Feb 17, 2020
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
The traffic lane alert on my new C8 only works 70% pf the time. The dealer says that it works fine. Should it not be working 100% of the time? Anyone else with same problem? I think the dealer is trying to brush me off. Since I got the car in May this year, they replaced the transmission at 850km, new lifters at 1000km and all along problems with the traffic alert signals.

Mine works well AFAIK. I don't drive on multi lane highways much though. It does depend how close the car is to you, but the next lane should trigger it. Not sure how you could test it.
I’m assuming that cars going in the opposite direction don’t trigger it because of a programmed delay? Have you ever noticed how long a vehicle is to the side and behind you before you get the alert? And how far away?

I’m assuming that cars going in the opposite direction don’t trigger it because of a programmed delay? Have you ever noticed how long a vehicle is to the side and behind you before you get the alert? And how far away?
Y'know, I have my mirrors set so there are no blind spots so I don't really notice it much.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
The driver’s side works more often than the passenger side. I Have not been able to determine a pattern.
I can only suggest you test it, not in rush hour, by driving beside someone faster than slower to see if it is working as intended. Or perhaps on a sidestreet back and forth beside a parked car. I don't think I'd ever rely on technology for this stuff anyway. I can only speak for the coupe, but if the mirrors are properly adjusted and your movements aren't limited in some fashion, there really are no blind spots. The technology is an aid and should not be trusted entirely.

These cars aren't Teslas, they don't drive themselves, and the alerts sensor systems are not guaranteed to work 100% of the time. They are there to help, not to be foolproof. The OM says if the system seems to be malfunctioning to see your dealer for service. Since you've already done that, it becomes a you said, they say, situation. You could try another dealer?
No, I haven't experienced this because my car hasn't arrived yet, although it has been built. I hope I don't.