Question:
But first, thank you very much for the "New Post" button. Love it!
Now how do I go directly to the latest post in the thread? I believe the old forum had a red button that did this?

Easy. Click on the New Post title, it should automagically take you to the latest 'unread' post.There is no dedicated button for this. At least in testing it has worked well for me. Let me know if you have issues.

Also within each thread at the top you should see a 'Go to First Unread' button (next to pagination if there are multiple pages) that you can click (this is for navigation within the thread).

I see the Go to First Unread button now. I just missed it before.

Yes, but like I said, going to New Posts then simply clicking on the post title should in 99% of cases take you to the first unread message in the thread. If for some reason it doesn't work you always have the button as a backup.

Just a thought but there really shouldnt be a Recent Profile Posts box on the right side as it relates conversation between two members that is somewhere between private and public. It is something really that has no value to members other than the two sending such posts to one another.

Just a thought but there really shouldnt be a Recent Profile Posts box on the right side as it relates conversation between two members that is somewhere between private and public. It is something really that has no value to members other than the two sending such posts to one another.

Profile posts are the equivalent of facebook status updates as such they're supposed to be public on paper. I've seen some sites dedicate huge real estate to profile posts to bring up interaction. We'll leave them up for now and gauge the uptake. If they're not being utilized they will be removed. If anyone's using them for personal messages, don't :)

What a person posts to someones profile is more of a personal message, and should not be broadcast across the Forum.

I don't give a Damn what Facebook does, I don't use it.

Facebook may not respect your privacy, but let's not go down that road.

What a person posts to someones profile is more of a personal message, and should not be broadcast across the Forum.

I don't give a Damn what Facebook does, I don't use it.

Facebook may not respect your privacy, but let's not go down that road.

Not really. We have Conversations (equivalent to PMs) for this purpose. Not even the admins can read those.

Profile posts are the equivalent to the old forum's visitor messages I guess. They're not and will never be entirely private. They are however not prominent. You do have some restrictions as to who posts on your profile page as per pic below. You can get to this page by hovering over your Name/Avatar (top right) and selecting Privacy. There are a lot of options available to you to setup your privacy settings the way you want them.

Privacy   Canadian Corvette Forums.png