Ntmd8r

RIP
You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 27, 2009
Richmond, B.C.
VetteCoins
Sorry.....
Before, we could see much of the site on the main page.
Now we have to scroll down a looooooonnnnnnng page to see the different sub-forums.
Where is the "Latest Posts" link ?, which makes it easy to see all the unread posts at once.

I got one just to help Riley just a bit. Put a 'Complaints' button right up there beside the 'New Posts' button....with no hyperlink destination eheheh. It is hillarious thinking many will just keep clicking...

Strange, I had classifieds and now they are gone again???

Ok, so now I have it. I clicked on Forums and it came up. It does not appear when I go to my home page??

Strange, I had classifieds and now they are gone again???

Ok, so now I have it. I clicked on Forums and it came up. It does not appear when I go to my home page??

It's possible you may have collapsed the category for classifieds. There's a Plus (+) sign next to each section which allows the user to collapse or expand sections. If you hit the minus (-) you collapse it and make the classifieds sort of disappear. Check if you can see the Classifieds Heading and hit the plus sign to the right of it.

There sure is a lot of "white space" on the pages.
For example:
For each post, there are 4 buttons ("Report", "Like", "Quote", "Reply")
And under that line there is almost 1" of white space.

In other words, the page design could use less space between elements.
This would also affect the overall feeling of the page being so "bright".

That's actually a bug that I've just fixed. Thanks.

Another.....
When I click on "Mark forums read", it then pops up a box and asks me to Confirm it (or not).
Again, 2 clicks to get something done.
Dammit, but I hate those things. I said I want to mark the forums as read.... just do it.

And, just so you know, I have been building web sites since 1995... yes....
using raw "coding" of html and javascript and css and.... and.....
So I do know what I am talking about.

Another.....
When I click on "Mark forums read", it then pops up a box and asks me to Confirm it (or not).
Again, 2 clicks to get something done.
Dammit, but I hate those things. I said I want to mark the forums as read.... just do it.

And, just so you know, I have been building web sites since 1995... yes....
using raw "coding" of html and javascript and css and.... and.....
So I do know what I am talking about.

That's standard core behaviour and very wise. It's the equivalent of delete ALL for someone who comes and reads them once a week (or relatively infrequently) as marking them all read by error means searching through every sub-forum and guessing at the latest posts. It's a pretty pervasive update. It's also a contextual option meaning you can mark individual forums or the entire global forum as read so that menu will give you more options depending on where you are. It's good to have a confirmation box there in case you mis-click.

Lots to like here, but the comment on the sterility irks me a little too--very bright,

I still need to try posting pics, etc, but I think I could get used to it. Most of the issues I have is just from it not being as intuitive as before--which should change with experience. Probably quicker, less bugs, and built for more traffic.

Besides, we got more smileys now--especially the popcorn guy!:Lurk5::Lurk5::Lurk5:

Lots to like here, but the comment on the sterility irks me a little too--very bright,

I still need to try posting pics, etc, but I think I could get used to it. Most of the issues I have is just from it not being as intuitive as before--which should change with experience. Probably quicker, less bugs, and built for more traffic.

Besides, we got more smileys now--especially the popcorn guy!:Lurk5::Lurk5::Lurk5:

We have these guys too :drive::gum:

I'm working on some additional styling this week, expect a few changes in the next few days.

Great suggestions everyone and great work on the quick replies Nik! Fantastic!
As for the complaint button, I thought it would just go to banning the member pressing the button. :D......or if it gets pressed too many times, banning the forum Moderator.:eek:

Reactions: nascar03
I liked having the location and model of Vette of each member under their avitar in their posts.

Makes it a lot easier if your responding to a " Meet for coffee" thread, then find out the poster is half way across the Country.

Not really concerned how many posts a guy has or how many likes. he has..

I liked having the location and model of Vette of each member under their avitar in their posts.

Makes it a lot easier if your responding to a " Meet for coffee" thread, then find out the poster is half way across the Country.

Not really concerned how many posts a guy has or how many likes. he has..

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll look into it.

Seems to be a problem with clicking on unread threads, If I click on a thread I have not previously read, it takes me to the last post.then I have to scroll up to the top, about then my computer catches up and reverts to the last post again...........:Banghead: :Banghead:

When I click on a thread Title, I expect to go to the first post, if I want to go to the last post, I click the time stamp under the last post on the right hand side.

Seems to be a problem with clicking on unread threads, If I click on a thread I have not previously read, it takes me to the last post.then I have to scroll up to the top, about then my computer catches up and reverts to the last post again...........:Banghead: :Banghead:

When I click on a thread Title, I expect to go to the first post, if I want to go to the last post, I click the time stamp under the last post on the right hand side.

Hmm... That's odd. If you're getting to the thread via New Posts->Click on title of post it will try to take you automatically to the first unread post of that thread. Sometimes you have to give it a second to load the thread and scroll you down. It will always try to take you to the first unread post when going via New Posts.

If you get to a thread via Recent Posts or via the main forums it should just be taking you to the first post of the first page.

You can get back to the top or bottom quickly by clicking on the navigation arrows that pop up (bottom right) when you start scrolling.

Hmm... That's odd. If you're getting to the thread via New Posts->Click on title of post it will try to take you automatically to the first unread post of that thread. Sometimes you have to give it a second to load the thread and scroll you down. It will always try to take you to the first unread post when going via New Posts.

If you get to a thread via Recent Posts or via the main forums it should just be taking you to the first post of the first page.

I generally hit "New Posts" when I log on, If there is a thread with multiple replies, that I have not read, it takes me to the last post.