Ya there are things that are added by the dealer on arrival but certainly not front lift or back exhaust tips or different colour interior for example. I am not concerned about the deposit due to the fact that they are a well regarded large dealership who up to this point have been very upfront about everything. They seem to have a good reputation which I’m sure is important to them. Mistakes do happen .
I am hoping that on Monday having looked at the situation, and I do have the email trail, that they will offer to submit the proper order using one of their available allocations . I in all fairness would not have been able to pick up the vehicle until the end of April at the earliest due to 62.4 degrees north latitude, lol . With any luck it will work out but at the same time I felt lucky having avoided any UAW issues. So who knows. Considering the fairly large chunk of cash involved like most I would like to have the vehicle I specified. Fingers crossed , again.
Having heard/read a few similar stories of dealers screwing up someone's order, this kind of error is still hard to fathom, considering the cost of these things, and dealer reputations, to say the least. But I knew it was possible before I got my allocation.
I was lucky enough to live within a few miles of my dealership, and actually went and sat down with my guy when he called to say we were up. We reaffirmed/rebuilt my preferred vehicle and options in person, and then waited while he printed it. Went over it again, and confirmed everything, and watched while he submitted the order, status 2000. A few days later it went to 3000. Done deal. I hope we got it right.
I can't imagine how much stress this recent revelation has added to your weekend.
Hope it all works out. :Cheers2:

Reactions: 1st Vette
Having heard/read a few similar stories of dealers screwing up someone's order, this kind of error is still hard to fathom, considering the cost of these things, and dealer reputations, to say the least. But I knew it was possible before I got my allocation.
I was lucky enough to live within a few miles of my dealership, and actually went and sat down with my guy when he called to say we were up. We reaffirmed/rebuilt my preferred vehicle and options in person, and then waited while he printed it. Went over it again, and confirmed everything, and watched while he submitted the order, status 2000. A few days later it went to 3000. Done deal. I hope we got it right.
I can't imagine how much stress this recent revelation has added to your weekend.
Hope it all works out. :Cheers2:
Thank you, l really appreciate that. I’m 1500 km away from my dealer. But still… modern communication technology. Pray for me, lol .

Reactions: MKC8
Thank you, l really appreciate that. I’m 1500 km away from my dealer. But still… modern communication technology. Pray for me, lol .
Can’t drive it in winter (well you can but probably won’t, with snow banks like we have as well) so might as well get the car you really want.

I get the 1500km distance thing, and was in a bit of a miscommunications mini-debacle early on with my dealer guy.
Using just email, some seemingly innocuous back and forth, and we got some wires crossed, and eventually it got sorted out, but not before I expressed my dissatisfaction with his performance, and the hard feelings that it created.

Can’t drive it in winter (well you can but probably won’t, with snow banks like we have as well) so might as well get the car you really want.
Not sure how it would like-45c . Even the elusive Dexos 2/r/whatever probably wouldn’t like it either. No salt on the roads here thankfully, too cold for it to work. The City just lets the snow pack down hard, sometimes over a foot thick, and then twice a year at night come around with graders and front end loaders and take it to the pavement. Pretty good system for this climate actually.

I get the 1500km distance thing, and was in a bit of a miscommunications mini-debacle early on with my dealer guy.
Using just email, some seemingly innocuous back and forth, and we got some wires crossed, and eventually it got sorted out, but not before I expressed my dissatisfaction with his performance, and the hard feelings that it created.
Ouch .

So I guess this sort of thing just didn't happen to me. I was in Nevada when my order was entered and my dealer didn't send me a copy of the order he submitted to confirm it was entered into the system correctly. Northgate should have done this with you as well, so you could sign off on what they put into the system with your allocation. Clearly they didn't update your initial order to make sure your final order was correct. The good news is, Northgate was #9 in Canada and will have multiple allocations between now and April. Ask to re-order. What they ordered for you isn't close to what you asked for. It's a completely different car. Wrong colour, wrong options, a completely different look and the safety of front lift for your area. The black exhaust tips on the performance exhaust cannot be added by ordering through parts. You have the time, I would ask that over the winter they order what you asked for and next time they send you a copy of the print out they get confirming what was ordered and send it to you so you can sign off on it so this doesn't happen again.

Ya there are things that are added by the dealer on arrival but certainly not front lift or back exhaust tips or different colour interior for example. I am not concerned about the deposit due to the fact that they are a well regarded large dealership who up to this point have been very upfront about everything. They seem to have a good reputation which I’m sure is important to them. Mistakes do happen .
I am hoping that on Monday having looked at the situation, and I do have the email trail, that they will offer to submit the proper order using one of their available allocations . I in all fairness would not have been able to pick up the vehicle until the end of April at the earliest due to 62.4 degrees north latitude, lol . With any luck it will work out but at the same time I felt lucky having avoided any UAW issues. So who knows. Considering the fairly large chunk of cash involved like most I would like to have the vehicle I specified. Fingers crossed , again.
I hope it works out for you. I'm glad I went with Cullen. I signed paperwork with my config on it before the order was matched with the allocation. You could have done the same through email and pdf's. Then there is a lesser chance of a mistake. Anyway, you could likely live without the lift and the vanity tips (Drive the car, the tips will get black ;) ) No, you can't change the interior but it sounds like you wanted it at some point. Anyway, I think you should be prepared to take it, go to the end of the list or walk away if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't.

Last edited:
I hope it works out for you. I'm glad I went with Cullen. I signed paperwork with my config on it before the order was matched with the allocation. You could have done the same through email and pdf's. Then there is a lesser chance of a mistake. Anyway, you could likely live without the lift and the vanity tips (Drive the car, the tips will get black ;) ) No, you can't change the interior but it sounds like you wanted it at some point. Anyway, I think you should be prepared to take it, go to the end of the list or walk away if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't.
I did send them a link to my saved build on GM’s build and price site. I sent one and then a revision indicating that was the second and final version. He acknowledged that and also acknowledged that he had submitted the revised build version to GM . If you saw some of the driving conditions we can encounter you would understand the lift . As for the “ vanity tips “ , I have never been a big fan of bling/chrome. With the exterior colour I much prefer the appearance of the black tips as they blend in better lMHO .
Northgate contacted me first thing this morning and apologized for the situation and explained the exchanges that they had with the order department at GM and that the issue may have been that the build was changed to a 2024 from 2023 as it was now August and I felt if I won’t get to use it till May 2024 , why not. He also said that this was by no means an excuse and that he would do whatever it takes to make it right. Can’t ask for much more than that. As they say, excrement happens. So the current situation is what prompted my original question about the seats as my first choice was GT1 and GT2 on the revised version.

I did send them a link to my saved build on GM’s build and price site. I sent one and then a revision indicating that was the second and final version. He acknowledged that and also acknowledged that he had submitted the revised build version to GM . If you saw some of the driving conditions we can encounter you would understand the lift . As for the “ vanity tips “ , I have never been a big fan of bling/chrome. With the exterior colour I much prefer the appearance of the black tips as they blend in better lMHO .
Northgate contacted me first thing this morning and apologized for the situation and explained the exchanges that they had with the order department at GM and that the issue may have been that the build was changed to a 2024 from 2023 as it was now August and I felt if I won’t get to use it till May 2024 , why not. He also said that this was by no means an excuse and that he would do whatever it takes to make it right. Can’t ask for much more than that. As they say, excrement happens. So the current situation is what prompted my original question about the seats as my first choice was GT1 and GT2 on the revised version.
The tips on the SR are not shiny, but what I meant was IF you can live with your original choices you might want to take them.
One thing. An order can not be changed to a 24 from a 23. It requires the order to be deleted AFAIK. Perhaps @Mr.Corvette could confirm or deny that. Anyway, the error was likely when they created the new order as a 24. They must have used old paperwork and didn't use the order as it sat in Workbench.
As to the seats. That is purely a cosmetic choice. They sit and feel identical. I prefer the look of the GT2, but chose the GT1 for monetary reasons. They look fine in the car.
So it seems you want the order you finished with. Make sure they send you the order as it sits in Workbench LONG before the allocation is assigned! This is good advice for anyone!

So I guess this sort of thing just didn't happen to me. I was in Nevada when my order was entered and my dealer didn't send me a copy of the order he submitted to confirm it was entered into the system correctly. Northgate should have done this with you as well, so you could sign off on what they put into the system with your allocation. Clearly they didn't update your initial order to make sure your final order was correct. The good news is, Northgate was #9 in Canada and will have multiple allocations between now and April. Ask to re-order. What they ordered for you isn't close to what you asked for. It's a completely different car. Wrong colour, wrong options, a completely different look and the safety of front lift for your area. The black exhaust tips on the performance exhaust cannot be added by ordering through parts. You have the time, I would ask that over the winter they order what you asked for and next time they send you a copy of the print out they get confirming what was ordered and send it to you so you can sign off on it so this doesn't happen again.
They contacted me first thing this morning and apologized and said they will do whatever it takes to make it right , can’t ask for much more than that. The Gods know we all make mistakes and no doubt will again, lol . I understand about the tips obviously although a number of things are dealer installed, some spoilers for example. And yes they are a pretty high volume dealer fortunately which is one of the reasons I chose them as well as their good reputation. This is so much more involved than buying a new toaster oven, lol .

They contacted me first thing this morning and apologized and said they will do whatever it takes to make it right , can’t ask for much more than that. The Gods know we all make mistakes and no doubt will again, lol . I understand about the tips obviously although a number of things are dealer installed, some spoilers for example. And yes they are a pretty high volume dealer fortunately which is one of the reasons I chose them as well as their good reputation. This is so much more involved than buying a new toaster oven, lol .
Have you ever bought a $100,000 toaster oven before?… It can be quite challenging

The tips on the SR are not shiny, but what I meant was IF you can live with your original choices you might want to take them.
One thing. An order can not be changed to a 24 from a 23. It requires the order to be deleted AFAIK. Perhaps @Mr.Corvette could confirm or deny that. Anyway, the error was likely when they created the new order as a 24. They must have used old paperwork and didn't use the order as it sat in Workbench.
As to the seats. That is purely a cosmetic choice. They sit and feel identical. I prefer the look of the GT2, but chose the GT1 for monetary reasons. They look fine in the car.
So it seems you want the order you finished with. Make sure they send you the order as it sits in Workbench LONG before the allocation is assigned! This is good advice for anyone!
Yes , my understanding is that the problem occurred when the new order was created. And the old paperwork was unfortunately used . As for the seats I do prefer the appearance of the GT2‘s more than the GT1’s but as you say, the monetary aspect is questionable for a different headrest. Seems excessive at $2,100 , to say the least. This auto correct is far too aggressive! Thanks for the input Murray .

Reactions: Murray20c8 and MKC8
In support of "can't change a 23 to a 24", I had to work with the dealer (in person) to completely re-enter all the choices and options when I had the sit down meeting to submit my order back in August. We were able to match, select all the same 2023 options and choices, to the "new" 2024 model year build, but yes, I don't think he could have just changed my 2023 build to a 2024 with a single click. It had to be done over from scratch.
I'm used to sitting in the "cheap seats", so I guess GT1 will be fine. (I don't care)

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.