MikeFromStirling

I'm New Here
You're 5
Dec 9, 2015
Milton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Hello CCF members. Just signed up to the forum and looking for some advice. I am looking to get into a C7 Z06 by summertime. I have been keeping an eye out for cars that come up and from what it seems, the used market have prices which are more than the MSRP is on the new cars. Now owing a Challenger Hellcat I am all too familiar with long wait times and ridiculous private prices. Is it unheard of to order a C7 Z06 at MSRP? I have not went into a dealership yet to enquire. I guess I have a few questions that I was looking for help on.

Is MSRP achievable on the 2016 model year?

Should I wait for 2017? when would 2017 cars be available for ordering?

I have not seen any pictures despite my searching for a black interior with sport competition seats AND yellow accent stitching. Has anyone ordered this combo and have pictures?

What is the average wait from order to delivery on this car?(My Hellcat was about 4 months)

I am not looking to trade in my Hellcat, just add to my collection. The Hellcat is an absolute monster and rarely gets taken out(1500Kms this past year only) but I intend on driving the Z a couple days a week to work during typical car season. Thanks in advance for all your help!

P.S. looking for a black on black on black car with a 3LZ package. Just not sure whether I want the convertible or coupe. Both beautiful cars. I know first world problems right???

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few people on this site that seem to have a great deal of accurate information/knowledge when it comes to the ordering process for C7's and Z06's in particular. All Flash has put a great deal of effort into helping others with their purchase maybe he can assist you as well.

Again Welcome.

Please to meet you Mike... The Z06 you are looking for may be harder to get than that Hellcat I am sorry to say. It appears that you are looking for an allocation rather than a dealers lot Z06, and also, that you want a Canadian configuration much more than US. If you are pretty flexible, simply watch Autotrader and they may come up. MSRP will be a hard bill to fill though. Finding an allocation may be a bit tricky. When I looked for mine last fall, there were originally only a few allocations and I had a contact tell me that one was not accounted for. I then called EVERY dealership from BC to Quebec City before finding mine. Right now as we speak, there are no allocations and I actually have 3 guys asking me to assist them find one. My record is pretty decent since i have already placed 4 other than mine but that was because I left my name and number with all dealerships that I spoke to last year...and they called back, the most recent just a few weeks ago.

I believe if you call every dealer in Canada, you will find an allocation at MSRP; I am sure there are a few stragglers right now. There are none that I know of but, if things become like last year, we may see a Spring allocation where delivery will be June/July. Fair warning though.... once you sit in a new Z06, that Hellcat will be forgotten.

Allflash is right, just call every dealer you can think of starting from the closest to you to furthest away and ask if they have a Z06 allocation, talk to the sales manager if you can and tell them you are ready to put your deposit down now.

Tell them you need proof of the allocation, or they will lie to you and say they have one but they dont. I was personally lied too a few times and strung along for 8 months last year. I finally gave up on that dealer and did another mass calling this spring and found an honest GM dealership in Oakville. I place my order late June and I was sitting in my 2016 Z06 in late August.

Good Luck
Matt

Welcome Mike - I like yourself am in the same boat. I want a 2016 Z06/Z07, manual (which is actually harder to get now that about 80% of all Z06 are A8's).

Canada just doesn't get allocations. Period.
Combine the weak Canadian dollar and anyone who does have a car - from dealership to private - are at least putting the cars up for MSRP if not more regardless of options and KM's. Knowing that these cars have not yet taken their massive depreciation hit that all Corvettes and cars in general take - makes it harder to suck it up and pay above MSRP now.

AllFlash has helped more than a few people on here get a car - and he may be able to help you too. I will even stand back from my chance and AllFlash can get it to you sooner as I have decided to wait until next season.

In the interim I am hoping to jump into a ZR1 and enjoy that this season. If the dollar starts to strengthen as some say - I am hoping that this plus the actual volume of C7 Z06's out there (and there are many more than ZR1's for example) - will allow me to move into one for the Spring of 2017.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum Mike! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure in hunting down a C7Z! I just hope it's not a frustrating experience! But at least you get to dry your tears in a Hellcat while you wait! I've heard a lot of great stuff about those cars. Post up some pics if you have time!

Thanks for the help and advice everyone! I am starting my search as of tomorrow. Question I do have for you, how would one prove that they have an allocation available? I certainly don't want my chain jerked by some dealer. Totally willing to put down deposit now if the dealer has an open allocation. I don't mind waiting for the right car either.

For those curious about the 'Cat, here are some pics. Absolute monster. If the Z06 is a scalpel, the hellcat would be the butchers knife. it's brash, in your face, and unapologetic! Just the way I like my cars. I can't wait to compare the Z06 to this car. I have yet to have a C7 Z pull up against me, but everything else has seen nothing but my license plate(notice there is no plate in the front??? lol)

How do you tell about allocation, they can send you a screenshot of the GM Workbench, it will actually say "Model Year = 2016", "Allocation Group = Z06 Alloc Qty:1" (or it might say Qty:2, 3, etc.)

My Dealer sent me this screen shot to prove to me he had allocation and I had my order in 30 mins later.

Good luck Brother.

Matt

Thanks guys! Although I may be 33, I do believe that true cars should only come with one kind of tranny. A little old school thinking I know but hey to each their own. I guess If there wasn't a market for them, they wouldn't build them. Just not down for an A8 personally. The search will continue.

Welcome to CCF Mike and welcome to the 2016 Z06 line up.

I'm in the line up for a Z06 like you and many others.

As mentioned by others the first and foremost task is to locate a dealer with either - a confirmed 2016 Z06 allotment or who had 2015 Z06 allotment with orders sold. Until this task is completed, there is no chance of getting it.

My dealer had allotment for 8 - 2015 Stingrays and 1 Z06. After all orders were confirmed Chevrolet offered them 2 more Z06's and a couple of stingrays to round out the 2015 build year. My 2015 2LT, Torch red convertible was the 8th and supposedly last allotment to my dealership for 2015. My commitment to buy was made Aug 2013, actual order placed Feb 13 2015 ( as I wanted delivery in May), actual 8th allotment granted by GM March 26th. Build date assigned April 6th, built May 11th ( I went to Bowling Green to watch it built) and picked it up at the dealership May 29th.

I placed my Z06 order with down payment mid Aug. 2015 ( 3LZ coupe, spice red design Pkg, Longbeach red metallic, visible carbon fiber hood insert, roof panel, ground effects and dash trim. So far my dealer has not been made aware of his 2016 Z06 allotment. He has 4 standing orders for a Z06-Z07 optioned vettes dating back to 2013 but non of his Z06 allotments were with the Z07 option so they are still waiting and take precedence over my order should a Z06-Z07 allotment come up.
At least I'm at the top of the list for a Z06 at my dealership.

Find a Dealer and get your order placed. Then wait. and wait. and wait some more.

Hey Mike, still looking for a dealer with Z06 allotment. Not Z07 optioned car.
You see my situation in the previous post.
I now have allotment for Z06 at another dealer which I may not take do to constraints on some options I wanted, so if I don't take th allotment it will be available to be ordered in the next couple of weeks.

I now have allotment for Z06 at another dealer which I may not take do to constraints on some options I wanted, so if I don't take th allotment it will be available to be ordered in the next couple of weeks.

Hey Ric. There's a member just posted looking for an allotment over in the C7 section. His name is Phil.

II am interested in the allocation!! Please call so we can talk, 705 945-1856. If I can't answer leave a message and I will call you back ASAP. Phil

II am interested in the allocation!! Please call so we can talk, . If I can't answer leave a message and I will call you back ASAP. Phil

Word of internet caution lads. Don't put your phone numbers out for the world to see. Spambots love collecting the info for your next free cruise trip. Send a private mesaage/conversation instead.

Word of internet caution lads. Don't put your phone numbers out for the world to see. Spambots love collecting the info for your next free cruise trip. Send a private mesaage/conversation instead.

Free Cruise Trip? Really? Who doesn't want a free cruise Nik?
Just kidding. Extremely good point. There are already too many scammers and telemarketers calling us. What we post here on the public side of the forum can be seen by anything or anyone. Except our wives.... :Smuggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.