By unrestricted I meant you are not disabled (as in requiring special hand controls, lift chair etc), pregnant or otherwise advisded by your family doctor to not participate in thrill sports (similar to rollercoaster rides).

Sorry about the confusion.

A fully licensed driver should have no trouble registering for the course.

You may also contact them directly for specific situations:

Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club

1-800-391-6891

Operating Hours
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST

Best of luck!

Ah s**t. I just realized this course is next to Vegas. I'm going to Vegas this summer for a bachelor party and I don't think I can go to there and not take this course. However, I took delivery of my car last April. I wonder if there is any chance of getting my discount applied if I book now before my 1 year, but don't take the course until July.

I'm definitely interested, but too bad they don't offer the spouses a discount (even if it was at a lesser amount). Can't see my wife wanting to go just to watch and I can't see her thinking it's a good idea for me to go to Vegas on my own.

from the feedback on 'another site' [g], if there is time and room, often the
other spouse will get a ' ride along ' by one of the instructors while he is 'working'
the group.
So...the other spouse may not be sitting twiddling thumbs !!
Those taking the course....don't expect to party; you will be very tired.

Tony,
welland

I'm definitely interested, but too bad they don't offer the spouses a discount (even if it was at a lesser amount). Can't see my wife wanting to go just to watch and I can't see her thinking it's a good idea for me to go to Vegas on my own.

I believe I've heard this once before although I can't authenticate it "What happens in Vegas stays on Vegas"

from the feedback on 'another site' [g], if there is time and room, often the
other spouse will get a ' ride along ' by one of the instructors while he is 'working'
the group.
So...the other spouse may not be sitting twiddling thumbs !!
Those taking the course....don't expect to party; you will be very tired.

Tony,
welland
I tried to sell that to my wife. No such luck, tried to find a way to get a second discounted student, no luck there either. Only way would be to find someone who bought their car with a business as the owner and they were not going and would authorize the person as the operator to spring mountain.

I'm just stuck with paying full for the wife. Hoping for some brownie points

Hi blue bomber 697, you pick up your C7 at amp? I may have drooled on it ...lol sorry
Pay the extra and do the third day, its worth it (all track day)

Instructors took the wife's or GF out for a couple of laps, the class I attended this guy from South Korea his wife went for a spin when they got back her hubby ran over and opened the door (she looked pale) got out of car and started giving him s**t this was funny as hell the rest of us were laughing.
It doesn't matter what language they speak you can always tell when a guy is getting a tongue lashing from his wife.

Hi blue bomber 697, you pick up your C7 at amp? I may have drooled on it ...lol sorry
Pay the extra and do the third day, its worth it (all track day)

Instructors took the wife's or GF out for a couple of laps, the class I attended this guy from South Korea his wife went for a spin when they got back her hubby ran over and opened the door (she looked pale) got out of car and started giving him s**t this was funny as hell the rest of us were laughing.
It doesn't matter what language they speak you can always tell when a guy is getting a tongue lashing from his wife.

Haha yeah I did. And I will be in Vegas in July for a bachelor party. So my gf will not be there with me unfortunately.

Also, GOOD NEWS: I called Spring Mountain today and apparently Canada didn't introduce the incentive until July, so we have until the end of July regardless to take advantage of the offer. So I very well might be going!

Spring Mountain date......

Haha yeah I did. And I will be in Vegas in July for a bachelor party. So my gf will not be there with me unfortunately.

Also, GOOD NEWS: I called Spring Mountain today and apparently Canada didn't introduce the incentive until July, so we have until the end of July regardless to take advantage of the offer. So I very well might be going!

Did you get a confirming email on that? I look on the web site and there book basically to the end of April, my Date of purchase was April 15th. Or who did you talk to?:canada:

Did you get a confirming email on that? I look on the web site and there book basically to the end of April, my Date of purchase was April 15th. Or who did you talk to?:canada:

I talked to a sales associate on the phone, Melissa I think. I too looked at the website the other day and the calendar didn't seem to go that far ahead but she assured me those dates are wide open at this point.

But what was told to me was that the program didn't open to Canadians until July 2014. So regardless of when you took delivery last year before July, you have access to the discounted rate until the end of July 2015. I am likely going July 13 & 14th, with back-up dates being July 6 & 7th.

Spring Mountain date......

I talked to a sales associate on the phone, Melissa I think. I too looked at the website the other day and the calendar didn't seem to go that far ahead but she assured me those dates are wide open at this point.

But what was told to me was that the program didn't open to Canadians until July 2014. So regardless of when you took delivery last year before July, you have access to the discounted rate until the end of July 2015. I am likely going July 13 & 14th, with back-up dates being July 6 & 7th.

I sent them an email got a reply from Melissa with attachments with dates.
For sure I'm going now July dates sound good maybe see you there.:canada:

I'm trying to arrange for the first week of April that or in May.

Have you ever been to Las Vegas in July?

I've been there a couple times in July and August unbearable. One time it was so hot the soles of my running shoes started to soften up and get sticky. Local news they said 118F and the asphalt was around 170F.

Las Vegas Weather History

Just something else to think about when planning, it's not like it is here in July!

I'm trying to arrange for the first week of April that or in May.

Have you ever been to Las Vegas in July?

I've been there a couple times in July and August unbearable. One time it was so hot the soles of my running shoes started to soften up and get sticky. Local news they said 118F and the asphalt was around 170F.

Yes I have actually when I was younger. I do know it is extremely hot, however I am going for a bachelor party. I did not get to choose these dates so I have to work with what I'm given. Also due to other circumstances, I couldn't really go much earlier myself anyways.

I am really jealous that you might go during CES. I'd love to go to that.

VINDIC8R has booked Spring Mountain!!!

Yay! Made it official today. I looked up availability for the C7 Corvette driving school. Seats available in May. I had to phone the school directly because the onine registration was not accepting my VIN. The woman at the booking office confirmed that Canadians need to phone in their VINs rather than registering online.

I have booked the 2 day school on May 4 & 5. My wife and I will fly into Vegas on the Friday night and spend 2 days in Laughlin before heading to Pahrump. I booked the extra night at Spring Mountain so that I am all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when things start at 8am sharp. A hot breakfast buffet is available from 0645 thru 0730 each morning. Lunch is provided as I recall. My wife is accompanying me but she declined from wanting to take the course. The school ends at 4pm each day.

There does not appear to be an opportunity to be in the passenger seat while a pro does a hot lap. Perhaps I can pay some premium and do that. It would be amazing to witness what a C7 can do under the control of a pro driver.

For those dates, I had to book the medium range condo for the 2 nights. The standard rooms are sold out.

Lastly, I probably have to drive 7-speed transmission. They are expecting delivery of A8s but they cannot guarantee they will be available in May and I am on a waiting list. No biggie - just would prefer to mimic my own C7 as to how the A8 will react. I have driven my C7 about 22 inches so far.

Just some dollar logistics...

the extra room at Spring Mountain is $145 US (so a gazillion dollars CDN), 2 nights hotel in Laughlin (we will tour a bit) is about $200 US and a rental car is about $200 US.

:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.