Sep 22, 2015
Clarksburg, On
VetteCoins
Car
2016 2LT Z51
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your experience was with ordering your Vette's. I placed my order on Sept 12 and still have no TPW or any news at all from GM. Wondering if this is standard practice when ordering this car. i would have figured that I would at least have some form of update by now. Any help would be appreciated to help me sleep at night.

Cheers.

Hello,

Do you know if your dealer has allocations available? Is your order sitting at 1100 in workbench? Or has it advanced and you are just waiting for a TPW? Call and ask your salesman what your order code is sitting at. That will tell you a lot about where you are in the ordering process.

If you're dealer has that allocation, you won't receive an update until the order is accepted which is most likely March or later. My order was accepted August and then the next update was in April officially. You also need to ensure the dealer knows that you are willing to adjust constraints if need be. If you're number comes up on a Thursday (the only day it will), the dealer has until the following Tues to have all in line for it to move forward, or it moves on. If you ... say ...want a Z51, or carbon fiber etc... and they are on a constraint, the order will move to another...

Ordered August 30 and got status 3000 in early March. TPW was shortly after that. Car was delivered April 26. My timing was quite quick, so I was fortunate. My dealer had originally set my expectation for delivery to early June. As AllFlash notes, results vary based on factory constraints and dealer allotments. Usually Canadian cars are not delivered in winter... though that may have changed.

Ordered December..... order received in February .... car delivered late May. About six months.
Some get delivered during winter... I see them on carriers on Hwy 401... but again, very few.

Ordered my 2016 Z51 on April 29th
Ordered accepted by GM on September 17th - no constraints
Car built October 15th
Car arrived at dealership on October 22nd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.