Car theft and carjackings are getting insane, especially in the GTA. A fellow corvette owner sent me a security video of 3 guys attempting to steal his brand new truck, and him, his wife and his neighbour confronting the thieves who drove away in a stolen Mercedes. Just watching his security footage was traumatic. Because his brand new truck doesn’t fit in his garage, he will have to sell it after repairing the damage that was done as nothing is safe in the driveways of the GTA.

I felt compelled to get a steering wheel lock, faraday box/case for the keys and told myself to stay away from the GTA ;)

I've known this for years, but I've never actually done it myself. Scan & print your ownership and give a copy to everyone that drives your car. You only have to show proof of ownership when pulled over by leo. Same goes with your insurance slip. You get 4 of them.

Mitch Marner had his car (SUV?) stolen at gunpoint as well. While it would take a while to get another C8 it's still not worth dying over.

I keep mine at home in my teepee, in my "assault style" bow and arrow safe.
It's also known, by non-indigenous linguistics experts, as a wigwam, but that's actually what keeps my head from getting frostbite in winter.

On a serious note, SUVs seem to be more commonly stolen, as the places a lot of them go don't have very good road systems.

I keep mine at home in my teepee, in my "assault style" bow and arrow safe.
It's also known, by non-indigenous linguistics experts, as a wigwam, but that's actually what keeps my head from getting frostbite in winter.

On a serious note, SUVs seem to be more commonly stolen, as the places a lot of them go don't have very good road systems.
Be nice if you could get a carry permit here …. that should ruffle a few feathers. 🦅 ;)

I've known this for years, but I've never actually done it myself. Scan & print your ownership and give a copy to everyone that drives your car. You only have to show proof of ownership when pulled over by leo. Same goes with your insurance slip. You get 4 of them.
That is next on my to do list

Be nice if you could get a carry permit here …. that should ruffle a few feathers. 🦅 ;)
If I actually lived out in the wilderness somewhere, I'd have to seriously consider carrying something, just to walk the dog, or go get the mail, or do some yardwork.
If you're in a wilderness based profession, like trapper, prospector, utility lineman, or even some bush pilots, you may qualify for a carry permit for a handgun, but I think most of them prefer a long (compact) gun solution, as it's a lot less hassle to get legally.
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. (beware the rut)

You can break & enter, assault the homeowners, steal their vehicle, get arrested, and be out the next day. When you’re bringing in bottom of the barrel immigrants, this is the end result. Even the police will tell you to unlock your home doors and bend over for the criminals. What a wonderful country this has become.
Still better than most places in the world.

Still better than most places in the world.
I agree with you, however if some of the current issues are not dealt with promptly by Politicians that have some guts and not those who will bend over for all the special interest groups then things will certainly get worse.
I say this as someone who immigrated to Canada 40 years ago but witnessed first hand ( from my homeland ) the devastation that ensue due lax policies, little accountability, poverty, laziness, lack of respect, unwillingness to work and earn a decent living and people who are hell bent on taking things that don't belong to them.
Believe me, it burns me to hear the things that are currently going on because I know how bad it can really get.

Last edited:
Agree with above #19. My take on this is these friggin' losers got bored playing GTA or something so the real thing has to be tried. When the consequences are no better than the reset button of your (insert your favorite gaming console) then they get more brazen.

These idiots don't know the difference between fake and real and what happens in reality really affects everyone, not just the victims.

Here's another good one.................too much need for speed and had to try the real thing. Love to know whos car that was and if it belongs to the parents they need a good whoopin'.

Users who are viewing this thread