I know but I am getting sick of the dealership call centre letting me know that I need and oil change and getting notices from GM telling me the same thing.
Just do the oil life reset procedure, as I'm sure you don't (like me) pay attention to the percentage anyway. Lots of YouTube vids on how to reset it. I did it once when I changed my oil last fall, it's pretty easy to do.

I am getting my 1st oil change done tomorrow. I made it very clear I do NOT want the DCT touched as I only have 3600kms on the car.

My oil life monitor is saying 19% oil life remaining. I should have unhooked my battery when my car was in storage all winter. :)
You can reset your oil life clock yourself. And the oil monitor actually runs off an algorithm. It has no idea regarding the quality of the oil.

Reactions: 1st Vette
I know but I am getting sick of the dealership call centre letting me know that I need and oil change and getting notices from GM telling me the same thing.
I know a guy who doesn't listen to GM's money generating recommendations and resets the oil life at 1 year and changes the oil after 2 years.
A good synthetic oil can easily last 2 years on a gently used Corvette.

As long as it’s after the warranty has already expired
Warranty would only apply if they could prove it was an oil issue. Then they'd want receipts for the oil and filter the guy bought. A lot of ifs there.

Reactions: DenisC8