Looking for recommendation. Should I park my Vette on anything over the winter like carpet or some sort of foam pad
There's been lots of discussion here over the years regarding flatspotting occurring on tires of stored vehicles. So-called experts even have differing opinions on vehicle storage. My first Vette, I had never even thought of tire flat spots and did nothing and never felt any bumpidybumps after 6 months of storage on a concrete floor. Then all of a sudden, I found CCF and discussions ensued. My jury is still out on the subject but as a safeguard, I built 2" x 2" frames and inserted 2" thick styrofoam in them to park on and bump my air pressure up to about 40 Psi (275 kilopascals). Some use rubber mats, some use carpet, some don't worry about it. Here's a pic of mine. Easy and cheap to build. I fastened a wood ramp on each of them and glued rubber to the bottoms to keep them from sliding when you drive on.

1691631926907.png

I put fuel stabilizer in gas tank. Pump tires to 40 psi. That is it. 5th corvette . Never a problem with tires. Ditto my Shelby GT500. I start the car every month or so. Of course plug in battery maintainer.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well….

Fuel as you prefer (I do full fill of non-ethanol)
Fuel stabilizer
Change oil
Wash car and detail
Park car on preferred surface (I use foam pads)
Plug in battery tender
Dress it up in it’s winter pj’s. (your favourite car cover)
Walk away until spring
Post on CCF how your storage method is best

Why are we talking about winter storage in August?

Last edited: