Ntmd8r

RIP
You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 27, 2009
Richmond, B.C.
VetteCoins
Sorry.....
Before, we could see much of the site on the main page.
Now we have to scroll down a looooooonnnnnnng page to see the different sub-forums.
Where is the "Latest Posts" link ?, which makes it easy to see all the unread posts at once.

I can't believe you beat me onto the new forum! We'll see if we can get a new posts button up. its tough to catch everything so if you notice something, let us know!.... Like you just did.

Oh! I just noticed, I'm on my iPhone and at the top, there is a button named MENU with three lines beside it. If you hit that, then a menu pops out from the side and new posts are on that menu. I still haven't checked on a computer yet.

Last edited:
Sorry.....
Before, we could see much of the site on the main page.
Now we have to scroll down a looooooonnnnnnng page to see the different sub-forums.
Where is the "Latest Posts" link ?, which makes it easy to see all the unread posts at once.

That's good feedback, we can make a separate section for this. To get to the new posts today, hover over the forum navigation menu and select New Posts.

I always had to scroll lots before to get to the 780/403 area.

I don't think the scrolling is that much more. two columns to make it less.

I couldn't find the new post link till Nik pointing out how to find it.... think we should play around for a bit and see how it goes.

server is way faster.... less time when you click on a link.

I am OK with this new format..... will give it some time to get used to.

Brian

Thanks guys, it's very new and horizontally oriented to make use of all your screen real estate. Things are also less condensed in a way, fonts are bigger, more line spacing etc. Side by side there's actually more scrolling on the old site than this one and we're cramming a lot more info into the side bars here (which you can collapse btw if you don't like them). It's a bit of an optical illusion. :)

Give it a shot for a while. I'm very open to suggestions and there is a huge list of improvements coming next week including some more distinct per forum styling elements that'll make things a lot easier to find. Did not want to shock everyone with even more changes in one shot.

If you all prefer the more traditional list view type affair i.e. old forum (vs side by side sub-forums) I can switch it quickly. Maybe a fancy new poll will be done in a week to get some feedback.

I don't see a button that says "Menu", with 3 little bars after it.
All I see is "Home", "Forums","Media","Members".
And the 3 options at the top right show me, conversations, and alerts.

Ntmd8r there is an odd looking symbol that looks like a head with three arms. It is small up on the top of the right side. Click on that then another screen opens and you can click on New Activity. There may be another way but it is the only way I can see new postings.

Hope the directions are even a little bit clear. Good luck.

I don't see a button that says "Menu", with 3 little bars after it.
All I see is "Home", "Forums","Media","Members".
And the 3 options at the top right show me, conversations, and alerts.

Hover over the down arrow next to the Forums (menu) at the top, a menu will drop down, from there select new posts.

I'll make sure to put a dedicated New Posts button very shortly (probably tonight if I get a chance).

Ah, thanks Nik.

And, using the little "3-headed thing", so I then have to do 2 clicks, rather than 1 as before.
Hmmmm.... progress ?

I prefer the hover over the down arrow.

And, can I diminish /decrease the font size... I certainly don't need it to be so large.
By doing this, that might make the screens a bit smaller, so they would show more real estate.

There sure is a lot of "white space" on the pages.
For example:
For each post, there are 4 buttons ("Report", "Like", "Quote", "Reply")
And under that line there is almost 1" of white space.

In other words, the page design could use less space between elements.
This would also affect the overall feeling of the page being so "bright".

Reactions: 12cents and Nik