Wow, much politics here suddenly. I've locked this for the time being as we were suddenly transported into the smelly side of the pits of an election...

There's a politics thread somewhere to sound off in.
Can't eat dinner without all hell breaking loose!

End of week and I've had my dinner. Thread reopened by some demand. I've cleaned it up best I can. Have at it.

Tired Wake Up GIF by Working Title

Yeah you can stick an Airtag on your car hidden somewhere to keep tabs on your car but remember what you can do some criminal can do also:

I never thought that they could hide an airtag on your car and find it later. Not sure how that helps crooks with a C8, but it's a start for them. Of course they'd have to find steel on the car. Not an easy thing to do on a C8. An armed and locked, immobilized C8 is hard to steal without setting off the alarms.

Reactions: MKC8
I never thought that they could hide an airtag on your car and find it later. Not sure how that helps crooks with a C8, but it's a start for them. Of course they'd have to find steel on the car. Not an easy thing to do on a C8. An armed and locked, immobilized C8 is hard to steal without setting off the alarms.
Duct tape.... lol....

Your Android phone can look for unknown trackers that might be stuck to your car. Go to Settings, Safety and Emergency, then Unknown Tracker Alerts. It might already be set up to periodically scan and warn you.
Thanks for that! I found it and it seems to be enabled by default!

Last edited:
Your Android phone can look for unknown trackers that might be stuck to your car. Go to Settings, Safety and Emergency, then Unknown Tracker Alerts. It might already be set up to periodically scan and warn you.

(iPhones probably do this too, but I don't use apple products)
As per Android phone's info "... Unknown tracker alerts currently work with Apple AirTags. ..."

Reactions: 1st Vette
There is also big difference between theft prevention and theft recovery. There are lots of stories of police not doing anything about recovery of a stolen vehicle even if location is known
You know, if they steal my car do me a favor.....................make it disappear. I don't want it found and I don't want to know they'll repair it, fix it whatever and give it back to me cause no way it will EVER be like it was from the factory and I'd rather start fresh.

I got my 43 endorsement, insurance can cut me a cheque for what I paid for the car and I'll go on my merry way with getting something else brand new and unmolested.

Which fuse/relay would be the one to pull, to really disable the car, short term?
Opinions?
In the rear compartment fuse block I would think #5 and # 18 should do the trick. Not that hard to access as it’s located between the seats below the large speaker.

In the rear compartment fuse block I would think #5 and # 18 should do the trick. Not that hard to access as it’s located between the seats below the large speaker.

Heres a question ..... what would happen if we pulled # 13 ... active fuel management ?

Awesome link :Cheers2: gonna print it
Gee . Nice to feel useful for a change , lol . Wouldn’t take but three or four minutes to pull them I would think. Another option I thought of would be to install a remote controlled relay/switch disconnect for the battery negative. They are available and quite reasonable in cost . Once installed just press the button on the remote and the ignition circuit is disabled. I’m looking into it.
Heres a question ..... what would happen if we pulled # 13 ... active fuel management ?
Not sure. Probably throw some codes at the least maybe just mess with fuel economy. I don’t have a clue really. Fuel delivery is electronic in nature so if you pull the right fuse you would think you could stop all fuel flow. It seems that the C8 is inherently quite theft resistant to begin with which it’s position in the middle of the top 10 least stolen vehicles list indicates but a few other well thought out deterrents can’t hurt. I suppose the scum bag thieves could always winch it onto a flat deck but that would draw a lot of attention in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread