Darrell, I have been trained by the power and drivetrain engineers as to how to properly break in a Corvette if you also require any assistance!
I can also let you know about our local Corvette club's first cruise of the season coming up this Sunday if you want to join in as my guest!
Scott

Darrell, I have been trained by the power and drivetrain engineers as to how to properly break in a Corvette if you also require any assistance!
I can also let you know about our local Corvette club's first cruise of the season coming up this Sunday if you want to join in as my guest!
Scott
Sounds intriguing.
Text me a few details.
If I can work it out with my other 'stuff', I'll gladly join in.
Too late for any assistance on my break-in - I've hit the magic mark.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
They are targeting 3PM Tues. I told them about the rain. Wed. and beyond. It is a union shop so they can't push to get stuff done there beyond "policy lead times for PDI" etc.
Are they kidding? The car's been there for 15 days now! Turn around time for a Corvette PDI is 3 days. Good thing they're in a union or guess what?
My car came in on the morning of the 21st, I picked it up on the afternoon of the 24th in August. I don't recall you saying that the car was being sent out
for a full ppf and ceramic coating after?

You know it will have the PPF the Ceramic Coating the Tinted windows. So it's protected now. So drive it as it will make you very happy plus it won't get hurt. THEY DON'T MELT IN THE RAIN.

Are they kidding? The car's been there for 15 days now! Turn around time for a Corvette PDI is 3 days. Good thing they're in a union or guess what?
My car came in on the morning of the 21st, I picked it up on the afternoon of the 24th in August. I don't recall you saying that the car was being sent out
for a full ppf and ceramic coating after?
That is done already.
You know it will have the PPF the Ceramic Coating the Tinted windows. So it's protected now. So drive it as it will make you very happy plus it won't get hurt. THEY DON'T MELT IN THE RAIN.
HAHA I will definitely drive in the rain etc. I want to get it home spotless as I need to remove the front bumper cover potentially to install the Front Rad Screens. Best to do that before the grit gets in the cracks and crevices.

NED, Have you put a lot of KMS on your yet?
Not as much as I would like as the car spent one morning at WN to fix a small issue with the drivers seat memory and now it is at the Ceramic, PPF and tint people. We also had two events to attend with the car. I will be past the break-in mileage after the weekend.
I still think there are two issues with the car that need to looked at. I will put up a separate post for them. It is not anything to do with the ERAY part (electrification or ICE).

Stunning ... Congratulations
Congrats. Where were you on the list? Not available in 4 years in BC unless you are one or two on a list. Had a chance fall 2023 but had to pay $30K over. In hind sight should have bit the bullet. Taxes huge here in BC - far left government.

So I passed the break in period(mileage) today. Holy s**t batman what a ride when I stomped on the loud peddle. 160 km in no time, tracked straight with no issues.
Almost all the issues I though I had with the car like the parking brake, Infotainment screen were all user errors. The car is perfect with no issues. The car sounds great in Sport and even better in Track. Now I am going to set up my mode. I had a really funny thing happen to me yesterday stopped by a friends shop in Newmarket and a lady stuck her head in the window to look at the interior and when she pulled her head out she said it smells like by $900 Gucci hand bag. LOL Also put up the dyno screen and noticed that on this trip I saved 1.1 liters of fuel. I found that it stays a lot in 4 cylinder mode and that the electric motor put in more hp when you just push the gas pedal a bit or when you are climbing a hill gently. You can see the input on the dyno screen. I am learning how to use the electric side of the house more every day. I have already noticed that my liters per 100 km is better that my Acura RDX SUV by a long shot. It turns just like its on rails and has more grip than my C6 by a long shot. I can feel the 10% more stiffness in this car vs previous C8's that I have driven. I does feel heavy but it's a more confidence heavy. What I don't like already is the shut off when you come to a stop. I usually shut it off soon after I start it up. We have our club spring cruse this weekend. Well I will give you guys a update as I do some getting used to the ERAY.
Oh, somebody asked me if I hear the electric motor it's a slight whine just like a golf cart and only in the two special modes for the Eray. I do not hear it when in tour or any of the others as the tire noise and exhaust noise are much louder. Also during the last few days I could not stealth mode as it was too cold. So a few neighbors got a a wakeup call. Questions ??

Last edited:
So I passed the break in period(mileage) yesterday. Holy s**t batman what a ride when I stomped on the loud peddle. 160 km in no time, tracked straight with no issues.
Almost all the issues I though I had with the car like the parking brake, Infotainment screen were all user errors. The car is perfect with no issues. The car sounds great in Sport and even better in Track. Now I am going to set up my mode. I had a really funny thing happen to me yesterday stopped by a friends shop in Newmarket and a lady stuck her head in the window to look at the interior and when she pulled her head out she said it smells like by $900 Gucci hand bag. LOL Also put up the dyno screen and noticed that on this trip I saved 1.1 liters of fuel. I found that it stays a lot in 4 cylinder mode and that the electric motor put in more hp when you just push the gas pedal a bit or when you are climbing a hill gently. You can see the input on the dyno screen. I am learning how to use the electric side of the house more every day. I have already noticed that my liters per 100 km is better that my Acura RDX SUV by a long shot. It turns just like its on rails and has more grip than my C6 by a long shot. I can feel the 10% more stiffness in this car vs previous C8's that I have driven. I does feel heavy but it's a more confidence heavy. What I don't like already is the shut off when you come to a stop. I usually shut it off soon after I start it up. We have our club spring cruse this weekend. Well I will give you guys a update as I do some getting used to the ERAY.
Oh, somebody asked me if I hear the electric motor it's a slight whine just like a golf cart and only in the two special modes for the Eray. I do not hear it when in tour or any of the others as the tire noise and exhaust noise are much louder. Also during the last few days I could not stealth mode as it was too cold. So a few neighbors got a a wakeup call. Questions ??

So I passed the break in period(mileage) yesterday. Holy s**t batman what a ride when I stomped on the loud peddle. 160 km in no time, tracked straight with no issues.
What’s your favourite cheese ? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Ned,
When you say "it was too cold" for stealth mode, did the car itself show you a warning, or was that just by your instinct?
I always warm up my cars, if only for a few minutes.
I was wondering about any adverse effects of taking the E-Ray out of the garage and onto the street without any warming of the ICE.
As gimmicky as it may be, I can actually envision using stealth mode for this, but at the same time isn't a warm up prudent?
By the way, I'm one of those few others waiting on an E-Ray over a Z06, so I am definitely interested in your 'reviews'.

Ned,
When you say "it was too cold" for stealth mode, did the car itself show you a warning, or was that just by your instinct?
I always warm up my cars, if only for a few minutes.
I was wondering about any adverse effects of taking the E-Ray out of the garage and onto the street without any warming of the ICE.
As gimmicky as it may be, I can actually envision using stealth mode for this, but at the same time isn't a warm up prudent?
By the way, I'm one of those few others waiting on an E-Ray over a Z06, so I am definitely interested in your 'reviews'.
The DIC told me it was too cold to use the electrics. The message was under the Stealth mode when I tired to select it so it would not engage. It was cold out like 4 degrees so I just fired up the ICE. I know that the battery pack has both a heater and a cooler to keep things at the temperature for optimum usage. Later on I stopped at a store to get something came out about 3 mins later and just for a check I selected Stealth and it worked just fine. So I guess the 10 min drive to this store was enough for the heater to work as the outside temp was at 6 degrees. I also learned a very interesting thing which I already posted. Seeing that the cost of doing maintenance is very high especially the DCT. So I enquired on the maintenance program and guess what GM does not offer one. I think it would be a great bargain as if you add up oil changes and DCT filter and fluid changes the maintenance program would save you lots.

The DIC told me it was too cold to use the electrics. The message was under the Stealth mode when I tired to select it so it would not engage. It was cold out like 4 degrees so I just fired up the ICE. I know that the battery pack has both a heater and a cooler to keep things at the temperature for optimum usage. Later on I stopped at a store to get something came out about 3 mins later and just for a check I selected Stealth and it worked just fine. So I guess the 10 min drive to this store was enough for the heater to work as the outside temp was at 6 degrees. I also learned a very interesting thing which I already posted. Seeing that the cost of doing maintenance is very high especially the DCT. So I enquired on the maintenance program and guess what GM does not offer one. I think it would be a great bargain as if you add up oil changes and DCT filter and fluid changes the maintenance program would save you lots.
Ok, so that answers part of my question.
I don't think the issue of it being too cold for the electrics is a real concern for me, given that my garage is heated and I can't envision using 'stealth mode' elsewhere.

What I am wondering about still, is the start of the ICE, after concientiously leaving my garage and heading down the road.
Is it not a good idea to warm up the engine a bit, before hitting the streets?
This is akin to firing up any C8, then putting it immediately into drive, however, it may be exasperated by the fact that in the E-Ray you will already be travelling at a decent pace.

I see lots of info in the Owners manual about warming the engine to check the oil, but nothing at all about warming up the engine prior to driving.
Is this just 'Old School' thinking on my part?
Are these engines so sophisticated now that it's fine to just start and go?

Curious.
(I'll keep on warming it up, thank you)