NED

Casual User
Mar 1, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2024 ERAY HTC 3LZ
Province
ON
Well went to WN today and visited the beauty. Fired it up and checked it over. I will be picking it up on Tuesday.

Attachments

• DSCF2167.JPG
    DSCF2167.JPG
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2166.JPG
    DSCF2166.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2171.MOV
    43.4 MB
Congratulations, hopefully you will have some nice weather to start breaking it in.

Well went to WN today and visited the beauty. Fired it up and checked it over. I will be picking it up on Tuesday.
Congrats Ned, did it arrive on the Thursday truck or the Friday one I was tracking for someone else? Who's the lady watching over you in the video?
If any one else is interested in getting an E-Ray, reach out to me as I have a slot for you to get one. Only one slot.

Congrats Ned, did it arrive on the Thursday truck or the Friday one I was tracking for someone else? Who's the lady watching over you in the video?
If any one else is interested in getting an E-Ray, reach out to me as I have a slot for you to get one. Only one slot.
It was the Friday truck. That is my wife.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Scott,
By "a slot", I'm assuming this is a cancellation, and not an allocation, correct?
What's going on out there?
This is at least the third high-priced variant I have seen offered in the last week.
Is the luxury tax and the levelling off of after-market pricing taking a dent (finally) out of the 'flipping' market?
Alternatively, have those buyers with limited resources taken a serious look at just how much a fully financed 'toy' will cost?

Scott,
By "a slot", I'm assuming this is a cancellation, and not an allocation, correct?
This is at least the third high-priced variant I have seen offered in the last week.
Is the luxury tax and the levelling off of after-market pricing taking a dent (finally) out of the 'flipping' market?
Alternatively, have those buyers with limited resources taken a serious look at just how much a fully financed 'toy' will cost?
Agreed ... But wouldnt a " slot " .... mean an allocation to put in an order ? Or is that just wishful thinking ?

Scott,
I’m fortunate that I don’t have to finance but did the math on my Stingray HT using the figures on GM build and price. The cost over the 84 months would be slightly under $25,000 . Not insignificant for sure.

• Scared
Reactions: Vettenut
Agreed ... But wouldnt a " slot " .... mean an allocation to put in an order ? Or is that just wishful thinking ?
In my opinion, if an allocation is turned down, it should then be offered to whoever is next on that Dealership's magical 'list', to build as they see fit.
Unless the Dealership has nobody left on his 'list', the car shouldn't be offered through this forum (or any other) to begin with.

A cancellation, on the other hand, is already built, and either sitting at the Dealership or on it's way.
In this case, I would think the appropriate thing would be for the Dealer to still give his 'list' first right of refusal.
In the event there are no takers for the car as built, sure, sell it off to whoever wants it - with forum members getting first 'dibs' (because of our support).

I have no idea of the specifics of this particular E-Ray, but I believe Scott does.
Perhaps he can enlighten us.

In my opinion, if an allocation is turned down, it should then be offered to whoever is next on that Dealership's magical 'list', to build as they see fit.
Unless the Dealership has nobody left on his 'list', the car shouldn't be offered through this forum (or any other) to begin with.

A cancellation, on the other hand, is already built, and either sitting at the Dealership or on it's way.
In this case, I would think the appropriate thing would be for the Dealer to still give his 'list' first right of refusal.
In the event there are no takers for the car as built, sure, sell it off to whoever wants it - with forum members getting first 'dibs' (because of our support).

I have no idea of the specifics of this particular E-Ray, but I believe Scott does.
That's the way I'd do it if I was a dealer, but if a customer walks away it's up to the dealer because the car belongs to them and is not contracted to anyone. An allocation is quite another thing. As long as there is no restrictions attached to the allocation, then yes it almost always goes to the next on the list.

Darrell, I tried calling you to discuss to save me the time of typing out "how it works behind closed doors". This is not a cancellation. The zone management team sends out a consensus asking for dealerships wish list for all makes and models not just Corvettes. Dealers like Spencer's in the past have replied we want 100 Corvettes. They get whatever GM gives them. The top 20 dealers from Canada have shall we say "discussions" with their Zone Managers as they expect and request certain items at certain times and these managers tell them what to expect and even in some cases when to expect it. Although I don't get to sit in on these meetings, I hear about them. I posted when the first E-Ray allocations came out how many there were and who they went to. The top 10 dealers have already had theirs built and now Hal and Ned can see for real they exist! This month there is going to be a push to build Canadian cars that got pushed back over the last couple of months due to the recall and related shipping issues. Last week they were pulling sold Canadian orders sitting at 3300 waiting for a TPW and moved them ahead to 3400 status and scheduled many of them to be built this coming week and not the usual month from now. I expect even though the numbers are minimal with 228 built so far and only 12 E-Rays built this week, next week the production is scheduled to quadruple with Stingray numbers being reduced to offset the E-Ray production.
The E-Ray spot I am referring to is sort of what I called you about at Ray Cullen, there was one person in front who's car should be built soon as it is one of the first 25 allocations and the next spot is open. Dealers expect things based on conversations with management and status based on prior performance. I expect there to be one more E-Ray allocation in Canada for 2024. They will be hand selected allocations. I have a good idea who they are going to and was offered the next spot at one of these dealers that I assume has nobody remaining on the list due to a number of reasons that you already mentioned mostly cancellations and no customer being ready to step up at this point.

It was the Friday truck. That is my wife.
Ned, I was tracking your truck through my sources. It stopped in London, Guelph, Orangeville and Bolton to drop the bottom row and your car was on the top row with four others. WN might have told you how many cars came off the truck for them on Friday and if they spoke to the driver. I know your truck is back in Bowling Green today reloading again and will be on his way back to Ontario tomorrow as bringing the cars here is a priority right now.

Scott,
@DW Ruby you better jump on that E-Ray allocation before the opportunity is gone

• Agree
Reactions: DW Ruby
THIS IS A LONG POST AND I AM SORRY. Mr. Corvette, I thank you for your honesty on how things work or not work and of course the information you provide to the Forum. I am also very happy that my car is sitting at WN waiting for me to pick it up on Tuesday afternoon as it has been a very very long time (Jan 2, 2021) since I put my name on a list and $5K down for a spot. The original list was for a wide body car (GS, Z06 or ???) and I have some relationships with the Corvette execs through Corvette Racing. So I had idea the ERAY was coming shortly before it was Generally announced. I jumped on the chance to get one when WN phoned. NOW I did not expect the price increase for this car!!! I will blame our Federal Gov on that one. But we all have a budget and this car pushed it very very close to the max. I have worked for two of the largest organizations in Canada so I know how things work. What I didn't like is that it was very difficult to find out were the car was at any one time as I don't think it is very good for a car to sit outside in a parking lot (covered or not) for two months. There also seems to be a totally different process in the USA in the way a customer has excess to info on their purchase. They knew of the lighting issue and mean it has been happening since 2020 and I think that the 2024 production of cars pushed management to fix the 2024 cars first and then back thru the ages (why wasn't it worked on since 2020). I very good friend of mine had one of the first HTC and just received her recall notice last week. ??? So that was part of the reason my car sat in the parking lot. I did a lot of work pushing and pleading everyone from WN to those in the know that my finished car be shipped and finally got it done. I kind of embarrassed some individuals that a car with a higher VIN was delivered as mine was still sitting in a parking lot. NO customer should have to go through that!! Well the car is here and it looks great for what I can see as it still needed to got thru cleaning adding some little bits and PDI but Tuesday at 2pm the car should have my ass in the drivers seat on my way to Uxbridge. Just to let you guys know lately that this kind of stuff is going on in our medical process. A note for anyone that has a medical condition, you NEED to be your own advocate because if you are not you will be last one to get your procedure done. For some of us this may be a life or death process. You need to push people for info, push for procedures and ask them the hard questions to get what you NEED. I have a long story on that one.
Thanks for listening and it is great that this forum has people like Mr. Corvette and other Corvette guys to give us this fine honest, information on this type of thing and others. THANK YOU Mr. Corvette.
Sorry, I did not discuss with WN if the car was on the top of the trailer etc. All I know I got 2 different dates and 3 different times that the car was going to arrive. I was told that the car did arrived late on Friday evening.
We have a lot of great Chev dealers that we use to purchase cars, parts and get service. Many of us post our relationships with vendors and for me WN is the best for me as they have been very honest, no bullshit and told me as best they could what was going on.
Thanks for Listening and I hope that I can meet some of you along the way.

Your welcome Ned and I hope you have put your health concerns behind you now and can enjoy your car now for a long, long time. I've have your window sticker on the top of my screen to remind me to keep checking on your car which was on hold a little longer than Hal's which I went to see the day it arrived. It's great to hear you have connections with Corvette Racing and when I met with you we can compare notes on that. Just so you know, my sources say the problem with the headlight stems to the change in 2024 with the introduction of the TQ5 IntelliBeam auto high beam system. If they kept 2024 the same as 2023 and prior, I don't think we would have experienced the problem that an over the air update couldn't have resolved. Believe it or not the information system for customers in the US is about the same as ours through the dealers. There is more information available through the NCM than we have access to, so I use my sources there and elsewhere to try and get the members here the same if not more information than what is available to them as well. You built a great car so go enjoy it this week as the weather is finally turning in the right direction for us here. Enjoy!
Scott

Reactions: Billclerm