Get back to you tomorrow.
Hi . There is no requirement regarding any aspects of an installation other than the work being done by a qualified electrician, permit, inspection and meeting the requirements of your supply authority. So , pertaining to storage the small sheds may be because they are using lead/acid batteries which when charging give off hydrogen which has to obviously vented . The only way to go these days is to utilize lithium ion storage batteries which although expensive are worth the cost for a number of reasons . They have come down in price lately though and it’s WELL worth shopping around and getting competing quotes. The costs to resellers and contractors is considerably less than the end user pays of course. In some cases up to 50% . I was a distributor of renewable energy products for a number of years so am quite familiar with this . Same applies to electrical materials in general.
The number of batteries is limited only by your budget. The more you have the longer your run time when the ice storm hits. Without storage you’re in the same boat as the neighbours If there is no wind and the sun goes down. I would also recommend more solar as opposed to a wind turbine If you’re a fan of birds ,lol . Although a wind turbine will work at night when panels are sleeping. Don’t be concerned about those saying that lithium ion batteries are dangerous due to thermal runaway. If properly installed and protected from damage there is no issue. They are as I mentioned expensive but so are deep cycle lead acid and the lithium will last longer plus you can utilize up to about 90% of their capacity per charge cycle as opposed to at the best 55% for the alternatives . Hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.