ojamali

Mar 29, 2014
Canada
VetteCoins
Car
CORVETTE C7
Great news for all C7 owners in Canada!

If any of you have been waiting for the Ron Fellow Corvette Training Program to open doors to Canadian C7 owners you will be thrilled with this official press release from GM Canada.

Stingray School Maximizes Corvette Driving Experience

QUOTE:

The two-day program has been made available to Canadian 2014 Corvette Stingray owners for $1,000 US

Just wanted to confirm that this offer is also for 2015 C7's.

Customers can visit Corvette Owners School to register.

EXCLUSIVE OFFER
$1,000 cost (a $1,500 reduction from the standard rate) includes a one-night, two-day stay, meals and the opportunity to experience the true on-track performance capabilities of the new Corvette Stingray.

THE EXPERIENCE
Along with classroom instruction and challenging car control exercises, participants will spend extensive time driving a track-prepped Corvette Stingray on an exhilarating Spring Mountain road course.

HOW TO ENROLL
Corvette Stingray owners can visit Corvette Owners School and register with their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Mrs. Smack here,
I think I need to go driving school more than Mr. Smack.

You can both take it together, would be worth asking the question if you could both get a discount.

I'm sitting on the fence whether to take it or not. Would be fun but on the other hand I will never track this car.

Unfortunately (for my wife Mrs Smack) my understanding is the course is only for the register buyer of the vehicle ( me ). And if you want a second person to attend and take the full course it is at the full price. They do some complimentary ride alongs with the instructors for spouses.

Was curious if some one who wasn't going to use their discount could transfer it to someone else? But I doubt it.

81Wayne is right.

For you to get the subsidized pricing for the Ron Fellows school the eligibility is for 1 year from the day you pick up your 2014 or 2015 C7.

It is however open to anyone at their regular rate if you must attend the school outside of this eligibility period.

Best of luck and remember to post pics here of your new 2015 C7!

Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School

Just to confirm Owais and 81Wayne, you need to have a VIN AND have taken delivery of your car. Given I have never owned a 300+ hp car, let alone 455, I thought it would be good to fully understand the capabilities of this car in a safe and controlled manner, so I've enrolled in the 3 day course in mid March.

I took delivery of a 2015 Stingray z51 2LT in late November but unfortunately had to garage it shortly after. I look forward to contributing this forum and an early spring!

I've tried to attach a photo, hopefully it works.

My Vette #4.jpg

RjH-C7 first of all welcome to the forum.

Beautiful car.

I hope you enjoy your Ron Fellows experience. About two years ago I was at the facility to see what was going on, motorcycles the day I was there. It is a first rate facility and I hope you not only learn a little more about car control but enjoy the experience as well.

By the way your picture enlarges just fine.

Availability is not great in March. I figure this is so because most northerners take their cars out of storage in April. I started the booking process before I took delivery of my car as I was seeing the school dates fill up. They would allow me to hold a time on promise of VIN.

I'm really looking forward to the experience and will be sure to comment in this forum.

2015 z51 2LT NRB

Just to confirm Owais and 81Wayne, you need to have a VIN AND have taken delivery of your car. Given I have never owned a 300+ hp car, let alone 455, I thought it would be good to fully understand the capabilities of this car in a safe and controlled manner, so I've enrolled in the 3 day course in mid March.

I took delivery of a 2015 Stingray z51 2LT in late November but unfortunately had to garage it shortly after. I look forward to contributing this forum and an early spring!

I've tried to attach a photo, hopefully it works.

View attachment 1596

Well then welcome aboard!!! And congrats on your C7.
:canada:

@RJH-C7: All you need to take advantage of you 2015 C7 promo pricing is to have taken the delivery and have the VIN number. BTW the promo price is for the first registered owner of the vehicle only. If you bought it used or if the vehicle is not registered under your name then GM Canada would not authorize it.

No prior racing experience is required but an unrestricted drivers license is required. They train you with an instructor for the 2 day course and if you take a 3 day course you will then be driving around the track on your own on the third day.

Best of luck!

@RJH-C7: All you need to take advantage of you 2015 C7 promo pricing is to have taken the delivery and have the VIN number. BTW the promo price is for the first registered owner of the vehicle only. If you bought it used or if the vehicle is not registered under your name then GM Canada would not authorize it.

No prior racing experience is required but an unrestricted drivers license is required. They train you with an instructor for the 2 day course and if you take a 3 day course you will then be driving around the track on your own on the third day.

Best of luck!

Unrestricted?? Oh my. I have a restriction requiring prescription glasses. Does this prevent me from taking the course?
:confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.