100% agree....I would never get PPF if panels had to be removed....Nothing fits the same after it's been removed and re-installed.
My mistake in my description and use of the wording “panels being removed”. I was more referring to interior trim etc to wrap around doors and sills etc. I agree you would not be wanting to pop off exterior panels especially for something like PPF application. Appreciate the clarification.

The C8 is a challenging car to PPF. Lots of sharp angles and tight corners. Some installers use the pre cut kits that run up to the edges and some do full wrap around which require a lot more prep and work (removing panels etc) but shows no seams. Not all PPF jobs are created equal so you do see a wide range of prices. Of course, as long as you are getting a job you are happy with for the cost then all good.
I am not sure how to edit this, or if it can be edited, but wanted to update this given the follow-up comments. I was not intending to suggest the removal of exterior panels to put on PPF was a good idea. Rather, wrapping inside doors and under interior trim edges etc. As I reread this, I see my error. Apologies.

I am not sure how to edit this, or if it can be edited, but wanted to update this given the follow-up comments. I was not intending to suggest the removal of exterior panels to put on PPF was a good idea. Rather, wrapping inside doors and under interior trim edges etc. As I reread this, I see my error. Apologies.
No worries! Most of the people on here can read. ;)

Reactions: HC22
My mistake in my description and use of the wording “panels being removed”. I was more referring to interior trim etc to wrap around doors and sills etc. I agree you would not be wanting to pop off exterior panels especially for something like PPF application. Appreciate the clarification.
I wasn't thinking exterior panels, Any Garnish made doesn't fit the same as the 1st time install....Yes they can be removed easily and re-installed, but the clips that hold them in get stressed easily, so if I had a choice, I would avoid removing any garnishes on my car....IMO.....(Opinion based on 30 yrs of working in an Auto Mfg plant)

Reactions: HC22 and Murray20c8

Users who are viewing this thread