Now that things look to be going back to "normal" with new C8's being more readily available, please remember those dealers who chose to sell at MSRP (max) while others jumped on the "greed-it's only market rates-everyone else is doing it-who cares about customer long-term loyalty" bandwagon. I think we should reward those dealers who took the long-term view and decided to make their normal profit, rather than dealers who sold past C8's and ignored lists and sold to the highest dollar, many times shunning long-term loyal customers. Something for you to consider when spending those hard-earned dollars, which were just as hard to earn when trying to swing a past deal with dealerships looking for way over MSRP. Remember that the dealer network will see a dealership who is low on stock (ie. Corvettes) working out a stock swap with a dealership who has an abundance of a particular type of vehicle. So in other words, even if a dealership you'd prefer to work with, doesn't have a Corvette for sale or one with the specs you're looking for, it might be able to source out a Corvette for you from a different dealership. Again, that's what happened in "the old days" so don't give up and feel you're forced to deal with a specific dealership just because they've got a Corvette with the specs you want, sitting on their lot or coming to their dealership w/o anyone's name on it.

This also applies to warranty or other servicing work. Consider favouring dealers who favoured their customers in the past, with your business. Something to think about. My 2 cents.

And note: US dealerships are now starting to sell C8 Stingrays for less than MSRP. At least one US dealership was asking MSRP for a C8 Z06. Signs of things to come and when a country is in a recession (which Canada is, IMO, although no one wants to say it...just look at the faltering food banks, as your barometer - see article below), lower prices for non-essential "toys" become even more prevalent, especially for the higher-priced ones.

I'll start with my area (Edmonton): the only "MSRP-max" dealership left standing after 4+ years of C8 production, is Northgate Chev. There are several smaller Alberta dealers who get far less C8 allocations but never go above MSRP, such as Mighty Peace Chev in Peace River.

The Calgary dealership where I purchased my first (2020) C8 (Capital Chev) is still selling at MSRP and they get a lot of allocations.

I invite others to ID the same type of dealerships, in your area.

Last edited:
Now that things look to be going back to "normal" with new C8's being more readily available, please remember those dealers who chose to sell at MSRP (max) while others jumped on the "greed-it's only market rates-everyone else is doing it-who cares about customer long-term loyalty" bandwagon. I think we should reward those dealers who took the long-term view and decided to make their normal profit, rather than dealers who sold past C8's and ignored lists and sold to the highest dollar, many times shunning long-term loyal customers. Something for you to consider when spending those hard-earned dollars, which were just as hard to earn when trying to swing a past deal with dealerships looking for way over MSRP. Remember that the dealer network will see a dealership who is low on stock (ie. Corvettes) working out a stock swap with a dealership who has an abundance of a particular type of vehicle. So in other words, even if a dealership you'd prefer to work with, doesn't have a Corvette for sale or one with the specs you're looking for, it might be able to source out a Corvette for you from a different dealership. Again, that's what happened in "the old days" so don't give up and feel you're forced to deal with a specific dealership just because they've got a Corvette with the specs you want, sitting on their lot or coming to their dealership w/o anyone's name on it.

This also applies to warranty or other servicing work. Consider favouring dealers who favoured their customers in the past, with your business. Something to think about. My 2 cents.

And note: US dealerships are now starting to sell C8 Stingrays for less than MSRP. At least one US dealership was asking MSRP for a C8 Z06. Signs of things to come and when a country is in a recession (which Canada is, IMO, although no one wants to say it...just look at the faltering food banks, as your barometer - see article below), lower prices for non-essential "toys" become even more prevalent, especially for the higher-priced ones.

I have always rewarded business with good ethics and service with more business. Price is sometimes not everything. Love the initiative to highlight good places as we only hear the horror stories

Just saying :)

Thanks Nik. I'm focusing on one aspect in particular of a "good dealership": their policy of selling at MSRP. I'm hoping we get a list on this thread, of Canadian dealerships who kept that policy during the initial C8 selling years, so we as members of the Corvette/GM community, can consider rewarding them with our business. I suspect dealers who had and kept that policy, are likely good with how they treat their customers with other aspects such as reliable and prompt servicing, good communication, honouring agreements, and customer follow-up. Typically, when a dealership is focused on customer loyalty and satisfaction, that shows up in everything the dealership does and it's usually because it starts at the top and works its way down to all departments. At least that's been my experience, although for you nay-sayers out there: yes...no one's perfect, but more than half the battle is sincerely trying...

Reactions: Nik and KTJF
Thanks Nik. I'm focusing on one aspect in particular of a "good dealership": their policy of selling at MSRP. I'm hoping we get a list on this thread, of Canadian dealerships who kept that policy during the initial C8 selling years, so we as members of the Corvette/GM community, can consider rewarding them with our business. I suspect dealers who had and kept that policy, are likely good with how they treat their customers with other aspects such as reliable and prompt servicing, good communication, honouring agreements, and customer follow-up. Typically, when a dealership is focused on customer loyalty and satisfaction, that shows up in everything the dealership does and it's usually because it starts at the top and works its way down to all departments. At least that's been my experience, although for you nay-sayers out there: yes...no one's perfect, but more than half the battle is sincerely trying...

All good. Excellent thread and by all means let's celebrate them.

If anyone does feel strongly enough to push a review out, hit the link above. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to pricing 😉

I'll start with my area (Edmonton): the only "MSRP-max" dealership left standing after 4+ years of C8 production, is Northgate Chev. There are several smaller Alberta dealers who get far less C8 allocations but never go above MSRP, such as Mighty Peace Chev in Peace River.

The Calgary dealership where I purchased my first (2020) C8 (Capital Chev) is still selling at MSRP and they get a lot of allocations.

I invite others to ID the same type of dealerships, in your area.
Agreed. Nick Kruse at Mighty Peace is a straight up guy , would deal with him in a heartbeat. And I have so far been pretty satisfied in my dealings with Northgate . A lot of dealerships could learn a lot from them. Greed for some reason leaves a lasting bad taste in the mouth.

Reactions: KTJF
Note to this thread: I believe that dealers in Ontario must sell the cars at MSRP because GM is advertising them at MSRP and cars must be sold at the advertised price. OMVIC

That is not true. The dealer must sell the car for what they advertise it for. Not what GM advertises it for.

MSRP is exactly that. Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.

You always see in the fine print that dealers are free to set any sale prices.

Last edited:
That is not true. The dealer must sell the car for what they advertise it for. Not what GM advertises it for.

MSRP is exactly that. Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.

You always see in the fine print that dealers are free to set any sale prices.
I was already corrected thank you!!

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8
I was already corrected thank you!!
No problem. It is often a misunderstood regulation.

FWIW, I was an OMVIC registered Dealer for 20 years and still hold a Sales Licence so I am familiar with the Rules and Regs.

Reactions: Gilles27 and Dik
Ours came from Shaganappi in Calgary. This is our third Vette from them. Always MSRP or less. Great service from Ed Brunn over many years and vehicles.

I met someone with a different experience with Shaganappi. He saw a 2021 C8 advertised on their website, contacted them and bought it the next day. It was his first Corvette and he knew nothing about prices. He paid about $25-30,000.00 over MSRP and when he asked why there was such a price gap between what they were asking him to pay, and the total showing on the Monroney sticker (aka window sticker) after he saw the sticker, he was told all the dealer-installed accessories made up the difference. I started asking him what extras came with the car: floor mats (no), tray set for frunk/trunk (no), car cover (no), ceramic coating (no). I gave up at that point and looked at his C8: it had side rocker extensions and that was about it. He’d paid way over MSRP but had no idea. I didn’t have the heart to tell him and strongly recommended he join a Corvette Forum or Club to get better informed. I had to explain basics such as how to manually open his hood; he hadn’t even read his owner’s manual and knew little about the car.

I purchased my 2024 Stingray through Ray Cullen, London (Steve McCaw).
The entire process went seamlessly, free of the drama I have read of others having had to endure.
As it should be, the car was valued at MSRP.
I have no reason to doubt that my future service requirements will be met.
Hopefully my next Corvette (E-Ray) can be purchased here as well, based on a relationship built, rather than 'Kool-Aid induced' allocations and constraints.

I bought mine through Capital Chevrolet in Calgary and paid MSRP. They were very good/ straight up to deal with. Also I found another C8 for a friend of mine there and he bought it a few days after I told him about it. He also paid MSRP and said that he thought they were an excellent dealership.

Reactions: scraze66