Dec 23, 2013
Winnipeg
VetteCoins
Car
1976/2014 Coupes
Four of us from Winnipeg just got back from Spring Mountain, what a great time,
first class operation, lots of track time, learned wet track control, plus so much more.

For those who buy a new car, take advantage of this great deal.

I went to RF/SM back in May. Rick Malone and crew and facilities were all truly top drawer. If you can swing it, run don't walk to Pahrump NV.

:Cheers2:

Ragz you'll have a great time, just watch the drive from Vegas to Pahrump NV. The police patrol it for speeders all the time.
Drink lots of fluids, and don't forget to turn on the cool seats each time you get into the car. Is there anyone else going from Calgary at the same time?

I was down with Ron at the same time, amazing time and to think they have over 120 - C7 Corvettes on hand. Instructors are very good and helpful.

I was blessed with driving a Z07 3LZ optioned Z06 A8 car the whole time with Comp Seats. At 6'3" I found helmet clearance tight. Landed and got home Friday morning and in bed by 2:30AM, got up and was on the road to Regina for a 4 session (12 races in total) weekend autocross (more like a mini road track, no cones) event by 9:30AM, drove non stop. Have to say standard seats offered more helmet clearance.

Ouch my 1st session 1 time out I was a little too aggressive and got all 4 wheels of the track in the 1st hair pin turn. My times were slow slow. Saturday afternoon improved somewhat. 1st lap out Sunday morning a repeat of Saturday but only 2 wheels off the track this time, on the same turn opposite direction. Improved each time out and by Sunday afternoon I finished off with Fastest Time of the Day on street tires, that was a good feeling.

Had another local autocross event Tuesday night, so got in a fair amount of seat time in the last 9 days. Incredible cars.

Wayne we are coming through and stopping in Winnipeg in th Z for a few days probably the 3rd week of Aug....we will have to meet up.
Great to hear your stopping in the PEG, let us know dates, as we usually have lots of dinner runs in the summer and your more than welcome to come at meet some of our club members.

Ron

If my wife gets her way she will find a way to get me to move back. She had me looking at a house last time we were up there...figured if she found me a nice home with a great bar and wine area for parties I might cave...check out this bar..... Yes that's in a house!

image.jpg

Wayne we are coming through and stopping in Winnipeg in th Z for a few days probably the 3rd week of Aug....we will have to meet up.

For sure keep in touch and I'll organize a diner run on any evening that is suitable for you guys. We try to find small different out of town places to check out, nothing fancy, just enough to sneak in a drive. August 28th weekend we're putting on small event weekend, car show, rally and autocross.

I posted somewhere here but we are attending Ron Fellows the first week of January I believe! Better news yet is I have just confirmed that we are doing the West Coast back into BC and through the Provinces back to Ontario...so I hope to get to meet some of you in BC, Alberta, Saskatewan and Manitoba. I guess this will be a true test of the new car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.