Well its Dec 25, its sunny and +11 degrees C, so its still top down Corvette weather

FINAL RBG BLUE CAR.jpg

Good looking picture. Yes it is mild here, but with a little rain, and the fog is rolling in. You must have taken the picture earlier today. I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: DenisC8
Wife and I went for a small cruise down the Niagara Parkway today and stopped at a small Chinese food restaurant in Fort Erie for a bite to eat. I was able to park the baby where I could keep an eye on it. The picture is from inside the restaurant and through a window so its not my lack of photographic skills that it is not that clear. Btw, the food is really good at this restaurant, and the view speaks for itself. Have a great day everyone and I hope you enjoy the eclipse tomorrow if you are in an area to see it.

Attachments

• 20240407_152152.jpg
    20240407_152152.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_152208.jpg
    20240407_152208.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Wife and I went for a small cruise down the Niagara Parkway today and stopped at a small Chinese food restaurant in Fort Erie for a bite to eat. I was able to park the baby where I could keep an eye on it. The picture is from inside the restaurant and through a window so its not my lack of photographic skills that it is not that clear. Btw, the food is really good at this restaurant, and the view speaks for itself. Have a great day everyone and I hope you enjoy the eclipse tomorrow if you are in an area to see it.
All of Canada will see at least a partial eclipse... If we can see the sun of course. Good Chinese food is hard to find. Great view and great parking spot. I have always tried to park my Vettes where I could see them as well. Was in a restaurant one time when a man and woman walked out and past my Vette. She got close and reached her hand out to touch the hood and just before she reached it I pushed the horn button on the remote.... Scared the hell out of her.... Priceless.... lol...

What was the name or address off the restaurant?

GM needs to adopt binoculars as an option.
Notice how the more expensive these cars get, the further away from the entrance door they are parked?

The name of the restaurant is Ming Teh, 126 Niagara Blvd. which is the Niagara Parkway, Fort Erie. This is a beautiful drive right from Niagara on the Lake to Fort Erie right beside the Niagara river. I am sure Denis is very familiar with this route. There is currently some construction around Netherby Rd. which requires a detour, but that is supposed to be completed in a few weeks..
Once again to prove the Corvette world is small. When we went into the restaurant about 4:00 pm only 2 other tables were occupied and the man at one of the tables started asking me about the car and he made reference to the fact that he has a Corvette and he saw one of the new ones and it was about $85 - 90k. I had no response to that, but then it became evident that he was an American and he is talking US prices. Even the Americans come across the border for this restaurant.
He went on that he was getting antsy about getting his car out once the salt was cleaned up. If he was from Buffalo then I can understand that because their winters are a lot worse than in St. Catharines. He then went on to make a couple of more comments about going to Corvettes at Carlisle again and that he was looking forward to having a break from his wife of 53 years. I said she is probably looking forward to the break more than him, that brought forth some laughter and the nodding of the wife's head. Once again, this is more proof that in general, us Corvette owners are not spring chickens.
The picture is actually taken from inside the restaurant, there is no patio, but they do have large windows giving you a panoramic view of the Niagara river.
Yes, the Vaticano is just down the street a little.

Last edited:
The name of the restaurant is Ming Teh, 126 Niagara Blvd. which is the Niagara Parkway, Fort Erie. This is a beautiful drive right from Niagara on the Lake to Fort Erie right beside the Niagara river. I am sure Denis is very familiar with this route. There is currently some construction around Netherby Rd. which requires a detour, but that is supposed to be completed in a few weeks..
Once again to prove the Corvette world is small. When we went into the restaurant about 4:00 pm only 2 other tables were occupied and the man at one of the tables started asking me about the car and he made reference to the fact that he has a Corvette and he saw one of the new ones and it was about $85 - 90k. I had no response to that, but then it became evident that he was an American and he is talking US prices. Even the Americans come across the border for this restaurant.
He went on that he was getting antsy about getting his car out once the salt was cleaned up. If he was from Buffalo then I can understand that because their winters are a lot worse than in St. Catharines. He then went on to make a couple of more comments about going to Corvettes at Carlisle again and that he was looking forward to having a break from his wife of 53 years. I said she is probably looking forward to the break more than him, that brought forth some laughter and the nodding of the wife's head. Once again, this is more proof that in general, us Corvette owners are not spring chickens.
The picture is actually taken from inside the restaurant, there is no patio, but they do have large windows giving you a panoramic view of the Niagara river.
Yes, the Vaticano is just down the street a little.
Ian, it sounds like a great place to go after one of Denis's cruises!

Hi Scott, it's probably worth considering. Off topic a little I just received a link to a video of my car when the detailer had finished with it. He is the son of the salesman that I bought the car from at Cullen's. Ironically I still had not seen my car as of yet when he did the video. I still have the pictures you sent to me when you also had a chance to see it before I did, lol. It arrived at Cullen's on Jan. 19th and I didn't pick it up until Feb. 2nd.

Artistic license with the 69? Also, he only had a short period of time from when he finished the car and I was to pick it up to make the video. It was the end of Jan and there was probably a shortage of sunny days.,

Last edited: