O

ojamali

Mar 29, 2014
Canada
VetteCoins
Car
CORVETTE C7
Hi Forum Mates!

GM Canada announced today that they are bringing the "Build your Z06 Engine" program to Canadians.

Now all we need is for them to confirm that they will be building more Z06's for Canada.

The options needs to be selected at the time of placing your Z06 order.

Details for follow later but here is some info released today:

Buyers of the all-new 2015 Corvette Z06 now have a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to hand-build the engine for their own car. Customers will
assemble their LT4 engine at the GM Performance Build Center in Bowling
Green, Kentucky with the guidance of a professional engine builder.
CORVETTE Z06
BUILD YOUR OWN ENGINE PROGRAM

I spent the better part of an hour speaking with GM today about whether or not any additional Z06s were coming into Canada and, as much as they won't say yes, they also won't say no. It is almost foolish to believe that they would announce this if there were no other allocations being made available wouldn't you think?

Definitely for people with pockets a lot deeper than mine. Still, if I were in that position, I'd probably have the top dog Corvette, full load and all these bells and whistles too.

I wonder if Manny offers this service?
I've seen signs at some shop stating...

$XXXX to build a motor.

$XXXX+$1K if you want to watch

$XXXX + $5K if you want to help...!

I just rebuilt my ZZ4 motor.... For free!
Graham

I spent the better part of an hour speaking with GM today about whether or not any additional Z06s were coming into Canada and, as much as they won't say yes, they also won't say no. It is almost foolish to believe that they would announce this if there were no other allocations being made available wouldn't you think?

Agreed. Sounds very favourable doesn't it....:D

GM is slowly realizing that Canada has a very good 'vette market and we do deserve better access to these special vehicles too.

Good times ahead.........Can't wait to see that Z, Les......Yikes!! You must be excited beyond belief.
LOL, I hope it comes in a timely fashion so that you can catch up on sleep.:D

C.

I have never appreciated the French language so much as this:

BON MATIN M.TOKAR
LA COMMANDE DE LA Z06 EST A L ETAPE 3000 CE MATIN
BONNE JOURNEE

I wonder how many won't play their dangle-the-carrot-on-a-stick game and move on to a Ford GT, Hellcat, Nissan GTR or other. There is lots of competition out there these days. In Oshawa, with regular vehicles, 60-65 an hour average was about the best production they ever got. One shift in the Corvette plant can only produce so many vehicles, so GM knows pretty close as to how many cars that plant will build each week, each month, each year. It's not that complicated.

Last edited:
I believe GM needs every customer they can cajole into their showrooms and won't want to lose any to the competition, -- there are some good options out there in the Hellcat, Fords, and Imports, as you point out.

For them to avail us of a few more (Z06) 'vettes shouldn't be too much to ask -- Heck some of the high volume dealers in the US have literally 100's of them just waiting for customers.

Let's hope anyway. They know they have a winner and they know we want more ......... so we'll see how it plays out.

C.

I would love to "build my own Z06 engine" for $5,500 and then sneak my C5 into the production plant line to have it installed.......Think they would notice? :rofl:

@Riley: LOL. Just make sure you sneak it in on the day they are painting all C7's the same color as yours. It will blend right in!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.