May 19, 2016
Airdrie
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Province
AB
Hello! It's been a while.....

My apologies to my friends here who may have thought I was dead. I've been gone a long time, and the great thing that I did today was to come back onto this great forum of amazing people and say that I have missed you all. Big thanks to Nik and all of the sponsors for keeping all of the old threads, photos, and memories alive just so that I could come back and have some nostalgic moments and a tear or two.

I had to take some time away from things that weren't productive, and as much fun as this forum is, I had to cut a lot of things out of my life and really concentrate on doing the things that my family needed me to do. It has been a difficult ride over the last few years, but I'm doing better now.

I've moved since we last talked. My wife and I wrangled a deal on an acreage outside of the city during that whole pandemic thing, and I finally have a (mostly) quiet property with a detached shop.

Having my own space is a life changer. I have space for both cars on a lift, and 6' monkey pit on the other side. I can work on my own stuff (and so many new friends, lol) any time I want, and I don't have to worry about what time it is while I am making noise with tools and stuff. I have a small woodworking room that is still an upgrade over my previous space, and there is a whole enclosed loft above the shop that is just perfect for modeling, lego, arts and crafts, all my computer crap, and whatever other hobbies I want to do.

Yes, I still have my Corvette. It is not looking pretty right now, covered in a few years worth of dust (and I make a lot of dust in the shop), but it is keeping its mileage low, right? I have a lot of things on my list of 'to do', but the Vette is on there, and I would love to see some of you next summer. I hope to make it happen.

Hello! It's been a while.....

My apologies to my friends here who may have thought I was dead. I've been gone a long time, and the great thing that I did today was to come back onto this great forum of amazing people and say that I have missed you all. Big thanks to Nik and all of the sponsors for keeping all of the old threads, photos, and memories alive just so that I could come back and have some nostalgic moments and a tear or two.

I had to take some time away from things that weren't productive, and as much fun as this forum is, I had to cut a lot of things out of my life and really concentrate on doing the things that my family needed me to do. It has been a difficult ride over the last few years, but I'm doing better now.

I've moved since we last talked. My wife and I wrangled a deal on an acreage outside of the city during that whole pandemic thing, and I finally have a (mostly) quiet property with a detached shop.

Having my own space is a life changer. I have space for both cars on a lift, and 6' monkey pit on the other side. I can work on my own stuff (and so many new friends, lol) any time I want, and I don't have to worry about what time it is while I am making noise with tools and stuff. I have a small woodworking room that is still an upgrade over my previous space, and there is a whole enclosed loft above the shop that is just perfect for modeling, lego, arts and crafts, all my computer crap, and whatever other hobbies I want to do.

Yes, I still have my Corvette. It is not looking pretty right now, covered in a few years worth of dust (and I make a lot of dust in the shop), but it is keeping its mileage low, right? I have a lot of things on my list of 'to do', but the Vette is on there, and I would love to see some of you next summer. I hope to make it happen.
Well blow me over with a feather Jordy. Wondered what became of you. Haven't talked to Tim for a long time but always meant to ask about you. Welcome back, other than the near heart attack when I saw your name pop up. Glad to see you. Sounds like you are in a good place. Figuratively and literally. Good on Ya buddy.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi my friend,
If you (and yours) are game … a visit for an acreage photo op chat would do many of us well next Summer. I’ve watched quite a bit of your efforts & successes on “the other media thingy” and never really seen the vette. I left it as a not-topic but rather thrilled about the “barn find” now. I’m “in” next Summer or even sooner at a coffee shop with the “winter-drivers”. ☕🍩
Cheers Jordy 🤜🏻🤛🏻
Big Hi to N8 too 👋🏻🙂

Reactions: Jeremiad
Thanks for the warm welcome gents. Lots of things have changed around here (including a few usernames and their locations) but that's okay, I still know who you are. Lots of things have changed in my life too, but I'm still a pretty decent fella.

It is a nice feeling to come back here and see some familiar people, and I look forward to learning about all the ones who are new to me.
Cheers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.