Oil cheap. Engine expensive.
I changed my oil just before hibernation.
Took it out May 1st and lo and behold oil life was down to 45% just from sitting doing nothing.
I agree that oil will deteriorate just sitting around in the oil pan but losing 55% in six months is a bit on the heavy side.

I changed my oil just before hibernation.
Took it out May 1st and lo and behold oil life was down to 45% just from sitting doing nothing.
I agree that oil will deteriorate just sitting around in the oil pan but losing 55% in six months is a bit on the heavy side.
I did as well, and same thing....Just ignore the %, car adjusts strictly on time, (oil is still like new) Just change it again in the Fall before hibernation regardless what the % says over the summer....no issues....

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Based on my history with my C7, I won't be hitting 12,000 km in the 1st two years so better to take DCT service at 1st complimentary oil change or 2nd?
The initial transmission canister filter change must be performed at 12 000 km (7,500 mi),and every 36 000 km (22,500 mi)thereafter.
According to Mr.Corvette the filter gets dirty quickly so try to split the difference

Yes, I understand that but since I get 1 free, I might as well use it before I do the mandatory one at 12,000 km?
Based on what was seen yesterday with a 2023 with just under 6,000 km on it almost 2 years old, if your at 6,000 km approaching your 2 years in service date, definitely
get your DCT changed for free. Then if you take another 2 years to reach 12,000 km, you must change it again to protect your factory warranty. Whatever milage below 12,000 anyone changes it at you must change it again at 12,000 give or take about 500 km. You are then required to change it again at 36,000 km, 72,000 km and 108,000 km. Change the transmission fluid at 5 years or 72,000 km whichever comes first.

From the owner's manual...see highlight in green. Just to add some complexity.
Every 72 000 km (45,000 mi). Change the transmission fluid andexternal canister filter. Change the external canister filter every 36 000 km(22,500 mi) thereafter. This service can be complex. See your dealer.
Or when the CHANGE TRANSMISSIONFLUID SOON message displays, change the fluid and external canister filter within the next 1 000 km (620 mi). Failure to change the transmission fluid at required intervals can lead to reduced transmission performance. The transmission fluid must be changed at least every three years and the Fluid Life System must be reset. Your dealer has trained service technicians who will change the fluid and reset the system. If the system is ever reset accidentally, the fluid must be changed at72 000 km (45,000 mi) since the last fluid change. See Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid Life System 0 252

Reactions: Mr.Corvette