Mar 29, 2024
Niagara Region
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 Z51 HTC 2LT
Province
ON
For those that have organized charity rides, what is involved from your experience?

Hypothetically: if one were to want to organize a ride from Point A to Point B in Southern Ontario, on a hypothetical holiday Monday in May to help raise money for a local children's hospital charity fundraising campaign, what is involved? I am wondering if any special permissions are needed for the route or do you simply figure out your scenic route you want to drive? I was thinking a leisurely hour-ish drive to not take up too much of one's holiday Monday....arriving at around mid day for lunch? Is this too long or too short of a cruise? Are any special insurances needed or do participants simply have their own car insurance with no event insurance needed for the cruise? The donations (thinking $20/car as a min donation to participate) would go 100% to the charity through a local business, and tax receipts from the charity would be issued (as per usual) in January for respective donations. Point B would be a local licensed business where participants could enjoy food and beverages at their own expense/leisure and then carry on with their day. Does this make sense? There would be no trophies, no ribbons, no voting of best looking car..... simply trying to raise some money for a good cause. Would you participate in a rain or shine event or simply a shine event?

Any thoughts, input, advice is greatly appreciated from both the organizational standpoint or the participant standpoint.

Tossing this idea around in my head, but not sure where to start... I'm not affiliated directly with the charity in question, just looking to help a good cause.

Thanks

I would defer to Denis who knows best for your region when it comes to running cruises and routes. I would also speak to the Niagara Corvette Club to see if it works with their schedule and could be added as a sanctioned event. Corvette clubs carry there own insurance, you would not need to buy insurance. Make it a shine event and have a rain date. A lunch stop at the end would offer the option to join in or leave if people were unable to stay. You may find some resistance by holding the event on a holiday Monday of a long weekend as many have plans. If you want me to reach out to a couple of people that I know at the Niagara Corvette Club I could to check for open dates if you do decide to go ahead with the idea.

I would defer to Denis who knows best for your region when it comes to running cruises and routes. I would also speak to the Niagara Corvette Club to see if it works with their schedule and could be added as a sanctioned event. Corvette clubs carry there own insurance, you would not need to buy insurance. Make it a shine event and have a rain date. A lunch stop at the end would offer the option to join in or leave if people were unable to stay. You may find some resistance by holding the event on a holiday Monday of a long weekend as many have plans. If you want me to reach out to a couple of people that I know at the Niagara Corvette Club I could to check for open dates if you do decide to go ahead with the idea.
Thanks Mr.C. I'm actually attending my first NCC meeting on Tuesday. I just don't want to be the new guy to the club who is trying to push his own agenda. I will talk with them and see if they have input/advice or if they want to join in.

Hoping to meet Denis and join on one of his rides as they are literally in my neighborhood.

Thanks again.

Thanks Mr.C. I'm actually attending my first NCC meeting on Tuesday. I just don't want to be the new guy to the club who is trying to push his own agenda. I will talk with them and see if they have input/advice or if they want to join in.

Hoping to meet Denis and join on one of his rides as they are literally in my neighborhood.

Thanks again.
On Tuesday when you go, find a gentleman named John Mytroen at the meeting. Tell him that Scott from London said to speak to him for input/advice on how to help your idea along and raise money for charity. You could also speak with Joe Bello the club president at the meeting with John. Joe's cell phone is 289-228-9449.
I hope that helps you get started with NCC.
Scott

On Tuesday when you go, find a gentleman named John Mytroen at the meeting. Tell him that Scott from London said to speak to him for input/advice on how to help your idea along and raise money for charity. You could also speak with Joe Bello the club president at the meeting with John. Joe's cell phone is 289-228-9449.
I hope that helps you get started with NCC.
Scott
Joe helped us buy or '24 Z51 HTC. I was hoping to talk with Joe, but I will seek out John as well. Thanks for the lead.