanksgiving.
View attachment 100113
View attachment 100114
I use those to build a floor under the complete car, not just the tires.

I have been away from home working all summer and still have 2 months to go before this job is finished, by then it will be time to put it away for the winter...maybe next year i will get more seat time.
Work is over rated😂

I have stored vehicles for winter for 50 years, including 1 vehicle for 44 years.
1. Use fuel stabilizer such as Stabil.
2. If less than the suggested oil change interval, pre-storage is a good time for the once a year oil change.
3. I don't use a battery maintainer, I remove negative lead. Reattach in the spring and use smartcharger for a day.
4. Cover.

That's it. Never had flat spot, tires last average, suspension does not sag, engine does not seize.

I have stored vehicles for winter for 50 years, including 1 vehicle for 44 years.
1. Use fuel stabilizer such as Stabil.
2. If less than the suggested oil change interval, pre-storage is a good time for the once a year oil change.
3. I don't use a battery maintainer, I remove negative lead. Reattach in the spring and use smartcharger for a day.
4. Cover.

That's it. Never had flat spot, tires last average, suspension does not sag, engine does not seize.
I do pretty much the same: change oil October, pump tires up 5 psi, battery maintainer, fuel stabilizer. That's it. 5 corvettes one shelby gt 500 later - no problems.

Reactions: Noreplacement
A serious question, why not drive it during winters on days when the roads are clean (hasn’t snowed in a week and no salt left on the ground). Yes, not many such days in Ontario but I think it should be possible 3-4 times between Dec and March.
Many forum members do use their C8 all years- several threads with pics- just need good winter tires.

A serious question, why not drive it during winters on days when the roads are clean (hasn’t snowed in a week and no salt left on the ground). Yes, not many such days in Ontario but I think it should be possible 3-4 times between Dec and March.
In the middle of the winter months, it can 'not snow' for a week or 2', and you think there is not salt left on the road??? Unless it rains for multiple days in a row, there is no way of getting the salt off the highways.....I would never drive my Vette on a road once the salt has been put on it...Crazy, that's what SUV's are for....

In the middle of the winter months, it can 'not snow' for a week or 2', and you think there is not salt left on the road??? Unless it rains for multiple days in a row, there is no way of getting the salt off the highways.....I would never drive my Vette on a road once the salt has been put on it...Crazy, that's what SUV's are for....
The car is almost all aluminum so salt won’t hurt it.

My first year I drove year round, however, now some of the excitement has worn off I will store from Nov to April. Driving 4 times in 4 months is quite expensive for insurance. Plus the slop/salt/mush on the streets would mean another wash after each drive that may not be possible (frozen?)

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Looking for recommendation. Should I park my Vette on anything over the winter like carpet or some sort of foam pads.
From my prospective, I think it is a good idea. I found some small matts at Canadian Tire for $6 each. Sort of a bubble poly on the bottom and a vinyl surface. Perfect size for my 4 tires C 2008 Vette. No flat spots next spring for me.

Moth ball packets are good for mice issues. I put four packets around each wheel and one in each exhaust tip. Also be sure to keep straps from car covers off of the ground as they can be used for the mice to scoot up on. Haven't had any mice issues ever.

Reviving an old thread on a rainy day...
I purchased a horse farm years ago and with it came a fully rubberized floor for the horses. Over the years I changed out or re-purposed the barn for tractors etc. I left the rubber floors where tractors were to mitigate moisture around tractors and implements. Well one of the things I made sure I did was take rubber mats which are 5 feet x 7 feet in size. 3/4 inch thick. I put 4 of these ( 2 wide x 2 long ) under my summer cars in the heated house garage. I find by parking on the rubber mats I end up with zero issues on flat spotting and no moisture at all on underside of cars. Simply a very cost effective solution. Also ensures after washing outside, when moved inside water drains away and does not stay under car. Here are the mats... just a thought for others to consider. They will outlast me, and are about 80 bucks a piece?. Exceptionally heavy be forewarned, approx 100 lbs each. Mine are all textured leaving air flow and water drains built in. Cool option and for me no need to epoxy floor. Paint never lifts off rubber mats.... lol

Check your local feed type store.
Example: Summit Rubber

Attachments

• 20230807_105634.jpg
    20230807_105634.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230807_105643.jpg
    20230807_105643.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13